Posts by 7Roses

Like being able to use the compressor in a custom recipe. So I could compress something from another mod for example :)

well that is quite possible already without changing the ic2 base files
    just instal your mcp with the ic2 and creat a line in your own mod_... file which use something like TileEntityCompressor.addRecipe(...);
    and voila you have just added something to the compressor's compressing list.

:/ but exaclty like the custom recipe mod, nop not made yet, but it's possible to create

Name: CustomNuclearItems
    Summary: some modifications that let's modders add there custom items without changing the nuclear reactor itself.

Description:

ever want to make an custom item for your reactor, but never wanted to change the ic2's nuclear reactor itself?
    well now it's possible with the changes this addon creates you can make custom items just by implementing some interfaces into you code :)
    isn't that easy?

or if you want to use some of the items then this changes let you use those items found in the next post

no pic's because I only change code and didn't add some custom items to the game (yet, after balancing maybe)

Download:
    mediafire - CustomNuclearItems v1.1.0 for IC2 1.23 users_version
    CutomNuclearItems1.1.0.zip <- forum download link

for anyone who want to mod it => api (extract in you mcp directory)

Installation:
    drag and drop into you industrialcraft jar (needed because it changes some of the industrialcraft base files :/)

Version history:

• v1.0 initial release
    • v1.1 fixed some errors with the heatdispenser
    • added optional download for an example item
    • fixed some heat dispenser bugs
    • 1.1.0: upgraded to IC² 1.23

Credits:
    Code 7Roses
    also thanks to Drashian for looking into the code for possible errors

todo:
    - a way of adding custom blocks and there cooling value to outside cooling (so not interacting heat with them)
    - a way of exchanging heat with blocks who could accept/send heat.
    - other suggestions are always welcome

ps.: it's my first mod for mc so please don't attack me if it doesn't work correct directly.

your sure this is a good design? it produces more than the 32 heat you say
    the middle uranium rod produces (5 pulses * 10 to Hull) = 50 heat alone
    then your depleted isotope cells also produces some heat
    the outward cooling is 20water+1reactor+2*6chamber = 34 cooling

so the result is for me 50-34 = 16 heat to hull ever tick (edit: haven't counted the depleted isotope heat)

so is it safe to use this self heating breeder ??