Posts by Decrayer

Mining by hand?

For me, mining is about values/time, not (values/volume)/overhead. So try to beat 3 Combustion-Engine powered Quarries by hand and you will loose. Mostly because you have to deliver the stuff somehow somewhere and that takes time.

But actually for me there are 4 techlevels of mining:

1. Mining by hand. (usually strip-mining for Diamonds
    2. Mining by hand with Turtle support. Usually my Turtles dig long tunnels from the main shaft, come back, move three blocks to the side an wait for me to empty them and start the process again. They also put down torches so I can easily inspect the tunnels.
    3. Quarry Mining. Usually in combination with an fully automated ore-processing factory. Fuel comes from a Bio-Fuel factory. Actually this is the stage I'm usually staying.
    4. RedPower Frame Mining. On my server I once had a guy who used a full automatic solar driven RP2-frame with BC Mining Wells. He just cut the world in half and made so many ressources he was selling his dirt to other players who only specialized in recycling that stuff. It was a giant monster machine and im not shure If I will ever build such a thing by myself since it makes the world a lot uglier.

I have almost the same error, just that I have a normal id-conflict with another mod. How do I actually change the IC2 block id`s? Ive found the file .minecraft/config/IC2.cfg and there is a block{} section, but how do I know how the blocks are called actually? I see some of them in the Technic-Pack version config file of IC2, but Im not sure If that are all since I now work with my own mods and try to make them run together, so I use another version of IC2 than Technic.

Hello,

first of all I want to say THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME MOD! I hope you enjoy my little donation yesterday ;)

Now here comes my suggestion:

When I build a reactor and I surround it with Reinfored Stone there is no risk anymore when I overheat my reactor and it explodes. The only thing I loose is the reactor itself (ok, its quite expensive but once a proper industry is setup its quite easy to produce a new one). So my suggestion is, you make a reactor accident a little bit more annoying (but in a funny way):

When a reactor overheats (and currently explodes), instead of overheating let him smelt. Replace the reactor blocks with a sort of radiation slime source block that behaves like lava but is green. In the enviroment of the radiation slime every living creature gets damage (except slimes). Also in the enviroment of the radiation let slimes spawn.

So players really have to clear up the mess they caused ;)

Another further going idea would be, to collect the slime and build "dirty bombs" which exlode like an A-Bomb but spawn a lot of very big slimes as well ;)

I would be very happy if you take my idea into consideration or answer me why you dont like it.

with best regards,
    Decrayer