Posts by Kallen

After reading multiple peoples research on other plants, Ferru to be exact, I believe that it's going to take something a bit more creative to get RedWheat. Seeing as how Ferru grows to a certain stage unless it has iron then it blooms I'm thinking the possibility of throwing some redstone ore, using silk touch pickaxe if possible, underneath the crossbreeding area and trying to breed wheat with roses or possible Ferru due to Ferru having the same properties as what RedWheat has. That's my opinion I have yet to breed up to anything past pumpkins and stickyreeds and delves into the underground have come up with naught in the cocoa/melon department but I'm persevering hoping either to find a chest with them in it or possibly crossbreed at least melons from pumpkins and who knows what. Going back to my garden now I seem to have gotten new growth and I'm still calculating results and breeding stronger plants.

Edit: Current status of new Breeding area awaiting more wheat seeds while keeping tabs on first test subject.
    [1,3,2] [ ] [2,0,0]

Underneath crossbreeds is redstone ore, redstone torch and redstone cataloging results from here on.

Yea I know there are a bunch of posts here already but I'm gonna be a bit more... Precise with my data lol. I wanted to get a little bit of a good standing in my server before I started posting about my results so far and future results. Hope no one minds me ranting randomly about my own results which likely will suck but its part of trial and error right? On to my cropxperimentational data... Wow that's a mouthful X3.

Currently I have two areas, Crop Crossbreeding Seed Strengthening area Mk1 and Breeder Mk1. The setup of which Is basically
    :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Bio Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: For Strengthening
    :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Coolant Cell:
    :Bio Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Bio Cell:
    :Coolant Cell: :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball: :Coolant Cell:
    :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Bio Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell:

== :Compressed Plantball: For Crossbreeding
    :Compressed Plantball: :Advanced Machine: :Compressed Plantball:
    == :Compressed Plantball:

:Coolant Cell: =Water :Bio Cell: =Grass :Compressed Plantball: =Plant :Advanced Machine: =CrossCrops

Now then after a good amount of experimentation I have come from Reeds and Wheat to Reeds Wheat Pumpkins and StickyReeds. I know I can use flowers but I haven't had many Roses and Dandelions in my area so they are currently in the midst of being bred to be placed eventually in the strengthening area where I take the strongest I find over to the crossbreeding area in an attempt to possibly get Melons at least to try and get more interesting things. Now on to my current things.

In the Reed area I have six line up in two rows to cross breed them into stronger reeds and sometimes other things. Their current stats are,
    [3,1,3] [ ] [1,4,1]
    [3,3,3] [ ] [3,0,2]
    [3,0,2] [ ] [3,0,2]
    Next up I have Wheat in the same pattern,
    [0,2,2] [ ] [2,3,1]
    [0,3,0] [ ] [3,0,2]
    [2,2,1] [ ] [3,1,0]
    Pumpkins,
    [4,3,2] [ ] [4,4,0]
    [2,2,3] [ ] [3,2,1]
    [3,1,2] [ ] [6,7,2]
    StickyReeds
    [5,6,4] [ ] [1,5,5]
    [1,5,2] [ ] [3,3,5]
    [3,5,2] [ ] [5,7,1]
    And finally my Breeder which needs new plants in it currently is Reed [3,2,3] Wheat [2,1,1] Pumpkin [3,2,5] and StickyReed [1,2,3] in the following configuration.
    =====[3,2,3]
    [1,2,3] [ ] [2,1,1]
    =====[3,2,5]

[!,@,#] ! = Gr @ = Ga # = Res

Now then from my results it took me 4 generations of Wheat and Reeds to make Sticky Reeds, 1 generation of Sticky Reeds to make Pumpkins. Generations are based on how many times I have checked the cross crop for new growth. After setting up the Breeder Mk1 it took 1 generation to get roses from Pumpkins, Reeds, S.R., and Wheat. Breeder Mk1 is currently on generation 3 the last 2 generations being weeds.

I'd like to treat this as basically a real scientific study. You could consider my crop strengthening area to be my Control Groups and the Breeder Mk1 to be my Test Group. I have yet to add Hydration and Fertilization to the mix as these are radicals that I'd like to have either 3 more Breeders, with the same setup so that I can get accurate results when adding nothing to one fertilizer to another hydration to the third and both to the fourth, or a more accurate way to measure hydration and fertilization on more than just "1 fert here with 1 hydrate".

If any other cropxpermintal scientists would like to share results that are detailed I believe it would benefit the entire cropxperimental scientific board. By detailed I mean stats of your plants, the types, generations, and anything else you find relevant to the future of cropxperimentation.