Posts by Hanibalking7

I know that this topic might seem stupid because it already has been answered before, but i will with some more arguements to why the enchants on a diamond drill or mining drill should work in a Miner.

First of all, if you single play on a server with only IC / IC2 installed, the miner is better than mining on your own.
    It reduces the time that you will spent underground, and improves how many ores / block you gain, because the miner sees everything in the range of 9x9.

But! many server with IC2 also plays with Redpower and Buildcraft.

And in buildcraft there is a machine thats called "Quarry", that removes blocks from the height you place it until you reach Bedrock, that means the ultimate miner for everyone who is damn god lazy.

And it annoyus me that such a genius idea like a miner, gets so destroyed on a server that is using machines, that means Buildcraft also.

Thats why i thought that the enchants on a diamond drill or Mining Drill should work in the Miner.

Because!

You need to kill atleast 1000 monsters before getting something near lvl 50, or atleast kill the dragon, wich is mostly not resetted on any server, causes many problems.
    That is why a enchant above lvl 40 is hard to reach, or takes alot of time..

Second getting the enchant "fortune", its not easy at all. You have to have like above 44 in lvl and then really lucky to get it.

Now once you have it, it still wont be that OP as everyone thinks,
    because it still takes time to mine,
    you still have to find great ores to get alot of them.
    It would be the same as if you would mine your self, just faster.

Thats my arguements to why enchants on diamond drill or mining drill really should work, it wouldnt be OP like the buildcrafts "Quarry" wich dosent need much effort to get, nor require much to run.

Its only fair, that after you made something great like a miner + diamond drill, after you killed the dragon and finally got a nice "fortune" enchants, that you should just be a tack better than before spending so much effort into it.

Already the miner helps you much once you mined alot your self, why then not let someone who spent alot of effort into something, just get a miner upgrade again =?.

Regard
    Hanibalking7