Posts by buttonsinpjs

The personal teleporter does not seem to be holding the coordinates when I link it. I right click and create the link and when I hover over the item in my hotbar it shows the coords of the teleporter I linked it to. But as soon as I left click to move the item, the coords change to 0,0,0 and it can't be used anymore--gives a double message"No Target Teleporter!""No Target Teleporter!"
    If I keep the personal teleporter in my hand and don't move it after the link is made it will work and I get the messages "Teleported" "No Target Teleporter!" The charge doesn't seem to drain after a successful.

I have also observed the coords resetting to 0,0,0 if I right click anything with another tool or item in my hand.

I just noticed that the OP says to use Forge version 4.4.1, but I can't find that version on the build list. I'm currently using 4.2.5.305

Have you tried using the Playerdetector?

It can detect Players in a spherical radius of 16 meters, and has three Modes: Detect the Owner only, Detect everyone else, and Detect every single Player.

See more info in the Computercube.

I'd actually like to see a T2 version of the Water Mill that increases EU output for higher resource cost.

That's exactly what the turbine is. However, increasing the cost of crafting the turbine doesn't seem like enough for a higher output unmanned water mill. That's what the dam wall is for. The higher the water behind it, the more potential energy available to be converted into EU by the turbine. But you need to invest quite a bit in the dam wall for the turbine to generate a significant amount of energy.

Name: Dams and Water Turbine / Hydropower

Description:
    This idea mostly covers the dam portion of using water for power generation. Dam walls are created by using rebar and construction foam. The higher the wall of the dam the more potential energy you have, duh, physics 101. At the bottom of the dam is the control gate/penstock. I’m not sure if the control gate/penstock matters or is even needed because the turbine could do all the work. Then the water turbine is placed next to the control gate. Connect a cable to the turbine and get power to the grid. The only problem I have been unable to resolve is where all the water goes. After going through the turbine, water flows downstream and out of sight out of mind. I guess it doesn't matter in Minecraft because water doesn't "flow downstream" and it comes in unlimited quantities.

I think my idea is novel because it uses the height of the dam walls to determine the amount of power generation. This way it requires that you build/invest in the infrastructure before you get any return. First we treat rebar as a wire. Wire can be filled in with construction foam and solidifies into a dam wall. Now, because rebar is a wire it can transmit information to its neighbor and that wire can send to the next and the next etc. The information that the rebar transmits is simple; "Is water touching me? True or false?" At the bottom of the wall you have the control gate. The control gate receives the signals from all the wall blocks above it and adds all "trues". The control gate transmits this number to the turbine which uses that number as the basis for it’s power generation. I am not interested in how much power is output at this time. If this suggestion is popular enough I will put some time into figuring out how much power should be generated.

Basic Setup
    :Force Field: =water
    :Coal Chunk: =dam wall(rebar filled with CF)
    :Miner: =control gate
    :Water Mill: =water turbine

:Force Field: :Coal Chunk:

:Force Field: :Miner: :Water Mill: :Cable: :Batbox:

Now the great thing about this is that it's modular. Look at it from downstream:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: :Water Mill: <-a control gate is behind each turbine

Now it looks like a dam. By the way, you will need a fairly tall dam to generate any significant amount of power. Twenty plus block high for low-med voltage output?

The one huge glaring realism issue(other than water outflow) that I have is the single column of water behind the dam wall. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think blocks are able to detect more than one block away from itself. If they could it would help with determining power output of the turbine.

Optional piece of realism is to have a real generator produce the power. The turbine connects to the generator via shaft(iron fence?)

Possible secondary uses of new items.

• Rebar/CF blocks more than or equivalent to the explosive resistance of reinforced stone. Optional or better material for building nuclear reactor containment chambers.
    • Instead of creating the "control gate" block. Add the "dam wall" counter code to the IC2 pump.
    • Turbine could be used as a part for other advanced generators.

Recipes: :Empty Cell: =nothing
    Rebar x8
    :Refined Iron:
    iron fence
    :Refined Iron:

Control gate x1

:Refined Iron: :Advanced Circuit: :Refined Iron:
    :Empty Cell: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron: <-regular machine block

Turbine x1
    :Water Mill: :Advanced Machine: :Water Mill:
    :Empty Cell: :Extractor:
    :Water Mill: :Generator: :Water Mill:
    I actually haven't given the turbine recipe much thought because most of the cost happens before you even need to place it.

If this doesn't make it into IC2, I would love to see it as an add-on. If I ever get around to learning java I may attempt it. For now I am content with making this suggestion and reading some feedback.

EDIT: Yes. I realize this is a denied suggestion, but I believe my suggestion is fundamentally different from the one that relied solely on the turbine. That suggestion makes it easy to place a single block and some water and let it run. This suggestion requires some effort to setup and could actually look appealing.
    EDIT2: spelling

Check out the Additional Pipes add-on for BC.

Use an Advanced Insertion Pipe on the Macerator. Then loop it back to the chest or itself. I use this on a chain of Macerators so it will process several types of ore at a time.

"Advanced Insertion Pipe
    When this pipe is connected to a chest it (and the chest can accept items) the item will be shot into the chest faster then light. It does this to prevent items from popping out when 2 items try to fill a chests 1 open slot."

Also check out the Recyclonator. It can work with all kinds of machines besides Recyclers.