Posts by Nik

Got another question for you lot! connecting the relays to the buildcraft pipes worked great and I increased my number of machines too (no noticeable lag increase either).

Though most of the resources that got fed into factories tube system were mainly single items or tiny stacks. Wouldn't this possibly cause increased lag with so many entities going through the tubes? In which case is there a easy way to get them to form full stacks?

Thanks GregoriusT, your thread in the tutorials is amazing btw.

More Machines. The Lag produced by them, is only from the Sound they make, so you can just decrease the maximum amount of IC²-Soundsources in the Configfile for no Lag.

What would be a decent level to set it to to remove lag but still hear them properly?

I've been testing GregouriusT's factory design (From the tutorial section) and I've hit a few issues that I could use some help with.

1. Whats the best way to transfer the resources from quarries into my factories redpower tubing system? I've tried running the buildcraft tubes into a series of chests and using the retriever, but that has 2 problems. First it ignores some of the chests and second it tends to focus on the items popping up in the top left corner (least thats what happens when using a single chest). The latter becomes a big problem when it stops grabbing stacks and just does single items half the time.

2. What would be a simple way to split some items up? For example sending half the stone to the output chests and the other half is processed.

3. Should I be using overclockers or instead increase the number of machines? I was using 4 quarries in my creative game and it easily out paced my factories ability to process all the materials. I've heard that having too many machines together can create a ton of lag. Also maybe the number of overcloakers needed would push the power requirements sky high.

If anyone happens to know of any other decent threads covering factories don't suppose you could provide a link? Thanks in advance for any help!

1. How long does it take to change depleted Isotope cells into re-enriched uranium cells? I had a go with a breeder design in creative mode, after adding about 3-4 lava buckets they were converted in just seconds. I figure that can't be right.

2. What kind of reactor should I build in my SSP game? I was thinking a SUC/CASUC type (The EU produced would be amazing), but I read that they've got some real stability issues. I'd prefer to have a reliable reactor that doesn't blow half my base to bits. What do you lot think?

I wonder why you get 510EU/t on EV cable and then 512EU/t on gold cable. According to your setup, you should get same EU/t measured on HV cable, glass fibre and 2 blocks long gold cable. Also you cannot send more than 512EU/t as long as there is MVT somewhere on the way. Same with LVT and 128EU/t. Try adding MFS unit right after second HV transformer and read current. You should get something around 1020EU/t (from 2 MFSUs) because one of your MFS units is not sending any energy (guess why).

Thanks for the suggestion raGen, I didn't even notice that misplaced MFSU. I changed the setup like you said (And added a good number of MFSU's) and took readings. I took some pics to show the results.

With what Alblaka said about the 4 pulses then the EU running through my HV cable is around 510 eu/tick......still can't get high voltage going =/ thanks for your help anyway.

Thanks for your replies Alblaka. Though I seemed to encounter another problem with my transformers/wires. I was messing around with trying to get extreme voltage working and I made a setup to step the EU down until it eventually reach the batbox at the end. The EU's being transfered between the cables was all wrong (according to my EU reader at least). It could be that my EU reader is messed up, but on the other hand it's been displaying other things properly. Got some images below to show what happened. If the EU's displayed was correct then the wires/EU storage blocks should have blown. Maybe I need to do a reinstall? =/

I'm fairly new to transformers, and I was under the impression from information in the IC2 wiki that a HV transformer can switch between Extreme voltage (2048 EU) and High voltage (512 EU). I was trying to get it to emit extreme voltage, so I did what the wiki described and applied redstone current to the HV transformer. My problem is that it doesn't seem to emit 2048 eu, only 512 by the looks of it. Secondly if I remove the redstone current all EU transfer stops completely.

I've played around with transformers for a while now and I noticed that it doesn't seem to be possible to switch them to between there two EU outputs. Instead I've seen high voltage transformers not emit any power at all unless you send it a redstone signal and the resulting EU seems to be only 512 EU/tick. This behavior extends to low voltage + medium voltage transformers too; they won't emit EU unless given a redstone signal. In my tests I attached a EU storage block to the transformer, then some cable to it's output and fed into a second transformer and that transformer was connect to a second storage block. That setup always seems to require redstone to emit EU.

I didn't notice anything in the changelog about this, so I'm supposing it is not intentional. Has anyone else encounter such behavior from transformers?

Noticed that my MFSU wouldn't stop emitting EU's even when redstoned. Tried applying the redstone signal in various ways but nothing worked. To make sure it wasn't an issus on my end I loaded MC 1.0.0 with IC 1.43 and checked if a redstoned MFSU worked in that version, which it did. I haven't had time to check if this issue also affected the other EU storage blocks.