Posts by Flexico

Why are you using such OP mod :( , there are many better ways to get energy than using it.
    Instead of blaze rods, try getting a wood farm -> charcoal -> generators.

Or you can try one of my (not so) famous Windmill Farms. [Link is at my signature]

I'm still in the experimental stage of my personal modpack, and that one may end up getting cut. I just liked the idea of getting points for killing lots of stuff, almost like an old-school arcade game. XD

IC2 teleporters take ALOT of power, just warning you.

As for near-depleted uranium? It's a config option :)

I am aware of that, haha! I have plans for a plutonium reactor, so I should be good! And on the far end of the teleporter, I'm going to try using a Teir 5 Blaze soul shard to make lots of blaze rods to pump into a wall of generators, hopefully that'll be able to keep up! =3

Oh, really? Hmm ... does it just restore the old crafting recipe, or does it allow the new auto-canning machine to do it?

ALSO ... I am disappointed that the :Chainsaw: is no longer called "Chainsaw" haha. XD

If you know how to use MCEDIT you can prone your base and regenerate the whole world (with GregTech ores)

Actually, I was planning to travel faaaaaarrrrrrrr away from my base and set up a teleport system, since I haven't actually used IC2 teleporters before. =P And I am very glad to hear that the End ores spawn on lots of asteroids so that there aren't a finite amount of them! XD

Also, I notice that you can no longer make near-depleted uranium cells straight from a uranium ingot anymore ... is there still a way to do that, or do I have to get them from spent uranium fuel cells?

Best backup your world first. I still am mad at Thaumcraft at putting a great wood tree and cave spider spawner in my machines.

Oh snap son! Blast those voodoo magics! XD

Yes, as long you have the IC² config "hide secret recipes" disabled.
    IC² mass fab is a bit cheaty =P.

I wonder what you gonna do when you reach fusion reactor tier (one fusion reactor, when properly set and automated) can give about 40k EU/t.

Woooooow, haha! XD Maybe I will use the new Matter Fabricator. Can it be made without the new ores? Oh heck, I'll go check a wiki for that. XD

I am seriously weakening. XD I do actually like all of the new crafting recipes; the power tools should be harder to make than they are. I'm actually planning to make it so you need to beat a Wither first to make both Quantum armor and the Modular Powersuit. Specifically, a Nether Star surrounded by 4 advanced circuits and 4 iridium plates gives 16 Uber Circuits, which are needed for said armor. I have a little more to learn about Java before I can do that though. XD

The only thing I don't like is the mass fabrication nerf (though it is more realistic, and gives you a reason to make uber-high-powered reactors). Can I disable that, along with all worldgen added? I mean, can I get by without the added ores?

I have seriously considered Gregtech, but in the mod pack I'm putting together, I'm trying to keep the addition of new ores, items and worldgen to a minimum, so I'd much rather have it added to vanilla IC². Also, I just don't like the idea of waste in general; cells should never have been consumed like that to begin with, IMO.

I knooooooow, Alblaka has been unreachable for, what, over a year now?

I have a solar-powered Steve's cart managing an automatic wheat farm and I want
    to use all the extra wheat and seeds that come out as bio-fuel with IC2.
    However, in order to make bio-fuel I need to stick the plant-balls into
    tin cells, which get consumed/destroyed when I put the fuel into a can
    using a canning machine, so the system will need to have tin continually
    supplied, which will keep it from being fully self-sustaining. It would be WONDERFUL if I could get the empty cells back to recycle them.

I thought of perhaps using some of the power produced by burning the fuel in a generator to make some UU-M to make more tin, but it turns out (unsurprisingly) that the energy required to make the necessary amount of tin (148,600 EU) is greater than the amount I get from burning the fuel in a generator (104,160). XD