Posts by amitarvind

Huh? Can you explain that further? The only way I can think of that those "0-chamber" reactors can be more efficient at producing plutonium is in terms of space - they have 3 columns in one block space, as opposed to 1 extra column per block for added chambers.

That was the impression I got: the economy of scale in favor of raw plutonium output. I'm not personally convinced either that a bunch of smaller reactors will produce more plutonium than 6-chamber reactors will for the same amount of time, but that was the impression I got from his argument.

Wow, I must be getting rusty, considering I'd forgotten about that thread. Also, the 43-rod design is actually an enhancement of a 41-rod design I came up with in that thread last year. I'm not sure how blackpalt figured that multiple small reactors would be easier, though, since the reactor requires 3 chambers to craft it, plus some extra components. 3 of those "0-chamber 14 rod" reactors would cost more total materials than a single 6-chamber 43-rod reactor, and only allow 42 rods total.

I think his reasoning that it would be easier was a direct aim at plutonium production efficiency and ignoring EU/resource efficiency.

Hi guys. Very long time unregistered lurker, long time player (since right after IC2 first came out). Came back to IC2 after a long hiatus (Warframe kinda took up a lot of my time) to explore the changes.

One of the biggest to me is the old reactor planner going AWOL, but the new one is pretty nice, though. I went looking for a very high efficiency plan for producing plutonium (don't care about the EU output) but the only thread I found uses the old planner, not the new codes. I finally registered today to ask this: does anyone have a decent layout for producing the most plutonium for the least effort?