[Suggestion] Machine Upgrades

• So i've been thinking, using the same kind of coding/functionality as the slots in a Nuclear Reactor where you can place different components to change how the Reactor runs, why not do the same with machines?

I mean this with a smaller amount of slots and without components interacting with each other. So each machine (Macerators, Extractors, Compressors, Recyclers, Electro/Induction Furnaces and Canning Machines) would have 4 slots in the GUI on the side. And in these slots you could place different Machine Upgrade Components that change how the machine works. Right now I can think of 4 different upgrades off the top of my head.

Speed Upgrade-
    Allows the machine operate 2x as fast with each upgrade

Energy Efficiency Upgrade-
    The machine uses less EU per operation (dunno about exact numbers for that one)

Item Storage Upgrade-
    The machine would have its own storage chamber so it has a Chest GUI on the side with 2 sections: Input and Output each being half a small chest.
    That way you can stack operations without having to handle it yourself. (And add compatibility for pipes to fill up said chest)
    (Only 2 of these per machine) So you can have a Large Chest worth of stuff for the machine to run for awhile without you needing to interfere

Voltage Input Upgrade-
    Increases the maximum input for the machine. for this one I can suggest different tiers of upgrades: Medium Voltage, High Voltage and Extreme
    This would also increase the actual energy storage the machine has alone. MFSU Intergrated Induction Furnace: HAYO!

Recipes:

First off a new sort of component for the upgrades: A Machine Upgrade Integrator, this allows the upgrades to actually 'plug-in' to the machine (If you wanted to get into the reason for having this extra recipe)

:Intergrated Plating: =Empty Slot

:EC Meter: =Machine Upgrade Integrator

:Copper Dust: = Redstone Dust

:Tin Can: = RE Battery

Machine Upgrade Integrator:

:Cable: :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Ingot:

:Electronic Circuit: :Cable: :Copper Ingot:

:Cable: :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Ingot:

Speed Upgrade: (I don't really know what it would be lol, just an idea)

:Cable: :Copper Dust: :Cable:

:Cable: :EC Meter: :Cable:

:Tin Ingot: :Refined Iron: :Tin Ingot:

Energy Efficiency Upgrade:

:Intergrated Plating: :EC Meter: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: :Tin Can: :Intergrated Plating:

:Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell:

Item Storage Upgrade

:Intergrated Plating: :Personal Safe: :Intergrated Plating:

:Cable: :Electronic Circuit: :Cable:

Voltage Input Upgrade
    :Intergrated Plating: :LV-Transformer: :Intergrated Plating:

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

(Replace LV Transformer with respective Voltage Transformer to get Higher Tier upgrades)

• I could see this idea working parallel with ALbos in the near future, where you give machines chip boards to work from, and those boards can overclock, overcharge, and overextend the usage of said machines pending other recipe induced adjustments...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

I could see this idea working parallel with ALbos in the near future, where you give machines chip boards to work from, and those boards can overclock, overcharge, and overextend the usage of said machines pending other recipe induced adjustments...

Any links to the info, or maybe you could tell more about those chips?

• This is cool, but the machines should only have two upgrade slots.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I like all the ideas quite much. Just add a higher Energy Consumption! :D
    Thus anything working faster, also takes more Energy per operation! :D

• I like this idea, but what if you manipulate with upgrades while machine is running ? Wouldn't it cause a mess ? It may be solved by locking upgrade slots while it is turned on, i don't know if that's possible, though.

• i like this idea alot but alblacka already said he was going to implement overclocking

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D