Macerator Processing Time

• New to IC2 and Minecraft in general so if I'm asking stupid questions or if this is in the wrong place I apologize but, I started a new 1.0.0 world, got settled, etc. and I got a shiny new generator with a macerator attached. I was trying to automate it using BuildCraft pipes and engines(I'm using IC2 through technic) but I ran into a problem. When more than one ore is present in the input chest, the second type of ore will not enter the macerator because the macerator takes longer to process the ore than it takes for the ore to be transported through the pipe. For instance, if there is one tin ore and one copper ore in the input chest and the pipes start pumping, it sucks out the tin and places it into the macerator, the macerator starts processing but it does not finish before the one copper ore reaches it so the ore pops out the top. I think redpower has timers that can pulse the redstone current so it will only pump out a new ore after the previous ore is processed so does anyone know how long the macerator takes to process an ore? Or, alternatively, does anyone else have a better idea to automate the macerator so I don't have to stand there and do it all manually? Thanks.

• New to IC2 and Minecraft in general so if I'm asking stupid questions or if this is in the wrong place I apologize but, I started a new 1.0.0 world, got settled, etc. and I got a shiny new generator with a macerator attached. I was trying to automate it using BuildCraft pipes and engines(I'm using IC2 through technic) but I ran into a problem. When more than one ore is present in the input chest, the second type of ore will not enter the macerator because the macerator takes longer to process the ore than it takes for the ore to be transported through the pipe. For instance, if there is one tin ore and one copper ore in the input chest and the pipes start pumping, it sucks out the tin and places it into the macerator, the macerator starts processing but it does not finish before the one copper ore reaches it so the ore pops out the top. I think redpower has timers that can pulse the redstone current so it will only pump out a new ore after the previous ore is processed so does anyone know how long the macerator takes to process an ore? Or, alternatively, does anyone else have a better idea to automate the macerator so I don't have to stand there and do it all manually? Thanks.

stopwatch? and redpower helps with that. i wouldnt use tecnic mod pack :cursing: .

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• stopwatch? and redpower helps with that. i wouldnt use tecnic mod pack :cursing: .

Yeah I just slogged through the Technic thread on page 2 and honestly I just never knew about any kind of controversy(again, I'm still new to Minecraft. only had it for a month or so). I only discovered Technic because I was looking into BC because of a suggestion from a buddy of mine. I'll probably go through all the mods I actually installed(didn't use all of the pack) and go check the threads to see if they have an adfly link I can click to give them their due but I doubt I'll stop using it. It's a convenience thing for me. I'll make sure I check threads for adfly links whenever I update and I do intend to donate to alot of the modders but with the minimal time I have for the game to begin with(wife and 4 kids = no spare time. i actually only play on my laptop during my lunch hour), I'd rather save myself the headache.

Anyways, I could stopwatch it but I can't play for a few days and I was hoping to have the data so I can crunch some numbers and diagram a plan until I can play again.

• Official Post

Process time for complex operations (Macerator, Extractor, Compressor) was 300 ticks with 2 EUt consumption each.
    However, due to introduction of overclockers the value got increased. Not 100% sure, should be 400 ticks now, though. equals 20 seconds.

• Check out the Additional Pipes add-on for BC.

Use an Advanced Insertion Pipe on the Macerator. Then loop it back to the chest or itself. I use this on a chain of Macerators so it will process several types of ore at a time.

"Advanced Insertion Pipe
    When this pipe is connected to a chest it (and the chest can accept items) the item will be shot into the chest faster then light. It does this to prevent items from popping out when 2 items try to fill a chests 1 open slot."

Also check out the Recyclonator. It can work with all kinds of machines besides Recyclers.