Posts by Taudrew

I think you could return a tiny pile of the cut material per output items either:

• Directly into the player inventory
    • Items, split out on the ground (I like this option)

If I am not wrong, there is a recipe handler to return items into the player inventory. At least, it can be done with MineTweaker.

This has been used for example in Better Than Wolves when cutting wood logs with axe into planks. You recieve the planks, bark and also the saw dust. Everything is usable as a fuel to begin with.

On a different note, I've been playing around with Alternate Terrain Generation after noticing it in FTB. I quite like the new landscape. I haven't noticed too many surface caves, but that might just be me missing things as I fly around in creative or just bad luck. It does concern me, though, as I like to play with harder rock and having to mine a staircase until I find a cave would be a nightmare. Would it be possible to create "very high" veins of ores through the config? I was thinking of having oregen loop after 128, like it goes back to 1 at 129 and create veins accordingly. Then again, changing nothing and having to go to lower elevations for mining bases would also make things interesting. Also, changing the oregen over 70 too, as it could become more common. Maybe just making the spawn range wider without necesarily changing the rarity, size or number too much, could work.

Anyone else have experience with ATG+Gregtech?

Hi everyone, have been browsing the forum for a while now as a visitor, but decided to take a part as well.

To the point.. I am currently trying to build me a modpack based around GT5 with other technical mods such as BC, RC, AE etc. and I am very interested in including the ATG mod which someone already mentioned as I quote him above.

I would like to know, if the ATG would break the playability of GT in means of ore spawning and if so, how could I prevent this from happening or decreasing the impact of it?

What I thought of was extending the range of heights ores spawn in but could not really come up with neat solution.

Maybe some of you might help me out with this and also decide to use ATG in your future builds as well.

Thank you in advance for any of your support.