Posts by MiK3gamer

hey. i just installed this addon, and it crashed my game.

i simply put the zip fie into my mod folder ... was that wrong?

well ...
    i hope i will have enough diamonds for glas fiber cable. but i think i don't ...
    i don't know the exact distance between my powerplant and my base, but i guess HV (with 4x ins HV cable) will have less energy loss than MV
    i also thought of upgrading everything to MV or even HV (using transformer upgrades for mashines) ... but the problem is that some mashines can't use upgrades! like the pump and the cropmatron! so i have to go with some LV too.

hi.
    i wonder how i am supposed to calculate the energy loss for my future builds, after i got confused like this.
    wiki sais ...
    2x ins gold cable: 0,4 eu/tick energyloss per block
    3x ins HV cable: 0,8 eu/tick energyloss per block

my testing setup:

MFE -> 64x gold cable (2x insulated) -> MFE
    that got me 103 eu/tick of energy trasfer. tested with my eu-reader

mfe -> mv transformer creating High voltage -> 62x HV Cable (3x insulated) -> mv transformer creating medium voltage -> MFE
    that got me something between 112 and 117 eu/tick

so the wiki tells me that gold has 0,4EU loss per block. that's 25eu using 64 cables.
    128 - 25 = 103
    ok.

the wiki tells me that a HV cable has a loss of 0,8 eu/tick. that would be 50 eu/tick
    128 - 50 = 112??? not really
    i think that does not match the wiki (or there is some missing information about the voltage?)

can anyone tell me with distance is good for wich kind of coltage and cable? (i guess it makes no sense to use HV cables for a 5 blocks distance)
    i am totally confused because of that test

good to know.
    but too bad that i can't update my minecraft to 1.2.4 because i am using mods, wich are not updated to minecraft 1.2.4 yet (buildcraft, redpower ...)
    and i dont think that i can use IC² 1.90 with MC 1.2.3 ... but i will try it ^^

by the way: i hope that i will find a way to manually update to 1.2.4 when the other mods are updated (the minecraft launcher always updates to the newest version, wich would be 1.2.5 ... that's silly)

hi guys.
    i sadly still have to use ic² version 1.81 because i am using buildcraft and redpower, wich aren't updated to minecraft 1.2.4 (or 1.2.5) yet ...
    whatever ...
    i got a problem with the cropnalizer. it doesn't accept any kind of battery.
    i but my bag of seed in the upper left corner, and grab my fully charged re-battery. i try to put the battery in the upper left slot of the cropnalizer GUI, butnothing happens.
    if you dont know exactly what i mean, i can do make a quick video.

is that a known bug with the cropnalizer? is it maybe already fixed in 1.90?
    i also thought that i was doing something wrong, but the wiki tells me to do exactly what i am doing.