Posts by kovarex

I've played the demo v0.24 , it is very cool in my opinion, i love it. All its automation stuff are nice, however there is currently only a non-renewable way to get electricity.
    Will there be something like windmills or solar panels in the future? Also a nuclear reactor (and uranium) would be nice.
    I don't know if these are already planned but these are just my toughts.

We have lot of plans obviously :)
    For the electricity there is very rough direction explained here: http://kovarex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

I've tested it, and I love it. Now you should decide if it will became a strategy game, or an ... Adventure ? (what is MC, apart from Sandbox ?) game. Because for now the role of the character is kind of strange: it looks like its only to be the mouse of any strategy based game, but your mouse can here be killed and need "upgrades" to move faster on the map ^^. Or, you could also makes more things that requires the character: more efficient research way, "dungeons" like, where you could get some cool stff if you've defeated the creatures keeping it before, IC² like Reactor System, and maybe some interesting ore that would be harvest in less than 1 minute, very rare, making the exploration useful (for that, you could implement some "cave", that would be available once you've found the way to go in. The point of all that ? Making the game more Role Play.

Hi, yes I couldn't agree more with this post.
    1) One of the things we were considering very seriously is to have some end game feature, we were calling it "throne room", player would enter it, and he could start control the game in rts style, at this phase, he would already have robots for building stuff, and units to fight, so he would just order what needs to be done in bigger scale.
    2) Yes, rare stuff, dungeons, rare special enemy bases with unique items, all this is being considered, very small hint that this direction is planned is the fact, that advanced technologies need alien science packs, and these are created from alien artecfacts found only alien bases (after you destroy them).
    3) Yes, caves that would vary in difficulty and would require better and upgraded equipmenet is also something that I can imagine to have.
    4) Rare ores hard to find, or requiring lot of resources and technology to get, yes.

Finally after playing this game, I have just one comment: Please add melee weapon, because if somehow you run out of ammo, you are screwed

You are not the first one to point this out, ok we will add the possibility to use the axe as weapon, but don't expect it to be very powerful :)

Thank you for the support!
    This kind of comment helps our morale a lot. We enjoy playing the game, but we don't know if other people would like it as well.

The best way anyone can help is to spread the word, not many people know about our game, we are ready to accept the failure because people don't like it, but it would be shame to loose just because we know nothing about marketing.

Thank you for the suggestion, we are planning to try the greenlight for sure.

One of the main motivations of the campaign for us is not only to get the money, but also to find out, if we can find enough ppl that would actually like the game, to know if it is relevant for us to continue with the developement.

Hello,
    I always loved minecraft mods like industrial craft, but limitations of minecraft were my motivation to create something on my own.
    We exchanged the 3rd dimension of minecraft for the possibility to make things bigger.

http://www.indiegogo.com/factorio

I will be thankful for any comments either here or on the indiegogo page.

.2 eu loss per-block. Regardless of packet size. All answers are rounded up. So up to x4 blocks for copper (.8 loss) the answer is rounded up, and no loss occurs.

Yes Every packet looses .2 eu every block regardless of packet size (rounding is done at the end, so it doesn't concern me now), so when I transfer 2EU/T (first line of the table) I can:

A) transfer it in 2EU-P at rate one packet/t, so EU loss is 0.2 per t per block

B)
    transfer the same amount of energy in 32EU-P, so I send 1 packet every
    16ticks, so I lose 0.2 EU per block only once every 16 ticks, thus amortized
    loss per tick is 0.2/16 = 0.0125

Edit: It is also the same as the formula on the wiki Total (EE/b) per tick = (EU/t)/(EU-P)*EU/b
    So larger EU-P has to mean smaller energy loss.

I understand that, when you use copper cable, up to 4 blocks the loss is 0 regardless of packet size, but if you tansfer over 5 blocks, with 2EU-P is the loss 0.2EU = 10%, and with 32-EU-P is the loss same (0.2EU), once very 16 ticks = 0.6% energy loss

Edit: I will test it on IC2 when I get home.

Hello, I just studied the voltage efficiency at http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…=Cable#Voltage_Efficiency, and either I got it wrong or there is error in the table, could you help me to clarify?

When 2EU/t goes through copper cable (insulated) with EU-P=2 it is 1 packet/t, so the loss should be 0.2 (EU per t per block) as it is in the table.

When it is 2EU/t but EU-P is 32 (so it is 1/16 packet/t, or one packet per 16 t), I would expect the loss to be 0.2/16 = 0.0125, but the wiki states the loss is the same as with 2EU-P = 0.2, isn't it strange?

The same issue is with all the values where EU-P > EU/T