Posts by Deuxtan

Well, I'm a little late to tell you this, but this is probably the best tekkit texturepacks that I've come across. And believe me, I've been through almost all of them, when I was looking for inspiration.
    Sure, there are some things that I just can't agree with, like the amount of noise in the terrain textures. Single blocks can have a lot of details, but highly repetitive blocks need to be low-contrast in my opinion.
    But still, it fits the style and the machine blocks look so fantastic, that I am really tempted to imitate parts of the design. (no worries though)

+1 for crazy attention to detail
    +1 for handcrafted pixel art

Making it pay to play was a good decision afterall, even if I was pretty much against it at first.
    In combination with IndustrialCraft and technical mods it does keep out the griefers and attracts more intelligent and dedicated players.

I also absolutley love it how many players are spending a lot of effort to improve the gaming experience.

Especially certain players have big plans for next week that are going to be completely mind-blowing.
    I really have to struggle with myself not to spoil everything right away from the excitement, but I'll keep my mouth shut.

Sounds like the mill from Better than wolves. 6x the bread is pretty overpowered though, don't you think? Maybe if the process was more complicated like adding water to make some dough first.

1x water bucket : 2x flour = 1x dough

Then bake it in the furnace to make some bread.

That would make the equation atleast a little more balanced.

hmm. Pritty nice idea. It reminds me abit my tool box like placeable thingy ;D Thumbs up but i dont like how you can spaw all hotbar. Im still sticking to my tool box placeable thing wich has no gui and can store 1 or a abit more items

There's a link to your thread in the first sentence I wrote, explaining that this idea originally stems from your suggestion ;D
    Maybe it's even worth suggesting a whole product family?

Toolshed > 1 tool, no GUI, wooden recipe
    Equipmatron > Entire hotbar, GUI, machine block recipe
    Cargotron > Whole inventory (no hotbar), GUI, advanced machine block recipe

(yeah I'm not so good with naming things, do the machines that load and unload the containers on ships have a name?)

So, seeing how this thread here kinda got shot down by al,
    I want to suggest something I came up with inspired by the other idea, but with a different approach.

Inventory sorting is annoying.
    Less time spent moving items around = More time LAZRORING building epic spaceships.

Put this in your crafting table and the equip-matron makes sure
    you are always well-equipped for whatever task you're working on!

The front!

The back!

So what does it actually do?
    Right-click - opens a simple GUI with 9 slots. Put stuff in there.
    Left-clicking - will swap every item in your hotbar with the items stored.

Simple as that.

The aforementioned simple GUI!

What for?
    Leave the equip-matron near your various projects to be ready for any task with only one click.

Popular setups:
    The miner:

The DJ:

The spaceship engineer:

The hunter:

The reactor maintenance :

The expert griefer:

The agriculturist:

...and many more possible setups. Customize it to your own needs!

Still in development - The amazing cargo-tron
    Works the same way as the mk I, but it stores exaclty the amount of items you can carry (without the hotbar).
    Endless possibilities! Not OP at all!
    If so, replacing the redstone with UU should be fine!
    But it's totally not OP!

Exclusively made for the OutlandCraft server!

New highlights:
    RedPower Solar Panel

RedPower Grate

RedPower Batbox

build 30 [2012-12-30]
    New:
    - Relay
    - Buffer
    - Grate
    - Smooth stone
    - RedPower solar panel
    - Timer
    - Deployer
    - Block breaker
    - Frame motor
    - RP Battery box

Fixed:
    - Old cobblestone texture is gravel now
    - Pixel artifacts on pumpkin stem

Temporary borrowed from IndustrialRage pack:
    - Cobblestone
    - Mossy stone
    - Pumpkin

Guide to optional features

Changelog:

Credit
    Placeholder textures: Bladecraft and the industrial rage community pack
    Contributors: crazylady77, allbad

So, while I wait for the confirmation E-Mail on the outlandcraft.com forum, I'll use this post to put a lot of suggestions in writing before I forget them.
    This post will be constantly edited.

Plugins

Advanced Machines
    For obvious reasons

Additional Pipes
    Teleport Pipes!
    One of the possibilities could be: Renting multiple smaller living spaces (will explain that in a gameplay suggestion) to set machines up and link them together instead of needing a big habitat.

Chat Commands
    More functionality.

Colors
    Extinguish between different ranks of players.

iConomy
    Allows for a economy. A must have in my opinion.

Gameplay Mechanics

Community Missions / Main Missions / Side Missions
    Side Missions for personal wealth (Credits / temporary permissions / Materials) that can be done once by everyone.
    Main Missions that maybe push the storyline a little. They can only be done once by one player, so there will be a competition for the prize.
    Community quests that everyone can be part of. They will benefit ALL of the players whether they participated or not. Contrary to the Main Missions, they will strenghten team spirit and solidarity. Also the atmosphere can profit story-wise from those quests.

Example: The Station is short on Iron to build an advanced machine room. The players are asked to put iron ore into a protected obsidian pipe that sucks them into chests in the staff area. When the limit is reached, there will be a community announcement and they will gain the access to another public machine room.

NPC Shops / Trade Machines / Other Automated Shop Mechanics
    Rations - Food rations that are available for each player every ingame day. For extra food you will have to pay.

Economy
    Salary - Daily pay (ingame days) for being online. The amount of salary increases with the rank.
    Rent - Fixed cost for every living space. Will only be subtracted when the player is online. The daily pay of the lowest rank is just a little bit higher than the daily rent of the smallest living space.

Areas

(Can be the reward of the aforementioned community quests)

Greenroom
    Space that can be rented to plant food on the station

Airlock to Io
    A tunnel with a piston airlock that you have to pass through to access Io, a world rich with ores, limited to higher ranks, that have proven themselves to be experienced miners.

Cantine
    Where you can get your daily ration and purchase more food.

Trading Area
    An area with an array of protected rooms. Each room is divided with glass panels into two party for each ot the players. Each part of the room has a slot to put items into and a pressure plate. Only when both of the players stand on the pressure plate the items will move to the different part of the room by a water flow or pistons, ensuring a safe trade. (Can be easily realized with RP2's AND-Function.

The Market
    If iConomy is added that would be the area to rent some space for chest shops.

There's a lot more to come. The story setup creates a lot of possibilities to create a roleplaying atmosphere, different from most of the minecraft server.