Does anything beat mining by hand?

• Official Post

We must get ICBM into Tekkit!

Tekkit is old and outdated, go make your own modpack like a Civilised person.

• Offtopic: Redpower is a one giant monolithic mod unlike IC2 or BC that have so many addons, or UE that cannot function without addons at all. For ICBM, its already inside the technic launcher, inside the Voltz pack. I think it will be better if FTB UE pack have the same item id with the Voltz pack...

Ontopic: Well, usually my mining route is iron pickaxe, and when I hit my first diamond, diamond drill, then a turtle, then a quarry, then a frame quarry with tunnel bore. And I miss that EE2 divining rod, which is much better for diamond finding compared to IC2 scanners... although maybe TC3 pickaxe can replace that, maybe

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Well, I just want to point out that as far as I know, arcane bores don't actually need vis. I've had one running next to an empty node with only a water crystal cluster just fine. At least I don't notice any speed difference. The only problem I have is that the repair enchant doesn't really work, and I have to manually bring it somewhere else for repair. Besides that, if I were to simply replace the pick/wand, I don't actually need any vis.

Might also be a misobservation on my part, I'd be happy if someone can confirm this.

• Official Post

Antimatter goes THROUGH Bedrock. It just doesnt remove it.

In other words, antimatter delete any block in its "explosion" range except bedrock.

Arcane bore seems to drain vis from various nodes nearby, not only the nearest.
    If you really wanna test if it works without vis, try setting one in the end.

• I've been meaning to test but has anyone discovered if antimatter workes on the ender dragon?

• Mining by hand?

For me, mining is about values/time, not (values/volume)/overhead. So try to beat 3 Combustion-Engine powered Quarries by hand and you will loose. Mostly because you have to deliver the stuff somehow somewhere and that takes time.

But actually for me there are 4 techlevels of mining:

1. Mining by hand. (usually strip-mining for Diamonds
    2. Mining by hand with Turtle support. Usually my Turtles dig long tunnels from the main shaft, come back, move three blocks to the side an wait for me to empty them and start the process again. They also put down torches so I can easily inspect the tunnels.
    3. Quarry Mining. Usually in combination with an fully automated ore-processing factory. Fuel comes from a Bio-Fuel factory. Actually this is the stage I'm usually staying.
    4. RedPower Frame Mining. On my server I once had a guy who used a full automatic solar driven RP2-frame with BC Mining Wells. He just cut the world in half and made so many ressources he was selling his dirt to other players who only specialized in recycling that stuff. It was a giant monster machine and im not shure If I will ever build such a thing by myself since it makes the world a lot uglier.

• Official Post

4. RedPower Frame Mining. On my server I once had a guy who used a full automatic solar driven RP2-frame with BC Mining Wells. He just cut the world in half and made so many ressources he was selling his dirt to other players who only specialized in recycling that stuff. It was a giant monster machine and im not shure If I will ever build such a thing by myself since it makes the world a lot uglier.

Main reason i dislike "quarry mining" in general, also another reason to have mystcraft mining/quarry world.

• on the subject of mystcraft, Why do people still complain about EE being broken when you can now make a world full of diamonds in mystcraft? i do know that mystcraft does get some hate for being broken, but not as much as EE1/2

• I have to say that the new mystcraft is horribly unbalanced. Diamond ore ages have way too little instability, it's feasible to mine in them without getting mauled by twenty potion effects, like dense ores ages do.

On topic: Frame quarries are so OP. They require no diamonds, and a large one can mine hundreds of blocks every second.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I have to say that the new mystcraft is horribly unbalanced. Diamond ore ages have way too little instability, it's feasible to mine in them without getting mauled by twenty potion effects, like dense ores ages do.

On topic: Frame quarries are so OP. They require no diamonds, and a large one can mine hundreds of blocks every second.

not to mention, you can turn off any stability you want, if not all

• Mystcraft has always been horribly unbalanced, and I have the stacks of diamond blocks to prove it. the devs responded that frames and turtles are also overpowered, so its OK.

• Official Post

Although with mystcraft, it requires a fair bit of Emeralds to get all the symbols you want, but by the time you have enough for Diamond ore symbol and Tendrils or something to go along with it, you would already have 50 Billion EE2 Redmatter

I really think Xcompwiz did a good job but needs to Go full out Gregfirmacraft balance style and add insanely harsh Instability.
    Heck, Diamond symbol itself should cause Huge nuclear explosions everywhere spreading fire and Super fast Regeneration ghasts everywhere.
    Even then it would need some balance.....

• Emeralds are... kinda funky, its one of those things where you either start making dedicated chests full of storage blocks or struggle to get any at all. With the right setup an inventory full of wheat turns into an inventory full of symbols pretty easy though.

• Official Post

Do you want to make Mystcraft even more OP by making Ghast Tears Free?

Regeneration 5 Ghasts?
    That shoot more nukes?
    And random pools of Acid fall from the sky that Completely Destroy your armour?
    OOH OOH IK
    It should delete your world 5 seconds after you created it, just to be trolly.

• Although with mystcraft, it requires a fair bit of Emeralds to get all the symbols you want, but by the time you have enough for Diamond ore symbol and Tendrils or something to go along with it, you would already have 50 Billion EE2 Redmatter

I really think Xcompwiz did a good job but needs to Go full out Gregfirmacraft balance style and add insanely harsh Instability.
    Heck, Diamond symbol itself should cause Huge nuclear explosions everywhere spreading fire and Super fast Regeneration ghasts everywhere.
    Even then it would need some balance.....

please no random nukes, my, crap, computer is struggeling as is. (and thats with optifine)