Posts by Wolfheart9

may as well wait a bit longer... why? 1.4.5

If I'm not incorrect, I think for the most part the 1.44 to 1.45 jump just requires a re-compile against the new package.. so not that much to get rollin if you have a working 1.44 version of something.. though I may be completely off course on that.

Its a pretty well known fact that they are testing IC2 for 1.32 in a closed beta...

Then I am a slow slow individual and not in the loop for that, sorry X( If that's so, that rather clearly answers the question, so if a mod would be so kind as to remove this post unless I can do it myself.. and maybe point me to where you usually watch to see this beta testing goodness.

Jesus I didn't want this to turn into a damned flame war.. Man you guys are nuts, I was simply asking what the appeal was and some of the "mature" responses I got answered that for me.

That mod seems so cheap basically like cheating.. Oh I can turn dirt into diamonds!! lol and have magic flying rings n such.. It just seems weird that the same people who like IC2 which is mainly about mostly realistic tech progression and machines etc also like a mod that basically lets you cheat with some item that mines holes for them in like 3x3 or something like that and lets you turn anything into anything, seems like you might as well use NEI or TMI lol.

You do know getting that MK3 collector is horribly difficult to do right?

Anyway with the recent version the Early game was SEVERELY nerfed, but the late game its more or less the same. Also dont expect to do any kind of transmutation until you find at least a diamond since the Philo stone was also nerfed and the cost was bumped from a slime ball+something else, to 4 glowstone-4redstone-1diamond.

And one last thing to add, a single MK3 collector isnt going to do much for you, you need at least 4 of those + a Antimatter Relay to get a decent rate of EMC if you really want the expensive stuff constantly.

Odds are it's the same argument as most make, they don't actually play the mod, they TMI the machines/blocks to them not knowing what it takes to make them, then call it overpowered. FYI it takes close to 8000 dirt/stone to make a single diamond, if you have that much laying around, you probably already have plenty of diamond, just makes life easier. Played the latest version myself, had to mine until I had enough diamonds to just make the collector, which took a few hours, then several hours to get enough fuel created to make dark mater to get to the mk2, then the chest.. Yea.

(Edited the dirt/stone amount, apparently was way off)

Also getting the bat/lap pack + armor issue. Jetpack off I take a hit, armor goes down a smidge. Jetpack on I take a hit, it drops to roughly 30% durability no matter the armor, tried leather all the way up to diamond, second hit, armor breaks, on normal difficulty. Have the latest versions of Modloader, ModloaderMP, Forge, PlayerAPI, NEI/Core, Audiomod, Optifine. Those are ones directly effecting my jar. I've tried with all my other mods, and just IC2 alone, same results. I don't seem to get any error messages when it happens from MCPatcher, armor just takes a beating. Oddly from fall damage it will lose durability, then make the breaking sound, but go back to full durability, so go figure on that one.

Update: Energy-based armors (Nano, ect) do not seem to be effected by this