Posts by FourFire

Well I am currently thinking up a 50 EU/t Mark I reactor which will have an efficiency of 2.5
    and yes they type of reactor you use does depend on how you are going to use it.
    BTW I actually think that your reactor design was better than my revision of it :) (my design actually melts the single coolant cell next to the plating)
    in my world over the course of approx 5 days playing time I have found more than a stack of uranium ore (when i currently have the amount of resources to produce
    1 1/2 full sized reactors) so I deem it (for myself at least) a waste of time to breed uranium. In addition I see no reason to have a higher efficiency than 3 as i just cant be bothered with less than 1/10th cycles.

Edit: I may be unable to regularly update my own designs so feel free to use/improve on them

I think what people forget is that nuclear power isnt exactly rocket science. You pile a bunch of uranium, pour water over it and voila! The thing that makes it so complicated is making it 99.999999% safe. Thus the material costs for the reactor itself are probably correct as they are, potentially cooling components and other safety equipment could be made more expensive to make it harder to run a safe reactor.

and then your 70% safe reactor just Happens to blow up FOUR ENTIRE chunks and your chest room NTM the reactor itself and wiring/power storage devices

you could disconnect your external heat from your internal heat. Avoid using HDs and just use plating to disperse heat within your reactor, that way any heat you add to the reactor via lava is independent of your reactors operations.

I really try to avoid using plates as they provide 0.1 cooling per tick and that is Really a pain when making an equal breeder but you do provide sense in your reasoning
    as I am now discovering saturating the cooling elements requires absurd amounts of lava buckets however with the new pump (hopefully to be fixed some time soon)
    bucket filling in the nether should not be a problem.
    also I am going with high heat breeding because if you have 1 uranium core and 1 isotope breeding a 0 heat i will use 8 cores for every single isotope enriched.1/8
    using two isotopes with 1 core will result in a 1/4 winback at 3000 heat it will be 1/2 or 50% at 6000 heat you will simply be wasting your time in crafting depleted cores
    and at 9000 heat you will double your uranium yeild. so truly this is a starter breeder for the time with not as many resources for multiple reactors I have a dual core breeder (which I suspect is not up to par math wise) but testing will show

Yes all of the cooling bugs are now fixed i will be revising my designs and so on feel free to do the same :)
    Actually all of my designs (except for the first one) were supposed to work as specified in the 1.00 mechanics it seems however that I have failed at math a couple of times I now know that the "class II 60 EU/t is in fact at least a class III. Dont worry though I will be correcting the designs

And yes that would even out the heat perfectly but you must also consider two things:
    1. Never use water blocks to cool breeders (unless you dont want uranium efficiency) as they will evaporate at 35% reactor heat capacity
    2. you have to leave at least one space in the reactor for heat regulation.

good work though, keep at it

I actually prefer withdrawing pipes, then digging 1 block down next to the miner, put 2 cobble into the big hole and then move the miner as usual :P

I prefer to do things properly XD but that's just my preference

And BTW I LOVE cobblestone! it is just so useful for everything I Hesitate in recycling it even i rather use sticks as 1 wood essentially = 1 scrap

Personally I think that this is a feature which forces you to consider your coal use: you have a choice use coal as a cheap energy resource or save it for other things
    and as to diamonds... I have an automated reeds farm with pistons which provides >32 reeds every ~ 3 minutes Not to mention the really easy to set up massive cactus farm
    Case closed. it would eventually be immensely imbalanced to grow diamonds

Well, you can estimate an approximate level by looking at the bar. 6000 heat means 40% durability cooling elements, which is slightly below half durability. I mean, it's imprecise, but +/- 500 heat doesn't really matter when you're aiming for 6000/10000 heat.

Also, to make sure you get the 40% right, you can simply take a tool with a known amount of uses (like a drill with 150 uses) and use up exactly 60% of its energy reserve. For a drill, that would be 90 uses. The remaining bar is what you should compare the state of your cooling elements to.

Dont estimate > Simulate!
    Know , dont guess :
    you always start with heat=0
    if you make a reactor where all the cooling elements are connected by DC's
    then external cooling + internal cooling - heat produced = the correct number and if it equals 0 then you have a perfect breeder.
    (as long as the reactor contains a depleted isotope ofc)
    next all you have to do is (manually) adjust the heat (which will remain stable) with lava and water and this is why I always have atleast 1 open slot in all my breeders.

also is the heat/efficiency limit still at 9000?
    I think we should have an alternate efficiency classification system for breeders as no well designed breeder reactor should have more than E for energy generation
    I have come up with two systems
    1: we measure it in uranium bars used per depleted isotope enriched;
    at default with 0 heat 1 bar and 1 isotope it is 1/8 * a 1 bar 2 isotope is 1/4 and a 2 bar 1 isotope is 1/8 because it takes half the time but uses twice the bars.
    as we now know for each 3000 heat the speed of breeding doubles so example #2 would be 1/2 at 3000 heat this means that the guide stating:
    "8tuple your urainium yeild" is only true under certain conditions if you use #1 you are simply wasting time at #2 you are doubling your yeild #4 would quadruple your yeild and my optimum design breeder (the one with the bucket in it) would give 16-2=14 times the normal yeild (2 are used in the process). think this through and correct me if I am wrong :)

I also sense an imminent rage/spam/generalnoise on the minecraft forums tomorrow (depending on your timezone ofc)
    including great stress on modders as the engine (i have heard) has been changed significantly

good luck with that XD

I am sure that Al has added more items to come from scrap boxes
    I have noticed however that Industrial diamonds does not seem to be present (it may simply be beta nonimplementation tho)

Lazers and high efficiency solar panels
    and yes it may seem OP but consider it a reward for getting enough spare diamonds to spend on diamonds
    and if yo are going to bother making MV transformers then you are probably going to transmit much further than 16 blocks
    and yes it does seem horribly in effeicent but we keep forgetting the HV storadge and sudden pulse action...
    personally I will have A localized power or B just use MV and glass fibers

The way I understand it is that a heat DC will equalize heat between all surrounding elements, itself AND the hull so that if (fex.) 20000 heat exists with a base reactor hull 1 DC and two connected Coolant cells at the same time as two heat is produced (and not cooled externally) then the DC will attempt to produce the following result:
    hull heat = 5000 DC = 5000 2x CC = 2x 5000 it will try to balance the heat percentage wise between all available cooling elements and the reactor however you are suggesting that the DC would attempt to Melt the two CC and try to put the hull heat at 0... this seems unlogical to me and I refuse to believe it unless albalka re writes the TUT on nuclear engineering to accept your way of working.
    this means that you must calculate the percentage (Important: if it is at 85% or over then it will not work) of heat your optimum breeding level will be at (in this case it stops at 9000) then see how much heat will need to be sunk into the reactor to achieve this percentage (heat storage of reactor + all elements) then find the closest 500 and fill it in with lava buckets for 2000+ and water buckets for 500 - to regulate your heat to this level

And GUYS! : Stop arguing about reactor plating yes the increase of HP was the point of my statement I was going to fill a breeder with plating and therefore increase the HP of it allowing it to have a higher max heat before reaching the critical 85% heat which is lava spawn / melting of reactor chambers.
    fire spawn could theoretically be avoided by having a floating reactor 2 blocks away from any surface (use redpower self supported cables for the redstone cutoff)
    no surface to be on = no fire

I am glad to hear the reactor plating will be upgraded to 250 hp TBH that is the only reason I use plating in reactors the cooling effect sucks and it messes up perfect breeders

Haha you must have an efficiency of 3.24 but the heat production must be immense and I doubt that without the massive flaws in current cooling code which increase cooling related to plates and DCs at least 10 times it would not be able to run for longer than 20 seconds before spawning fire

nice use of reducing coolants tho :)

I like the idea of high power reactors that need only a bit of "Tending" and can still run for a while so long as you watch it :D

Yes I noticed
    However I think that (as I have voiced before that Nuclear reactors should be Upgraded with Iridium personally I think that they are materially expensive enough as they are in their current condition (ignoring the cooling bug)

I did something similar with my own Mark V
    my useful one that is
    blew through 5 layers of obsidian on the cannon range finding world
    personally I think that there is no real need to be more efficient than 4 as there is such a thing as time efficiency too

I have tested and a full meltdown will blow a hole through FIVE LAYERS OF OBSIDIAN (Albalaka: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Why you make obsidian obsolete?!?)
    I have however designed a Reactor containment chamber which will contain most mark IV reactor's meltdown,
    and yes it is of course way better to just stop your reactor from exploding than preparing for the imminent explosion
    I will post Schematics on my reactor thread later.