Posts by Kallen

Alright I can already say the three dirt blocks isn't correct. My farms are stationed on top of red power trees and are 3 blocks deep, 2 are dirt and the center is water for keeping the dirt wet so it doesn't disappear when I till the land. I grow Cocoa very easily without three blocks of dirt. My post actually has a picture of a watermelon, pumpkin, and cocoa bean plant growing together at elevation 89. If you take a look at the minimap you can actually see the large square block with a dark outline because its so high up.

Yea I have multiple seeds melons, wheat, cocoa, blackthorn, rose, dandelion, stickyreeds, reeds, and cynthian... cyn... what ever lol. I have lots already and I'm still expanding upon them and growing and what not.

Still setting up methods for myself to be able to survive without having to hunt or something hehe. I feel like an elf. I work with plants live in a tree and eat lots of bread. Just call me Arya haha.

The new research center I have set up may not look cool... Until you look out the window realize your up 10 meters starring at an active volcano while sitting inside currently three redpower trees looking over a couple cave entrances. So yea it might not be pretty but it is pretty cool hehe.

Thats what I mean haha I'm saying try and give your new workshop a bit of elevation. You may also want to build some kind of darker room to attempt to breed red wheat.

Very nice but from what I've read in other reports the higher/more space a plant has the faster and better it grows. I myself used to have rather weak Reeds and now have ones with 9,9,9 as their stats with no hydration or fertilization to them.

Oh I know but both of them got Minecraft like a month ago and have yet to look at a wiki for any of these mods on Tekkit lol so I'm doing the smartest thing possible... Letting them nuke themselves while I find a home thousands of meters away lol.

You can post your progress here if you'd like :3 but no they don't understand how to make it they've already asked if they can load it up with Uranium cells. I told them go look it up if they wanna build it but I'm out lol after the last issue with the engines I'm not gonna sit around and let one of them blow up the place.

Info from other sectors would be great hehe. I like to keep records on my stuff and share results in rather detailed things so the sharing of results with your sector would be awesome :3. My results for now will be a little lacking due to me having to move everything since the other two scientists decided to build a nuclear reactor and have no clue how so I'm moving far FAR away.

Alright so I decided to give everyone a small pic of one portion of my farm. Cookies for anyone who can name them :3

Recent spelunking in nearby caverns has rewarded us with Cocoa beans crossbreeding has immediately started with a nearby sticky read to attempt to make stronger plants as sticky reed is our strongest and fastest plant. Current projections look promising for this plant as we plan to cross breed it and melons thoroughly as we seem to have run out of ideas with the rest.
    On a side note I'm hoping this speeds up the process of growth... I want cookies :3

-Connection Established-
    This just in from my sector we have crossbred Roses and Sticky Reeds to create Watermelons. Further analysis is in progress will keep posted on developments of this. Also the stats of each item
    Rose 1 : 3,2,3
    Rose 2 : 0,2,0
    SReed : 5,5,0
    Patterned out in,
    R [ ] R
    ==S

Ended up breaking a square of dirt and putting water there so it acts as a mini personal irrigator for each plant area.

Recently I've spent 4-5 MC days building up a new breeding area... It basically has one area of dirt then an area of water on top followed by another layer of dirt over the water to make a dirt and water sandwich 23x23. Current problem is the irrigation water doesn't seem to want to irrigate. Suggestions?

It was about 24 combustion engines running under a nearby lake that I was using as a place for infinite water now its a large crater the only thing that survived in the area around the lake are the pumps though the torches hooked up to the engines beside them weren't as lucky a good amount of golden piping was also lost but that is easier to replace than the engines and biogas. Currently the other scientists are working on either replacing the engines or making a new system that isn't as... combustable. As for the chunk border no but the last person to log off forgot to turn off the engines so they ran till they ran out of water which caused a very bad chain reaction. Luckily we only have a couple "needed" machines so they're running off electric engines currently since someone took the time to build a back up power plant elsewhere that uses IC2 power and Forestry engines it's slow but it works till we get things back up where engines are concerned. I however have set up some compact solar panels and a tree house inside of a RedPower rubber tree and created a giant area above the tree to test what is left of my plants after the explosion.

-Connection Reestablished-...
    Alright I'm back... it seems we had a meltdown in an underground facility that caused... well lots of damage and two fatalities... The bodies haven't been found we assume them to be incinerated. On the bright side we received a shipment of fertilizer soon after so we can look into multiple different setups for the new Mk2 breeding and crossbreeding area. Due to the possibility of future explosions occurring we have move the grounds to the top of a large rubber tree in hopes of preventing further crop loss and damage from combustion and possible nuclear meltdown. Power supplies are currently being looked into for recharging of crystals for cropnalysis. Current elevation is 84 old elevation 63 current hydration and water levels in the area is minimal. We shall run some tests to see the affects of this on the plants before making experimental groups and testing them with hydration, fertilzation, and lastly both.

-Connection Lost- (lolz we are having issues in the server please stay tuned for more of me tripping over myself as I try and make better crops :3)

First attempts at making it aren't going well lack of light means nothing wants to grow and the wooden bunker I created while dark is to dark to get anything to grow so I'm gonna test a few different things when I get on later. The not having magic seems a bit odd considering the plant gives redstone but currently I have all my plants at 63 so within the next day or so I'll work on making a garden ontop of either my home or the nearby RedPower tree.