Posts by Sebra

Shift - freeze in space (like on ladders in vanilla), until shift is depressed (or - until other movement key pressed)

Bad idea to freeze in space. Jet is not cheat.

Double-Forward - horizontal increase of speed, at a cost of fuel (like dash in vanilla), until Forward button is depressed

Bad idea. As if any jet movement not at cost of fuel. Slight position correction can lead to jump.

Double-space - fly up like in non-hover mode, until space is depressed
    Double-shift - free fall until shift is depressed

I do not like those modes as described in Advanced JetPack theme.

There are several mods about it. Search better.

If I would design a way to store Exp, I prefer special enchantment for Glass Bottles to store.

Definitely not IC themed.

Food value of cherry as an apple? Are you serious?

I think we cannot crossbreed trees.

It might be interesting to grow tree from a seed, but current crop system cannot allow it. May be use Stick on Tiled dirt and then use Tree seed/Apple. When some time pass Sapling substitutes that Stick and grows into tree later.

go to .minecraft\mods\industrialcraft-2-client_x.xx.jar\ic2\sounds\tools\Chainsaw and delete all sounds inside there.
    Have fun without the annoying chainsaw sound.

I do not hate them all, just idle one. I'll experiment. Thanks.

about the battery: im not gonna suggest anything special, its just like drill->diamond drill, only with chainsaw
    the changes from normal chainsaw: just like the chainges from drill to diamond, just with chainsaw

Are you searching for obsidian tree?
    You've seen obsidian grass somewhere?
    You dream about Obsidian EU-Sheep?
    Oh, I know...
    You afraid Obsidian Creeper!

Diamond Saw mostly holds Bluetricity, not Redstone.
    Diamond Saw cost 2 Diamonds while suggested Diamond Chainsaw 3. Plus Lapis and Glowstone if Advanced Circuit added to recipe. Not a starting item.
    Increased storage buffer can be balanced by increased EU consumption. Or make EU consumption decreased with the same 10K EU.

I would make Diamond ChainSaw even if it will be more quite. I hate that sound while Chainsaw selected.

So solar panels can output into other solar panels, effectively being used as micro storage blocks? How much EU of input could a solar panel withstand?

Only from other Solar Panels, only last tick and up to some limit if developers like.

I'm not satisfied with how the mechanic of the output spot works, having to orient hundreds of panels for a solar farm.

Just place new Panel, targeting previous. Can it be easier?

That creates a small problem. How do I return them to an "outputless" state?

Dismount and place again. For what reason you need "outputless" one?

Throwing another idea into the pot:
    Not sure if this can be easily done, but can't solar panels check for other adjacent panels and then be grouped, having only one single output spot?
    Only the panel that is set down / removed would have to check once, it's not something that has to be repeated.
    Of course there has to be a limit or else ULV cables will become redundant.
    In combination with the connected textures mod, that comes built-in with optifine, I can imagine beautiful 3x3 sized solar areas.

Macro-machines are denied. It leads to extra calculations which are not needed.

So how about IC² detecting how many solar panels are adjacent to each other in the Energy Network, then outputting all solar panels energy on Nearest available cable in the following order : Tin , Copper, Gold , Iron , Glass fiber.

If there are more than 2048 solar panels, Solar Energynetwork will output as many EV packets it can.
    For example if there are 3072 solar panels, Solar Energynetwork will output one EV packet on the first tick, then two on the second tick...
    Like Transformers which absorbs ALL energy and output up to 4 packets of its lower output

Macro-machine again. :( Denied.

I really want opinion from mod Developers.

Edit: CompactSolars in "similar threads" is bad because EU output is not proportional to surface used.

I think it is quite possible to use IC2 Diamond ChainSaw in RP2 Diamond Saw recipes.
    With help and permission of Nice_&_Mighty Eloraam of course.

+ if developers will like it, they can improve diamond drill too ;)
    ++ may be with Energy Crystal and Advanced Circuit, why not.

1. Add RE Battery to the recipe to improve EU storage;
    2. Make it sound when used, not when in hands (or just less loud);
    3. Get Eloraam permission to use it for Microblocks.

Add anything except shiny effect.

Tin Cable cost is minor compared to Solar Panel cost.
    I hope Wrench will not be needed to place Solar Panels as you wish. Read better.
    You can always spam Solars but this way it would lag quite less.
    Coloring Tin Cables will not decrease EU packets quantity.
    Doubt you will remove Solars too often. Even if you will, start from the right end and forget your problems.
    You know voltage is dangerous, do you?

EU gain do not increased, You can use it old way or think better, It decrease lag ...
    What exacerbating you want to avoid, what amelioration you afraid?

I suggest a small change in the Solar Panel behavior: ability to have output spot.

If player use Wrench on Solar Panel, this side becomes output. Second use - dismount as usual.
    If Solar Panel placed targeting non-EU block or was placed before, it has no selected output side. If placed targeting Cable/Machine/EU_storage - this side becomes "output".

If Solar Panel has no side marked as output, it behaves as now. If it has, EU it emitted to this side only.

If Solar Panel emit EU packet through the output side to the other Solar Panel, second Panel emit one EU packet only adding input EU to own EU generated.

This should greatly reduce number of EU packets on solar fields, discourage using of tin nets, allow solar fields to output higher voltage than 1 EU/packet.

I do not like "advanced" solars because in my opinion solar usage should cost surface space.