Factorio

• Hello,
    I always loved minecraft mods like industrial craft, but limitations of minecraft were my motivation to create something on my own.
    We exchanged the 3rd dimension of minecraft for the possibility to make things bigger.

http://www.indiegogo.com/factorio

I will be thankful for any comments either here or on the indiegogo page.

• Seems extremely cool! :)

Unfortunately I cannot donate to this game with the same reason I cannot directly buy legit Minecraft, but if this game is released, I will definitely buy it!

Do you want to release this game on Steam? You can use $100 to get this game to the Steam Greenlight, and then if this game is on Steam, then there is Steam Workshop that is good for mods! Although I didn't really understand the Steam requirements, as that requirements seems to spook Notch out of releasing Minecraft on Steam...

Off-topic

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Thank you for the suggestion, we are planning to try the greenlight for sure.

One of the main motivations of the campaign for us is not only to get the money, but also to find out, if we can find enough ppl that would actually like the game, to know if it is relevant for us to continue with the developement.

• That is exceptionally awesome-looking, thank you for posting this. I'm still a few days away from my paycheck, but I'll certainly be sending some cash your way when I can.

• ahhhhahaha, THIS IS AWESOME!

Just played through the demo, I really really really hope this project manages to continue. Donating now

The game is almost exactly the essence of why I still play minecraft with mods.

sweet!

I don't know how to code, but would like to help.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Thank you for the support!
    This kind of comment helps our morale a lot. We enjoy playing the game, but we don't know if other people would like it as well.

The best way anyone can help is to spread the word, not many people know about our game, we are ready to accept the failure because people don't like it, but it would be shame to loose just because we know nothing about marketing.

• Finally after playing this game, I have just one comment: Please add melee weapon, because if somehow you run out of ammo, you are screwed

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Finally after playing this game, I have just one comment: Please add melee weapon, because if somehow you run out of ammo, you are screwed

You are not the first one to point this out, ok we will add the possibility to use the axe as weapon, but don't expect it to be very powerful :)

• Factorio seems to be very promising, I will wait for a while and see where it goes, before deciding on it. :)

Seems very interesting.

• I've tested it, and I love it. Now you should decide if it will became a strategy game, or an ... Adventure ? (what is MC, apart from Sandbox ?) game. Because for now the role of the character is kind of strange: it looks like its only to be the mouse of any strategy based game, but your mouse can here be killed and need "upgrades" to move faster on the map ^^. Or, you could also makes more things that requires the character: more efficient research way, "dungeons" like, where you could get some cool stff if you've defeated the creatures keeping it before, IC² like Reactor System, and maybe some interesting ore that would be harvest in less than 1 minute, very rare, making the exploration useful (for that, you could implement some "cave", that would be available once you've found the way to go in. The point of all that ? Making the game more Role Play.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I've tested it, and I love it. Now you should decide if it will became a strategy game, or an ... Adventure ? (what is MC, apart from Sandbox ?) game. Because for now the role of the character is kind of strange: it looks like its only to be the mouse of any strategy based game, but your mouse can here be killed and need "upgrades" to move faster on the map ^^. Or, you could also makes more things that requires the character: more efficient research way, "dungeons" like, where you could get some cool stff if you've defeated the creatures keeping it before, IC² like Reactor System, and maybe some interesting ore that would be harvest in less than 1 minute, very rare, making the exploration useful (for that, you could implement some "cave", that would be available once you've found the way to go in. The point of all that ? Making the game more Role Play.

Hi, yes I couldn't agree more with this post.
    1) One of the things we were considering very seriously is to have some end game feature, we were calling it "throne room", player would enter it, and he could start control the game in rts style, at this phase, he would already have robots for building stuff, and units to fight, so he would just order what needs to be done in bigger scale.
    2) Yes, rare stuff, dungeons, rare special enemy bases with unique items, all this is being considered, very small hint that this direction is planned is the fact, that advanced technologies need alien science packs, and these are created from alien artecfacts found only alien bases (after you destroy them).
    3) Yes, caves that would vary in difficulty and would require better and upgraded equipmenet is also something that I can imagine to have.
    4) Rare ores hard to find, or requiring lot of resources and technology to get, yes.

• Official Post

I've played the demo v0.24 , it is very cool in my opinion, i love it. All its automation stuff are nice, however there is currently only a non-renewable way to get electricity.
    Will there be something like windmills or solar panels in the future? Also a nuclear reactor (and uranium) would be nice.
    I don't know if these are already planned but these are just my toughts.

• I've played the demo v0.24 , it is very cool in my opinion, i love it. All its automation stuff are nice, however there is currently only a non-renewable way to get electricity.
    Will there be something like windmills or solar panels in the future? Also a nuclear reactor (and uranium) would be nice.
    I don't know if these are already planned but these are just my toughts.

We have lot of plans obviously :)
    For the electricity there is very rough direction explained here: http://kovarex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

• No, you won't spam Windmill on another game SpwnX! ^^. Solar Pannels are already implemented, but you'll need the full game ^^.
    I told you you would love it :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

No, you won't spam Windmill on another game SpwnX! ^^. Solar Pannels are already implemented, but you'll need the full game ^^.
    I told you you would love it :D

Hope i will be able to play it for free, as i can't spend any more money on games.
    Also wind energy is being discussed. =D