Posts by Mostlydave

That has nothing to do with disliking the Suggestion, its just plain logic, or do you see People IRL who power their Ovens directly with the heat of a Mark III Nuclearreactor, which is in their kitchen?

Oh and i fixed your Quote from passinglurker.

I don't really agree with the suggestion either but the logic of it does make sense:
    IRL I don't have an induction furnace in my kitchen, but if did and I also had a nuclear reactor in there which generated some excess heat it makes sense that the induction furnace could utilize the heat from the reactor to maintain it's heat level.

Again I really don't think this is a great suggestion, but at the same time I don't think every new member that posts an unpopular idea needs bashed like this.

ALL THREE TYPES OF THINGS YOU SUGGESTED ARE ALREADY DENIED

Type 1 New Generators
    Type 2 New Batteries
    Type 3 Nuclear Batteries (also presuggested)

And you didn't even worked your suggestion out, so please stop trying to get a Facepalm from me.

I accidentally submitted while typing and you replied before I finished and submitted, please check out the finished post.

My newest suggestion, add a Radioisotope thermoelectric generator\Battery to IC2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R…_thermoelectric_generator

RTG's are used in space probes and in extremely remote applications on Earth.

The RTG would act like a battery but would use a Uranium Cell instead of being charged, once the battery is depleted it would need to be placed in a compressor with a Uranium Cell to refill it.

The recipe could be Nuclear Reactor surrounded by integrated reactor plating and a MFS or MFSU on top:

:Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: :Reactor: :Intergrated Plating: = :Advanced Machine:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

As for power output and overall quantity of power generated from the RTG, I would like to see it be able to run a miner, I'm not really sure about the numbers.

What does everyone think about he recipe and power levels?

p.s. I've said it before(during the last "Y U NO UPDATE?" rush). FenixR is part of our self policing system if you are not mature enough or emotionally stable enough to handle what he dishes out then you should leave

The self policing policy is a self proclaimed "asshole" that brags about waiting for his next victim in his profile? FenixR is a troll. How does Posting rude and insulting comments on almost every thread created on the forum help anything?

I understand not everyone is going to like all suggestions but we don't need to be rude insulting and childish when we respond to ideas we don't like.

Induction furnace heating up next to, and absorbing heat from a reactor is a good idea! Here's one thing that needs heat and another with excess heat, it's a no brainier!

FenixR is an idiot, it's not his mod or his forum but you'll see he acts like it is and is extremely rude to everyone especially people with good ideas! I've never participated in a forum with so many openly rude and for no reason mean to new people with good ideas, maybe he's butt hurt he didn't think of it or he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters, either way if I were you and you suggest a good idea like this one, ignore the trolls, nothing seems to upset them more than a good idea!

+1 for a blocky translucent HUD for jet pack, bat pack, and armor status! Maybe take it a step further and add a pair of goggles or helmet upgrade that adds augmented reality in the game, such as cross hairs over a battery box and it's power and charge info shows up in the HUD! Reactor show temp etc...

Industrial Terminator Vision FTW!!!

The IC2 Api is there, if pchan wants to include electrical power it just need to include the api in his mod and do the proper calls.

Don't expect any from the IC2 Dev team will bother making a patch/plugin to that mod (Unless one of the devs also uses that mod and likes it).

Awesome! I'll let the author of this mod know about the API and maybe he'll include it with his next update!

I'd like to suggest that someone update the compendium thread and also add a clearly understandable last updated date to it!

I know that as a new member here I looked it over and didn't realize how old it is.

With all the "use the search" replies I see here you would think more effort would be made to keep it up to date!

I think it's a great idea! And I have less than 5-10 posts!

OMG!!! How dare people come to a forum and not read the whole thing before posting!

There's a compendium thread here, why not take some of that newb bashing energy over there and maybe update the thing!

Well, maybe someone should put a bold last modified date on the compendium, I know when I saw it I thought it was up to date and, I didn't search because there is a convenient compendium right there!

I'll check out the force field mod for sure, I just think it seems odd to build a large reinforced structure with a hole in it! What would happen n The event of an explosion with a 1x1 hole? Would the blast only affect a 1x1 beam out of the hole? Or would it be a regular blast?

so how do you plan to change the uranium then? look at the force field addon

use a magnetizer and metal boots

denied before alblaka maybe already working on it

it helps if you actually read the compendium plus you most also run a search your self.

I plan on changing the uranium with the door on the wall, wires going thru doors doesn't make much sense does it?

Force fields are an add on, so they're not in the compendium, what I'm talking about is getting the power out of your reactor housing without holes.

I actually did read the compendium, but thanks fort he total doucher reply! it sure does make a new guy feel welcome!

My ideas:

Reinforced stone wire coupler, pass wire thru reinforced stone reactor walls

Elevators 4x4 electric elevator possibly using mining machine shaft to dig hole

Electric cart: use brass rails and new cart with engine to eliminate redstone powered track

I didn't see these in be compendium, let me know what you think!