Posts by BrickVoid

What do you mean "around the corner"? Forge for 1.9 has been out since March 18th, and according to https://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.9.html there are already 97 mods released for 1.9.

I said that because there has been a distinct lack of official announcements yet regarding 1.9 therefore I was simply considering the possibility that a lot of modders might stay on 1.8 instead of 1.9 instead of assuming they'd all magically jump over to 1.9 and make the mistake of writing incorrect information in my post.

Until 1.9 is official and they're actually and really releasing for 1.9 and there's official announcements regarding it, my post will be written as above. It's the proverbial pinch of salt I throw in just in case.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I really think you should've left options open to leave the EU system in, but allow people to use RF in IC2 machines via the use of an energy conversion upgrade, as per usual IC2 builds, where having to use higher power in lower machines required you to insert an upgrade card for it to work. It just isn't IC2 if I haven't got to build a complex IC2 power system.

You might also want to consider splitting off the whole EU power system, and instead of abandoning it, do a complete rewrite on it so that it can distribute power to other mods. IC2's power system was always difficult to understand, which, curiously, was one of the few things I liked about the mod's power system. It actually made you think how to get power from Generator A to a second tier machine B whilst making enough of it to actually get to a second tier machine with better generation capabilities than Generator A. I had always thought this should have been a logical progression, I'm actually amazed you didn't take the concept further.

Lastly, but not least, do please consider that 1.9 may be around the corner for modded Minecraft so instead of just having to do 1.8.9 coding, you'll have to do some additional coding for 1.9 as some modders did say they were skipping 1.8 and going to 1.9! It'd be nice to see IC2 in the currently released version of Minecraft! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I'm playing the 3rd party modpack Infitech 2 by Jason McRay, from FTB launcher, and certain recipes stop working as intended.

For instance, first time this happened was after a few hours of gameplay, and all kinds of planks stopped making 2 sticks, they wouldn't make any for me!

Then I had trouble tracking down the recipe for Red Alloy Ingot, the Gregtech version, but I can only find the one for the Bluepower ingot, which fortunately made the Gregtech version anyway!

Most recent, today, (I'm in Australia FWIW) I had a problem crafting a RE-battery! Guess why? Because the recipe for the dust that makes the ingot wouldn't show up until after a restart of the modpack. I had a very hard time finding antimony dust plus 4 copper finally makes this recipe, but I found it, after googling for the answer.

The thing about the latter two recipes is that even if the correct ingot is referred to, they will not show up their relevant dust recipe in NEI, and I don't know why this happens. They only seem to show up under certain peculiar circumstances, as if I actually have to go and find the actual ingredient that makes whatever I'm after, before it will actually display the recipe to me!

Does anyone here know of any similar issues with the Infitech 2 modpack, or other modpacks that have Gregtech, IC2, and of course, NEI, other than the one listed below for the IC2 bug tracker?

http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1632

it is irritating to say the least, I would like to further my progress in Gregtech, but with the recipes constantly hiding from me due to this bug which has an awkward workaround, i would like to know if Greg or anyone has a better solution to this problem than manually adding a heap of Minetweaker entries as a workaround!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid