Posts by Maximo

Maximo: is an ID conflict change "MFFSForceEnergyConverter" to 4083

Kane Hart: please versionInfo

ok thanks now it works... I thought an ID conflict would have crushed MC at startup as usual... so I didn't thought about it....

Edit: also I've noticed your mod's blocks have ID higher than 256 so now blocks ID can be given regardless this preview restriction? and is it because of Minecraft code or a forge fix?

I've experienced a couple of dunno-if-it's a bug using the chainsaw....

the first is that the chainsaw don't harvest the rubber tree leaves (even if it does it with other mod's one so it might be intended)

the second is that harvesting leaves with the chainsaw have still the chance of dropping saplings/apple If I can remember right doing so with the shears don't do it (if intended or can't helped cause base code editing double profit :D )

I had even a bug with the drill not fast gathering soulsand but that seems to have been fixed some versions ago :thumbup:

http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=1587#post1587 for Geogens... (Denied Suggestion)
    how about placing glass over solar panels? snow doesnt spawn above it (i think)

sorry for the already denied suggestion.
    ok... seems like snow don't deposit on glass but will glass block prevent solar panel from collecting energy?... as far as I know both the snow layer and glass block are "transparent blocks" so guess if the snow layer prevents the sun to reach the panel so will the glass do... I'm going to check as soon as the mod it's updated for 1.2.5...

HOT it would be nice in my opinion if geothermal generator could produce little energy just by being in contact with lava (like the water mill does) obviously less than the 20 EU/t using the bucket/cells... making the proportion with the water mill and considering the difficulty in working with lava I'll say a 0.2 EU/t per block of adjacent lava maybe even 0.25...

COLD I'm not sure if it's still true cause I haven't tried for a while to put solar panels in a snow biome... if it still true that the snow layer prevent the solar panel to collect sun power would be nice to change it (if it's not ignore this second part)... for someone who likes snow biomas (like me) it's quite impossible to put a solar panel farm
    solution options:
    1) prevent the snow to deposit on the panels (make them emit a little light?)
    2) make the panel collect the sun light through the snow layer
    3)dunno use your imagination :P

yes I know might be not so on topic a flamethrower in IC2 but it would be nice addition in a pvp server... or to fast clean up all the grass in your garden. And how much bossy do we will look with a flame thrower in hour hands... don't know of any mods that adds it and considering IC2 have fuel and that, after nuclear/solar power plant, it becomes little useless well think about it... (also the backpack tank do not forget about that!!!)

Yeah but there actually is a mod which does exactly and only this.

ah yeah almost forgot the reason of the whole discussion however stupid recipe for a so powerful chest and you've got to go to the niether forcefully in order to obtain it... if you don't use toomanyitems

I was just proposing something the mod miss in my opinion quantum chests should be not so much against the IC2 spirit... in the end they are just like teleporter... a little more portable and only for objects, to me is a good idea... out of all transportation discussion.
    Another idea... you can make them work just if powered set the gui like a double chest with an external slot to hold batteries crystals batpack or lappack make it cost to deposit in the chest dunno 1EU per item so u don't use it to store cobble ;)

The main part of industrialisation was Rails. And we already have them in MC. Actually the only transportation-system similar to BC-Pipes or RP-tubes is internal post-delivery which sometimes uses pipes to transport messages (they are stored in small capsules).

yes almost true but ever tried to use rails (and I mean basic MC rails cause there's a mod even 4 that) to transport something? The furnace + minecart is useless if u don't work in plan to pull the chest minecart (even working in plan is so slow that i can go faster walking and have a shitty autonomy) and if u have to do powered rails it will dry out the gold (that I use for other mods in big amounts) also then U have to think transportation in minecraft way! a railway is sometimes impossible to set and U would need a major update do automate the whole thing or a bad ass of a redstone circuit and, at least, a block to withdraw and/or load stuff in minecarts that i'm pretty sure already exist

IC2 isn't about transporting items. It's about Industrializing everything else.

I can only disagree with that in the human industrializing process a key role was played by goods transportation improvement from a place to an other, else we could't have a lot of stuff (example the England was the first state to be industrialized cause he ruled the seas: it meant faster transportation of goods from colonies that were refined or processed in the UK) as the point now IC2 is an electricity mod not an industrial mod even chemistry have a key role in industries (i'm not suggesting that cause "already exist a chemistry mod ecc.") but a better transportation perfectly suits the industrial meaning of the mod!!!

EDIT: wow page 2 it is a lot of discussion :D

Well... I still think BC and RP are by now too complex to be defined as "support" mods and using them together with IC2 as i have to provide different sources of power and characteristic blocks for each mod means a great use of resources that in single palyer is mostly impossible even with the tons of crossover mods. Anyways as I didn't noticed you too were part of the IC2 dev team still waiting for a response thanks for the talk FenixR.

Well yes I was a little upset before as I said I'm not a programmer so I didn't know that ore stuff i thought RP tin was good only for RP recipes etc. For the "we" I was a little misunderstood (english is not my mother language) it was more like we users who propose to developers: if I support this mod by downloading it and ask 4 something reasonable it would be good to be supported instead of "it's already in that mod go and download it" or at least be told why developers don't want to add it, I made an other suggestion about colored wool and received a detailed and valid reason why it was rejected however my request wasn't about pipes or tubes and I haven't already eared a response cause it's already in an other mod it's not yes or no

I personally don't use bc nor redpower because of that and wanted a way to transport object maybe a futuristic way in IC2 style. However redpower added pipes copying bc, if to make that pipes i wouldn't have to add an entire other mod with a hundred of new ore mostly same as IC (tin and copper and even rubber tree) i would use redpower but it would be awesome to use just one mod or at last make an agreement with redpower to use the same id at last for the same objects and ores (speaking of solar panels) can't see the sense in non being inspired from other mods features... we are the only ones that stay correct the other major mods are copying each others without asking