Posts by Silwing

Hadn't thought of the possibility of just running the Steam Generator with normal water. I think I might go with that option... It is kind of a manual process after all producing the 10k coolant cells, so having to replace the Steam Generator every once in a while to get rid of calcination shouldn't be too bad.

I was wondering if there is a preferred way to make coolant? I need coolant to make range upgrades from the Nuclear Control addon. I need quite a few so making the coolant with 8 lapis a bucket seems too expensive, so I figured I need distilled water to reduce the cost to 1 lapis per bucket. A solar distiller is very slow, so I looked for other ways of producing the distilled water. After testing around with a Steam Generator and a Condenser I found that the Condenser will only produce enough distilled water to keep the Steam Generator filled no excess. So the Condenser is not actually supposed to be a way of producing distilled water for other use than the Steam Generator itself? Are there other ways of distilling water planned or do I simply have to set up a large amount of solar distillers to not have to wait forever?

I would like to suggest that the chainsaw can be used as saw to create micro blocks.

We have electric versions of many tools, but no electric saw. It might be sensible to still need a diamond saw to cut blocks that can only be cut by diamond saws. But for cutting normal blocks it would be nice.

When breaking a Minecart with a sword it instantly breaks, but when I try to break it with a chainsaw it is very difficult to break. I have to click multiple times while it just bounces to either side before it breaks.

Anyone know if this is intentional or should I report it as a bug?

We are having some quirks with Crossover after updating to minecraft 1.2.3... The electric engines seems to somehow conflict on some GUI ids... I resolved 3 of them by changing some GUI ids in Forestry (100, 101 and 102) but I cannot seem to find the last 3 (103-105) or where they conflict. When keeping the original GUI ids the Large Electric engine simply will not open any GUI at all... and no energy is output... By changing the GUI ids to 3xx instead of 1xx it works perfectly fine in SSP but on our server the game crashes with the following error:

No one having any idea how to solve this? I cannot seem to find where the ID conflict is :(

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but I cannot seem to make the Rotary Macerator work properly :S when I put a stack of 32xgold dust in each slot it only processes the dust in the first input slot. It seems like nothing happens if I put anything at all in the second slot. Am I doing something wrong?

This uses some of BC's code to handle the rendering, forestry must change that or something, nothing I can do about it.

We are having some quirks with Crossover after updating to minecraft 1.2.3... The electric engines seems to somehow conflict on some GUI ids... I resolved 3 of them by changing some GUI ids in Forestry (100, 101 and 102) but I cannot seem to find the last 3 (103-105) or where they conflict. When keeping the original GUI ids the Large Electric engine simply will not open any GUI at all... and no energy is output... By changing the GUI ids to 3xx instead of 1xx it works perfectly fine in SSP but on our server the game crashes with the following error:

You all keep talking about Bukkit... The Bukkit team is no longer Bukkit, they are Mojang employees and their work will be based on that, not on the fact that they have developed Bukkit.
    What we get is not a Bukkit forced upon us all, it is a completely new minecraft server with official mod support and official server administration tools. Made by people who have experience primarily with server administration but also a bit of mod API. They keep telling people that they are building it all from scratch now, but somehow no one hears that.
    As of what I read from Dinnerbone posted in the Reddit minecraft section and in Bukkit forums they are very willing to listen to any feedback given from the Minecraft Forge team and any other team developing minecraft mods, they even appreciate any ideas they can get, so they can make the most robust and powerful API possible.
    If we are lucky when this is done we will no longer need either MCForge or Bukkit because the vanilla minecraft client and server has an API that makes it all possible. That way we will probably see mods ready for new minecraft updates in a few days or even without any modification.
    If we are not so lucky, then MCForge will continue as always, porting their software to the new minecraft_server.jar and we will all continue as we go now.

There are several ways to kill Iron Golems and obtain their drop items. The following are the most effective ones:
    Suffocation by a sticky piston and a block. The killing can start instantly after spawning but it will clog up the trap, making other Golems unable to either spawn or die, depending on the design.
    By lava that won't touch the Golems' feet (since this is where the drops appear). This is the most damaging (and therefore the quickest) of the automated killing methods. An example picture of this method is shown to the right.

Iron Golems do not take fall damage :)