Posts by Quintine

Ill tell you why you would use a fusion reactor over a tree.
    Because to produce 32000EU/t you would need 3200 Generators. Instead you could just use a few thorium in a reactor, perhaps just make 1 solar panel, it can produce infinite EU if you leave it for an infinite amount of time

Perhaps http://atomicstryker.net/minefactoryreloaded.html
    If that mod is there I have a faint memory of it registering its steel as refined iron

This is the default mod list on a quick inspection

I think its something that is a nice bonus if you take the time to manually mine the stuff. Some of the later diamond uses can get pretty hefty. I just got commissioned to setup an IDSU system for my server, that took it out of me :P (No im not running cheaper Sapphire/Ruby Lap crystal recepies) It seems like a fair tradeoff.

I could see it getting a bit wonkey using cheap lapatron crystals with redpower and the diamond setup, but even then, its not amazingly OP
    I really think some centrifuge recepie for the nikolite would be quite handy.

64x + 1 Cell = 48Redstone / 4 Tiny Diamond Dust / 8 Tiny Silver Dust / Lithium Cell

I say because a good mystcraft mining world, a bit of coal and a reasonable autocrafting system is much quicker and easier than manually digging up a bit of nikolite, also a 2nd method of getting lithium other than clay would be useful.

I know mistaqur mentioned many posts back (in the 100ish range) that they would be working on RC compatability but I have this feeling that to get compat you may need to overload the miner, which means a whole shitload of work. I know greg has said he does not want to do that, and I think he also wants the RC as a manual tool only.

Edit: The only clean way I could see of doing this would be to remove the recepie of the current miner, add your own miner that is a clone in every way to the old miner but has some form of api tio add tools to it.

Well i figure greg has some way to work out what to set the recipes to turn into, hence the centrifuge now outputting whatever ingot the unification settings are set to.
    So an option to remove the old recipes and instead use gregs new ones depending on the unification settings should work reasonably well.

Edit: There are also the forestry squeezer recipes that give forestry tin occasionally. Also the crated tin/copper/silver recipes.

Edit2: Have you thought about making the Gas turbine a multiblock structure? Using the casings in a 3x3x4 blast furnace style. Different casings equate to different pressure of the gas contained, allowing for varying EU/t output scaling from 130-600ish (Consuming more gas)
    This could also allow for a supercharger type of block to be attached to the turbine that takes compressed air cells to increase the EU/t output by a % without using significant amounts of extra gas)
    Using an additional supercharger block could allow for multiple to be attached to provide the same efficiency as the compression of gas increases as with a real engine (So more air needs to be pushed in to get similar % increases)

Edit3: Perhaps some sort of power curve like http://imgur.com/9LEOZ where a poor setup will result in a stalled generator.

With the unification have you considered removing IC2's default Dust > IC2Ingot recipes and replace them with a Dust > ModIngot

Copper Dust to Copper
    Tin Dust to Tin

I think that would really finalize the unification

Edit: Forestry Copper/Tin Smelting recipes as well.

Ill just step back and talk game-play for a second, a great way to power a matterfab before you have a fusion system up and running is using a nuclear farm. The use of auto-crafting tables takes away the tedium of making reactor parts.

I have been using this design (A bit inefficient but I use this because the parts are then reused in later reactor setups)
    It pushes out a solid EU/t

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…e07brbka9j2sgmue47nu5i8e8

It also uses a good ratio of Thorium : Plutonium which can be produced on mass from a good set of breeder reactors.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…k781dna92yswkh2x2fe0vii9s

I personally use Fenrir's reactor bits, but 3 of these work quite well and 1 Cycle from them will provide enough power to run my 16 reactors for quite a while.
    If you have them, use logistics pipes, the breeders provide enough power to keep the logistics system functioning and they save some severe headaches from manually swapping items around.

None of the copyrighted content is being altered.
    Altering recipes is easy and is done by many other mods, 1 mods sole purpose is the alteration of recipes.

As far as ethical grounds, the default setting for the recipe alteration is set to false, it doesn't even change the recipe unless the user chooses to do so.
    So far the only mods gregtech changes by default are IC2, BC, Vanilla, and removes an exploit when IC2 and Forestry are in use together.

If your saying that gregtech should remove the ability for the user to easily alter a recepie if they so choose then you are also saying that mods like Customstuff and Customrecipes that allow the user to easily alter recipes should also be squashed.