[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Huh, somehow I managed to miss that with grep, must have miss typed Assembling or something. It was renamed on 2016-04-11 from tungstensteel gear box. It also appears that my server-side localizations file is out of date. Speaking of which, I had to use minetweaker to set the localized names on the server, so that open computers could see the proper names; is there a config I'm not spotting to make the server register the localized names?

• Greetings! Neat update, I made a tutorial that's currently uploading for the Assembly Line. I think I may have found a bug though, all the items in the input buses stay in the buses with a quantity of 1 after the machine is done. For example if a recipe calls for 6 circuits, after the machine is done there will still be 1 circuit left. If it calls for 1 gear, that gear will still be in there. I'm uploading my video and it shows the glitch as well.

Edit: Here's the video. Apologies for the lack of editing, just made it after work because I was a bit bored. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcceXmOExZw&feature=youtu.be

• It's already known in the release notes, that there are ghost items left behind. It's missing a call to updateSlots() after starting the processing run. If it's not already fixed in trunk, I'm sure it will be soon.

• Has anyone been able to get the chest buffer to actually output any sort of redstone signal? I've tried inverting it, cranking redstone all round. But I cant seem to get it to work.
    Is there some sort of special cover I need for it to work?

Would much appreciate any help in this matter.

• Let me start off saying I'm sorry if this suggestion has been brought up before. I wasn't sure how to search for it and I was about to read almost 200 pages to find it. If this already a part of GT6, I haven't looked at 6 very much to know and again, sorry.

I had an idea for a new kind of crafting bench designed for GregTech. An Advanced Crafting Bench. The idea is that it's a crafting bench where you can place all of the tools that are needed in crafting recipes. You just place them in the bench and they stay there. Then any recipes that require the tools can remain in their slot while the normal 3x3 crafting takes place and the tools still take their normal amount of damage.
    So for example making an iron pickaxe requires the hammer and file (I think that's right). Well with this bench they can stay in their storage slot and the pickaxe can still be made without moving them to the 3x3 area. You could of course have the tools in the 3x3 like normal to still make the item.
    Another benefit to this crafting bench is that you can make recipes for items that normally take up the 3x3 but can now require tools. Example the piston, now it can be required to be made in this bench instead of the vanilla bench and it requires the hammer, file and/or screw driver.
    Of course if the tool isn't in the tool slot, or in the 3x3 area, the UI can say "<tool(s)> is missing." Maybe have the output shot a ghost of the item as well.

I've toyed with the idea of being able to have it automated some how; pipe items in, auto outputs. But I didn't really care for the idea. Maybe with an even more advanced bench the would require this bench in it's crafting recipe but then also more items that would make more sense for that type of automation.

The recipe to build it I thought might be quite simple. A vanilla crafting bench in the middle, a chest under it and 7 of the crafting GT tools around it. Any 7 of the tools can be used to do recipe to make the Advanced Crafting Bench. The power tools would count as well since there are recipes that allow for either the manual or powered tool. I believe there are some recipes that require only the powered tool, but I could be wrong.
    If doing any 7 of the tools, powered or not, would be too hard to code then at least 7 of the ones used the most: hammer, file, screw driver, wrench, saw, wire cutter. That's 6, I'm not sure about the 7th: spade, soft hammer, knife or mortar. Sure. Why not? Give the mortar a slot on the peg board as well.
    However it's only tools used for crafting. As far as I know the Scoop and Branch Cutter, and I'm not sure what else besides the normal tools (pickaxe, axe and so on), as they aren't used for crafting.

If you want to make the recipe harder, or even just offer a harder version through the configs, replace the chest for the IC2 toolbox.

I was also thinking in the UI the tools have their specific slot and add a black border around them. The idea being how many home workshops have a peg board with spot for each tool they draw the outline around the tool so people know where it goes. I guess the only problem with that would be in the player puts a powered wrench (or chainsaw or buzzsaw) in the slot where the wrench (saw) would go.

This is one of the few times I truly wish I knew enough of about Java, then maybe I would try writing it and submit it.

I had couple more other ideas, just not sure how well these would go over.
    Currently when you get the impure dust it says to throw it in the cauldron to clean it. What about having the impure dust with a bottle of water to clean it as well? You get back the dust and an empty bottle. I know that crafting wise you can't just craft bottles the vanilla way but it's possible to still get bottles early game say from a chest, villager trade or even killing a witch.
    I also thought it would make sense to just through the dust into any body of water to clean it.

Last thought I had was with using the saws to cut wood/planks in crafting, shouldn't you also get back some amount of saw dust? Even if it's a small, or tiny, pile of it.
    I know I could do that with MineTweaker but it should be part of the mod. Just a thought.

Sorry for the long post.

• Official Post

Let me start off saying I'm sorry if this suggestion has been brought up before. I wasn't sure how to search for it and I was about to read almost 200 pages to find it. If this already a part of GT6, I haven't looked at 6 very much to know and again, sorry.

I had an idea for a new kind of crafting bench designed for GregTech. An Advanced Crafting Bench. The idea is that it's a crafting bench where you can place all of the tools that are needed in crafting recipes. You just place them in the bench and they stay there. Then any recipes that require the tools can remain in their slot while the normal 3x3 crafting takes place and the tools still take their normal amount of damage.
    So for example making an iron pickaxe requires the hammer and file (I think that's right). Well with this bench they can stay in their storage slot and the pickaxe can still be made without moving them to the 3x3 area. You could of course have the tools in the 3x3 like normal to still make the item.

GT6 already has an Advanced Crafting Table, just like GT4 had, that can store Stuff in additional Slots.

However having the Tools stay inside their Slots is NOT doable, you have to grab them out of those Slots, simply because there are lots of conflicting Crafting Recipes, that couldn't be made if the Tools would auto-place themselves, in fact it would even be very annoying in some cases to have the Tools place themselves automatically, especially in Recipes where the Tools position is used to determine what is crafted, what is the case with both the Hammer and the Saw.

Another benefit to this crafting bench is that you can make recipes for items that normally take up the 3x3 but can now require tools. Example the piston, now it can be required to be made in this bench instead of the vanilla bench and it requires the hammer, file and/or screwdriver.

So you are saying GT should add a new and special Crafting System, that only can be used on the Table? Kinda like IHL? Well, I'm not going to do that in GT6, but maybe Bloody will for GT5.

Of course if the tool isn't in the tool slot, or in the 3x3 area, the UI can say " is missing." Maybe have the output shot a ghost of the item as well.

Ghost, definitely Ghost Item, displaying Text is a bad Idea, a Ghost (maybe with a Tooltip) is the best way, I think

I've toyed with the idea of being able to have it automated somehow; pipe items in, auto outputs. But I didn't really care for the idea. Maybe with an even more advanced bench the would require this bench in it's crafting recipe but then also more items that would make more sense for that type of automation.

That is called Autocrafting Table, sure since its supposed to be a special Handler it needs a special new Autocrafter for that

The recipe to build it I thought might be quite simple. A vanilla crafting bench in the middle, a chest under it and 7 of the crafting GT tools around it. Any 7 of the tools can be used to do recipe to make the Advanced Crafting Bench. The power tools would count as well since there are recipes that allow for either the manual or powered tool. I believe there are some recipes that require only the powered tool, but I could be wrong.

So like the Maintenance Hatch? You know that the Tools dont ever get consumed in crafting? (unless their durability tells them to break). I'd Recommend adding either some Wood or in order to make it look more modern, add some Metal to it. Workbench + Chest can stay. But again, just recommendations

Last thought I had was with using the saws to cut wood/planks in crafting, shouldn't you also get back some amount of saw dust? Even if it's a small, or tiny, pile of it. I know I could do that with MineTweaker but it should be part of the mod. Just a thought.

Not doable, only one output possible when crafting, and giving wood a container items is not a thing. Also the Cutter (Machine) already gives sawdust afaik.

• Quoted
    Last thought I had was with using the saws to cut wood/planks in crafting, shouldn't you also get back some amount of saw dust? Even if it's a small, or tiny, pile of it. I know I could do that with MineTweaker but it should be part of the mod. Just a thought.

Not doable, only one output possible when crafting, and giving wood a container items is not a thing. Also the Cutter (Machine) already gives sawdust afaik.

I think you could return a tiny pile of the cut material per output items either:

• Directly into the player inventory
    • Items, split out on the ground (I like this option)

If I am not wrong, there is a recipe handler to return items into the player inventory. At least, it can be done with MineTweaker.

• When using GT5U, together with Twillight Forrest, it seems like in the Hollow Hills, there is spawned vanilla ores, and not GT ores. Is there a way to change that? So it is only GT ores in Hollow Hills, just like any of the other places in Twillight.
    As it seems it is only in the Hollow Hills the issue is there.

Thanks <3

• Hello, ive got two short things this time for GT5U:

1. There is small glitch in multiblock structures which uses additional things (eg. pyrolyse oven with circuit) - there is no visible slot for that item, however shift-clicking puts that inside controller, but hides a part of proper machine layout. Its only a .png / .jpg file to modify or its need coding?

2. Is there a way to make gold plasma from gold dust? Ive seen gold plasma in fuel configs, but cannot find out how to make it.

Thanks a lot for sharing time.

• 1. There is small glitch in multiblock structures which uses additional things (eg. pyrolyse oven with circuit) - there is no visible slot for that item, however shift-clicking puts that inside controller, but hides a part of proper machine layout. Its only a .png / .jpg file to modify or its need coding?

Those are .png files, the defaults are here: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…extures/gui/multimachines

The slot can be hovered over as well to see where it goes and place a circuit (or other item to configure the multiblock, if appropriate) manually. I added some gui textures to the bdcraft patch for GT5u at http://bdcraft.net/community/p…es-rel/gregtech-t170.html that make the slot separately visible for most of the multiblock machines (there might be a few I missed), but for some it might be difficult to fit both a visible slot and a machine layout at the default 256x256 size for those gui images.

• I think you could return a tiny pile of the cut material per output items either:

• Directly into the player inventory
    • Items, split out on the ground (I like this option)

If I am not wrong, there is a recipe handler to return items into the player inventory. At least, it can be done with MineTweaker.

This has been used for example in Better Than Wolves when cutting wood logs with axe into planks. You recieve the planks, bark and also the saw dust. Everything is usable as a fuel to begin with.

• This has been used for example in Better Than Wolves when cutting wood logs with axe into planks. You recieve the planks, bark and also the saw dust. Everything is usable as a fuel to begin with.

Choping tree with an axe could indeed return wood chips. That item do already exist but has no localized display-name.
    Could be used to craft chipboard planks (gregtech plank or dedicated blockWood crafted in 9x9 grid of wood chips)
    Macerated into tiny piles of sawdust.
    Have a fuel-value of 50 (wood chips benefit from more oxygen while burning)

Any 9 × plankWood should have a compressor recipe into a logWood usable into charcoal pit or as any other log, and increased fuel-value

What I mean is: processing woods for better fuel than raw wood, should be a an intermediate automatizable option half-way from the low tech manual charcoal pit to the high-tech pyrolyse oven.

• Hello there. I'm playing GregTech 5.09.22 with a bunch of other mods (Thaumcraft, Forestry, ProjectRed, Buildcraft and so on). Also I have the latest versions of such mods for perfomance like OptiFine and FastCraft. All of these run with the latest version of Forge.

Here's the problem. After creating or using several GT tools (I found out problems with Bronze Mortar and Bronze Wrench) OpenGL StackOverflow error pops up, flooding into logs and causing problems with rendering. I can append some logs, but not sure exactly what you may need.

Thanks for attention.

UPD. I've figured out what causes that bug. It was BackTools mod. The stated mode fails to render several GregTech tools on players back. When you remove a tool from player's back bug disappears.
    I couldn't reproduce the bug without that mode, so I believe it was the problem.