Posts by sky_demon

weeds can be minimized with lower growth (weeds inherit their parents growth stat) and higher resistance(takes longer for weeds to overrun plants giving you time to catch it) if you want low maintenance plants. alblaka said himself that red wheat is picky about its light level.

yap. thats the reason why you should stronger your plants. otherwize if there is some sort of stuff to kill weed automativaly there would be no reason for resistance to be.

I've personally gotten RedWheat so far, it takes an extremely long time to mature, which is the easiest way to distinguish it from normal wheat. Not sure if it has any special conditions for breeding at all, mine seemed quite random, although it may need low light considering mine happened at night time. (But I do have torches in the area, so I could be wrong)

Either way, I can confirm it doesn't need anything under it to grow, it just needs a very long time to reach final stage. If you have a wheat plant sitting there taking 2-3 days and still not grown, it may be redwheat. (I guessed mine was redwheat long before it hit final stage)

so your saying that you need to crossbreed wheats and stuff like that and expect to get that? i thought that its only plant wheat and hold in not well lighted room. :D

Now then after a good amount of experimentation I have come from Reeds and Wheat to Reeds Wheat Pumpkins and StickyReeds. I know I can use flowers but I haven't had many Roses and Dandelions in my area so they are currently in the midst of being bred to be placed eventually in the strengthening area where I take the strongest I find over to the crossbreeding area in an attempt to possibly get Melons at least to try and get more interesting things. Now on to my current things.

Same was for me but i just wasn't interested in that but when i got blackthorn and after few days that cyan flower only from wheat i got interested in that more :D i never would thought that i will get that cyan thingy from crossbreeding wheats :D

EDIT:btw i would like to join in server and breed some stuff :D but i guess its private and legal. i have bought the game, but not from minecraft.net and after 1.9 came out all other premium accounts that were bought not from minecraft.net were nuked. i bought gift code from one site a little cheaper and in my country cash (1euro=3.56LT and that alot money to pay for normal premium mc acc) to prove that i was premium user i still have skin :D and that why im cool when im playing in cracked servers :D

BTW if server has red power then its really easy to make power plant that generated alot of EU, is cheap to make and never deals with meltdowns and stuff like that. but that would be only for EU (eu-Energy Unit?) gathering, not for MJ (MJ-Mega Joule) (buildcraft\forestry energy).

So. About that.
    Well i didn't liked some textures and tried to make my own.
    And i though that i could suggest to put in,
    or give some ideas for those who created textures and fix them a bit.
    Idk if you will see good, but that's what i would like to see.
    I fixed/changed:

• melons n pumpkins
    • stickcanes
    • tulips
    • cocao beans
    • steams
    • And smaaaal change for first stage of weeds to see that its really a weed :D
      well i just added few dots but it now looks more messy and not like nice plant.

BTW. Fix for melons and pumpkins in my opinion is really needed :D
    because in default they are small and on top of steams.
    I made them bigger and be more on ground behind steams.

I could get more photos for more crops but im just not at it yet :D

So here some screenshots how Pumpkins and melons look like.

Well for me it looks awesome! :D

More Screenshots will come if i will be not lazy and get those stickcanes, tulips and cacao.

So. About that.
    I fixed/changed:

• melons n pumpkins
    • stickcanes
    • tulips
    • cocao beans
    • steams

So here some screenshots how Pumpkins and melons look like.

More Screenshots will come if i will be not lazy and get those stickcanes, tulips and cacao.

Nuclear reactor isnt dangerous at all :D you just need 2layers of reinforced stone and your safe. but you also have to make sure that your weakest points (cabels) are also safe. that would be like this. if you have cabel going from your reactour, you should bend it after 2 layers of stone to lets say right and then make wall of 2 or 1 layer reinforced steel where that hole is. well like this
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: ... :Reactor:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Glass Fibre: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :MFS-Unit: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: reinforced stone
    :Coal Chunk: anyblock

Solar is basic if your playing only with this mod. but if you have redpower added, then watermills are best. im making 12eu/t with my 6 water mills and it takes small amount of space. its all about tubing and deployer that fills buckets and filter that takes buckets to watermills and retryver that takes empty buckets back to deployer. so my MFE is always full :D

So. About that.
    I fixed/changed:

• melons n pumpkins
    • stickcanes
    • tulips
    • cocao beans
    • steams

NEW Pictures added!!

BTW more textures and convercation in other posts