Posts by scienceguy8

I agree a bit with above, but also ... why the title said "MUSIC box" ? I just don't see the point xD (reference to dishonored ?)

In the video game Dishonored, you play the bodyguard of an Empress of an alternate reality Europe. After her death, your framing for her death, your escape from jail, and your inheriting magical powers from a strange being, you set out to set things right. One of the enemies in the game are soldiers belonging to a church who oppose the stranger who gave you your powers. One of their weapons against followers of the stranger are music boxes that produce a tone that neutralizes magic.

I'm in agreement with others in this thread. It seems needlessly complicated and would most likely only be used to troll those who prefer to use magic mods rather than industrial mods on multiplayer servers. It also does not seem to fit thematically. Why a music box? Why copy Dishonored? If this idea is implemented, and given the number of vanilla functions and the ungodly number of magic mods it would have to interact with to do so, I highly doubt it will be, it would most likely be some sort of technological device, like a machine that can generate a magic-like energy and feed it out of phase with the magic in the environment to cancel it out.

Decided to give the IC2 Miner a try since the Buildcraft Quarry can't do what I need it to do. I'm playing with Thaumcraft 2. Thaumcraft 2 introduces crystals that can be found buried underground amongst the rest of the ores. I managed to add the crystals to the valuable materials list in the IC2 config file so the Miner will go after them, and it will pick them up, provided the crystals are pointing the right way. You see, Azanor, the creator of Thaumcraft, made the crystals unlike regular ores. Rather than exist as a block that can float in mid air like any other block in Minecraft, the crystals must be attached to a surface. If the surface they are attached to is broken first, the crystals fall to the ground. As a result, as the Miner mines, it can sometimes break crystals without collecting them, i.e., if the Miner breaks the block the crystals are growing on before the crystals themselves in the act of trying to mine said crystals. If the miner were also able to collect fallen objects on the same level as the bore head and within the scanner range, this could be avoided. In the meantime, I have to babysit the miner, watch the chest for crystals, watch the local Thaumcraft aura charge, which changes as crystals are broken, and if I see an aura change without crystals being delivered, I have to shut down the miner, withdraw the bore, and jump in with a jetpack.