Posts by Heiselberg

Someone added a alternate recipe to the OV scanner a few days ago. Not only does this recipe not work, but I think that someone messed up the original recipe as well.

The original recipe uses insulated copper cable and not 2x insulated gold cable:
    :Rubber Trampoline::Gold Dust:
    :Gold Dust::Advanced Circuit::Gold Dust:
    :Cable::OD Scanner::Cable:
    (ignore the rubber trampoline :D )

I don't have an account, and I doubt that I have the skills to correct this one.

Would someone be so kind to correct this?

Obs: We're playing IC² v1.95b. If this is the problem, and the recipes are correct for any updated version, I apologize.

The server I play on recently got updated to Minecraft 1.25 with IC² and RailCraft. Since then I've noticed a decrease in stats of some of my Agriculture plants. Slowly but decreasing for sure.

It happened several times among the plants which I use to boost GGR stats. I keep a record of the stats for every plant on a sign right behind it.

Is this a new feature, an old one (which then I haven't noticed before today) or is it a bug?

If it's a feature, I'm afraid my days as a gardener is over. My goal was to create some 20-25 GGR plants, and then make a nice little area, where I could collect the loot when needed.
    If the stats are randomly decreasing over time, I see no point in this as it would take too much time to keep them going.

I've had a similar problem. Sometimes it's like there's a client-side error. E.g. I can plant a seedbag, but I can't interact with it. If I click on the same empty hotbar slot, the seedbag reappears in my inventory. A reconnect will make the planted seeds dissappear again.

So far it has only happened with Venomilia and Cocoa beans.

Find a huge solid mountain in the nether (it may take a few tries), and put a single nuke deep inside. This gave me a what seemed like a 100% sphere. Fun in survival, not so much with world editing tools.

Hi

I have this setup of 10x10 solar panels + 8x8 solar panels, all hooked up to some transformers using ultra-low current cables. The very first test with the EU Reader said 100 EU/t and 64 EU/t. Just like it was supposed to be.
    But if I sleep or do a re-login, the EU Reader suddenly comes up with a much lower value.

The output of the 10x10 (100) is shown as 83 EU/t.
    The output of the 8x8 (64) is shown as 45 EU/t.
    Before they both had an output equal to the total number of solar panels.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Is it intended or not?

Direct Sunlight = light level 15 :P

But yeah, basically they need to see the sky and it should not be raining. They obviously don't work at night. Based on the mods you use there are other ways of producing energy in caves.

I'm using IC2, Buildcraft and Railcraft (all SMP). I might use them as tiles in a modern castle-like building - I don't know.

I'm going to make a new base in SMP. I got plenty of everything after a month gathering ressources, crafting solar cells and vice versa.
    I'm thinking about building a casual home on the surface and then have a big underground base with all machines, farms, some nice redstone contraptions etc.

My problem is that most of my power source is from solar panels, and they aren't quite easy to hide from surface view.

I was thinking I could cover them up with non-opaque blocks (like torches, glass and reinf. glass to mention a few), but that doesn't work very well.

I guess the solar panels work this way; they need to be in direct sunlight with light level 15. Am I right?

If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to comment below.

The terraformer doesn't change the actual biome, does it?

I'm asking because I want to move my base (on SMP) to a desert, where there's no rain, but I like building in the forrest areas.

So can I terraform a desert, and still keep the no-rain feature? It would be pretty neat.

Thats why they should only accept ~5 eus of storage from wires, and up to the standard 10k from batteries. That way, cut the wire, they die in one second, but a battery will keep em running for a while.

I'd like that very much. Maybe they should only run on SU-batteries in your scenario? This would give an actual purpose to them (at least for me).

It seems like people agree on the whole storage thing, so I hope they'll include this in a future update.

First of all, I'm pretty psyched about the luminators. It takes building to a whole new level, if you really want to be a pro and use hidden wiring, redstone etc. Awesome!

But I really hate the fact that they have internal storage. This makes it very difficult to use them as lamps with either automatic on/off system (see pic) or manual on/off via a lever.

This is the way I want them to work:

Which, well, they already do. At night at least. They will still be powered at sunrise (even though they wont receive any power; solar panel works as a day/night detector).

It just doesn't make any sense to me that they have internal storage. It may be more practical if you just want them to light up your house all the time, but then you might as well use a torch.

Oh, and they aren't included in the overview at the bottom of the IC2 wiki pages. I might add them myself later (under 'Uncatagorized' i guess), but if someone already have a wiki account and knows what they're doing, please go ahead, so I don't mess anything up ;)

Edit: It seems like I'm not allowed to edit the wiki navigation bar and thank god for that. I just saw the code. Also fixed the picture.

Are you saying you have identical config files on server and client, and you get not just two outputs but two different outputs? If so then it's not the same thing I saw; I always got two copies of the same number until I changed one of the config files.

Yes, exactly. It's not my server, so I don't have access to the server config file, but I'm pretty sure they are the same. I mean, why would they be different?

I believe I've found the answer, in multiplayer anyway (I've never used a scanner in single-player so can't comment on its behaviour). One of the messages comes from the client and the other comes from the server. I confirmed this by changing valuableOres in the configuration file only on the client; this causes the numbers in the two outputs for a single usage of the scanner to differ, whereas they are normally the same.

So if the server .cfg-file is the same as the client file, the outputs should be the same? I'm pretty sure that the server's config file is the same as mine, but I still get two outputs.

Thanks for the anser though. I think we're close to the solution :)

Modifying the valuable ores line /will/ change which materials your miner grabs! The miner will /only/ grab blocks directly beneath it, any in the valuable ores list within it's reach, and blocks required to reach the noted blocks.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure my miner took everything even after i removed everything but iron and diamonds in the valuable ores line.

As for the experiment, It may take a couple of days before I can test it. I'm pretty busy with UU-matter production (on SMP) right now which has my full attention :) And with new years eve just around the corner, I don't have much time on my hands.

Thanks for the answer. I'll get back to you with the experiment if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I've been searching for an answer for a while now, but I can't find anything on the subject. The wiki says nothing about it either.

Why are there two outputs (ore density number), when you scan using OD/OV scanners? Maybe I'm just an idiot. My first thought was that the first number is the output scan from the level your head is, and the second output is from the legs and down. But a quick test showed me that that wasn't it.

Also;

I've customized the ValuableOres= code in the IC2 config-file, so it only shows iron and diamond. This only affects the OV scanner, right? The OD scanner will still show output for all ores. I just need confirmation.