Posts by SirCB85

How about:

16 obsidian = 12 iron = 3 gold
    .... 64 obsidian = 12 gold
    12 gold = 1.5 diamonds ??? [nvm still 3 diamonds; EE is just plain silly -but you did skip a step somewhere ... nvm you confused me with the 4 gold ore = 8 dust = 8 ingots = 1 diamond (making me think 8 gold = 1 diamond)]

Yaeah, sorry for that. As I mentioned above, it was a typo, and where I stated half a Diamond more for doing the long run without IC² was just fail in math on my side, too ;)

You macerated the gold ore. 64 obsidian = 12 gold ore = 12 gold ingots = 2 diamonds.
    vs 64 obsidian = 8 lapis ore = 2 diamonds.

Yes I did, but even without macerating it would net me 12 Gold Ingots. At a rate of 4 Gold Ingots per Diamond, that would make 3 Diamonds, right?
    BTW found a typo in the last line of the long way, it should read:
    4 Gold Ore = 8 Golddust = 8 Goldingots = 2 Diamond | 64 Obsidian = 12 Gold Ore = 24 Gold Ingots = 6 Diamonds

Edit to accompany your edit: yes you are right, but still if you take the nummer of the Diamonds through maceration by half, it makes one Diamond more then goeing the short way :)
    Edit3: Damn, cant make a buildcraft buildingline out of that, because you cant turn Obsidian into Ive by using the Philosophers Stone on a crafting table :-/

Well, I just started using EE in conjunction with IC² and did some Math.

Could someone comment if I just miscalculated something? Because it strikes me as odd you would get half a Diamond extra per Obsidian Stack by going the long path even without macerating the Gold Ore.

Yup, as you said: I shift-clicked on lower window in generator with builded-in battery, where fuel burns producing and storing energy

I got the same problem when I empty my Geothermal Generator by shift-clicking when this would generate a new stack in my inventory, ie when I got 2 Lavacells in inventory and pull 62 out of the generator this way it seems to work, but when it exceeds the current stack by even one the game crashes. but everything works perfectly when I just drag & drop everything manualy.