Posts by Deuxtan

It would really be strange to jump around on UUM.
    How about having to can the UUM first before you can compress them into a block?

That would result in a different texture than the purple undefinable mass.

(OMG wasting tin OMG)

New update!
    Very RedPower heavvy this time, since the server's kinda been drifting to that direction with all the frame and forth stuff going on.
    When that's done the next textures will be the IC machines.

build 22 [2012-07-21]
    Contribution by crazylady77:
    - CC Floppy Disk Drive
    - CC Floppy Disk
    - Custom font based on pure bd-craft 128 bit font

New:
    - UU Matter
    - Chests (no flickering)
    - Blue alloy wire
    - flax seeds
    - RP Rubber sapling

Fixes:
    - Changed pen into mechanical pen on project table
    - fixed con-am art
    - Changed indigo flower

The wood I'm okay with for now. I completely agree with the ores though. It's a real pain to make them flush, realistic and repeating in a nice pattern.
    For the sake of getting the pack done I've settled with committing and refining them later. Well, unless something proves to be a real eyesore.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Really, they're completely random?
    Agriculture isn't that complicated after all then. Only three rules that I've found really matter.

1. The tier of your crossbreed is limited by the sum of their parents' tier +1.

2. Crossbreeding is completely random. You can get anything if it's in the tier range.

3. A plant can only successfully be crossbred if the conditions are right.

Going to stick with random Stickreed breeding for the hops then, since mine have a growth stat of 18 and will save me some time and their tier is enough to get anything.

Is that all correct?

Very sorry for not updating for a long time. Life's been really demanding lately, but this pack will get finished sooner or later.

Checked the rights on some texturepacks and bladecraft remixes seem to be allowed, and the industrial rage is as far as I've learned community-built.
    So I'll just go ahead and post the texturepack with placeholders now. If I can find nice RedPower placeholder textures, they're going into the pack right away.

The entire screenshots gallery can now be found here to lessen the workload:
    Screenshots

Some of the new additions:
    Iron fence

iTNT, Nuke

Mossy cobble

Reinforced stone

Reinforced door

Fluid pipes

With noise I'm basically referring to the high constrast. All of your stone texture for example are pretty smooth.
    Their colour palette has a small range of brightness. While the grass (side) block has very dark and bright colours right next to each other.

Especially at the distant horizon single high contrast pixels can get hard on the eyes.
    (Except you're using Optifine with max mipmap configuration, but I don't think many people even know about that feature)

What you could do is to simply match the colours of the grass (top) and dirt a bit more and get rid of the bright pixels on the grass (side).
    Hope that helps.

Sounds like a cool thing to add, but with this kind of approach I'd expect very little gain in energy, which means you'd have to build a massive farm just to come close to the output of, let's say a geothermal generator.
    Detecting all the mobs footsteps, I don't know. Could that cause some lagging issues?

Anyway, cool idea, but I'm not sure about the gameplay value.

Quote from passinglurker

EDIT: how to safely exit the boat is currently up in the air please post your thoughts

What about shift clicking on a block to teleport Steve on that block? Otherwise Sebras jumping out of the boat seems kinda cool. The nether is a place of risk and danger afterall.

The coolant cell idea is pretty cool too, though their unstackability will be freaking annoying. I usually avoid any contact with those items except there's really no way around them.

Actually just thought of something that might be much easier to implement. (not too familiar with MC mechanics, so I'm not sure)

Carrier:
    - Higher food consumption (stackable effect)
    - Higher fall damage (also stackable effect)
    - Disable sprinting
    - Disable jumping (or the "sticky resin sheet effect")

Exolegs:
    - Cancels negative effects of the carrier ONLY when both items are equipped (that also means the effect of only one carrier is canceled out)
    - Fall damage protection bonus when wearing only the exolegs
    - Normal food consumption while sprinting

Ok, I don't see this idea being implemented anywhere in the future, but it's sill fun to cook some ideas up. Maybe inspire something else.

How about this:

- The carrier will give a minus to your walking speed even if it's in your inventory
    - The exolegs don't give a walking speed bonus, it will only remove the carriers effect IF both of them are equipped

Remember, the whole purpose of that mechanism is to make things more difficult and realistic.

So if for example the normal walking speed was 1 and crouching is 0.5, each carrier you have on you would give you a multiplier of 0.5 on your speed.
    (would be awesome too, if the amount of slowing was proportional to the amount of items stored in the carrier)

Walking speed comparison:

0.25 = with 2 carriers
    0.5 = with 1 carrier / crouching speed
    1.0 = normal walking speed / exolegs + carrier
    1.5 = with quantum legs
    2.0 = sprinting
    2.5 = sprinting with quantum legs

Funny side effect: you can stun a guy by throwing several carriers at him.

Damn okay. The walking over blocks thing was a configurable number in single player commands, so I hoped it would be easy as that. Same goes for the walking speed. Minecraft doesn't make a thing easy huh?

By the way, with expanded inventory I meant putting the carrier into the hotbar and right-clicking. Is that a pain to code as well?

In any case, thanks for taking your time.

Just a minor thing about the textures, but I don't know where else to put this.

The barrel draws its texture right now from the rubber tree. Is that intentional or temporary?
    Since we now have a lot of space in block_0.png thanks to slowpoke and player, could we have
    a seperate sprite for an untapped barrel?

If something like this gets possible it would be pretty awesome:

That is certainly a big motivation to upload stuff.
    I've been unable to do much lately due to a lot of stuff going on RL, but I'll try to get as much done as possible soon.

So some more screenshot stuff, before I finish the whole block_0.png spritesheet

They are intended to be used in combination with the carrier, so you wont be slowed down to crouching speed. They're only giving a little speed boost to be realistic.
    The best part about the exolegs would be the ability to walk over full blocks without jumping.

But still, their true purpose is to cancel out the carriers' negative effects and increase the cost of more inventory space, since you will have to wear them instead of the
    quantum legs if you want to have more inventory.

I should probably make that more clear in the first post.

Two suggestions in this thread, because they're kind of dependent on each other.

The exolegs!

They instantly recognize your movements and enhances them through water pressure.

Practical!
    - You'll be a bit faster on your feet (not much, but noticable)
    - Less fall damage (just a little bit)
    - Enables you to walk over full blocks like half-slabs (never jump up the stairs from your mine again you lazy bastard without stairs)
    - But their real purpose is to cancel out the negative effects of the carrier!

Fashionable!
    Accentuates Steves beautiful calves and absolutely necessary to pull of the latest electonic gear style with consists of the solar helm, carrier, exolegs and static boots. (also neccessary to keep the them charged)

Recipe!

----

The Carrier!

Worn alone it expands your inventory space, but slows you down to crouching speed, due to the extra weight.
    But on closer look you will notice that it's made for distributing the weight to the exolegs.

Practical!
    - More inventory space
    - Normal walking speed if(!) you're wearing them in combination with the exolegs
    - Still fall damage protection from the exolegs
    - But not the ability to walk over full blocks anymore

Economic!
    Wear the full electronic gear set and the power you generate will almost be enough to sustain the usage.

Recipe!

PS: Relatively new to the forum, but I've searched for speed boosts, backpacks and expanded inventories and found nothing similar.