Posts by JasonS05

At least some of this should be adjustable in the config file. Look up "IC2 config file" in google to find where it is and then look through the file. It will probably have lots of options, including probably machine explosions and maybe solar panel generation amount. If you want to find a specific configuration quickly you can probably use google again for that with something like, for example, "how to disable machine explosion in IC2 config".

I have yet another design exceeding 420 EU/t! This one was designed with the purpose of being possibly the highest output pulsed EU reactor. Unfortunately, this means it's pulsed, and it also falls short of the design above in power output by 10 EU/t, but at least it has a slightly improved efficiency of 3 instead of 2.88. Anyway, the reactor is as follows:

5 seconds on, 1 off

540 EU/t when on

450 EU/t on average

864 heat when on

720 heat on average (in a fluid reactor this is 1440 HU/t, 28.8mB/t, 7.2 superheated steam generators worth of heat, and 1080 EU/t with superheated steam)

8 dual uranium cells

5 quad uranium cells

4 component heat exchangers

36 overclocked heat vents

3 efficiency in EU mode (300 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

7.2 efficiency in fluid mode (720 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

code: erp=EHbhaN7DADaoud/xMybWyxMvLR3cwp6SFO8Gv9+LohhiOUt7FAsD3T6xH3Bdc0AqDJ+y35afQFdKQItX7OED

image:

If anyone has any better designs (higher EU/t average) please post them here! I'd love to see them.

Ok, so the last post I made (over a year ago at this point, which really goes to show how dead IC2 is since no one has replied since then) was rather low quality and didn't even include an image of the reactor. Also I've come up with two more designs since then that deserve a post here. For aesthetic reasons I'll be using the EU reactor planner instead of MauveCloud's planner for the images, but remember that these are all intended for use in a fluid reactor and the reactor codes are for MauveCloud's planner, although the last one is actually intended for both reactor types. Anyway, onto the reactors.

Design 1, max power output:

19 seconds on, 17 off

1790.23 HU/t

35.8 mB/t

8.91 superheated steam generators worth of heat

1342.67 EU/t with superheated steam

5 quad uranium cells

4 reflectors

45 overclocked heat vents

25.44 efficiency (2544 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

code: erp=IO3DJJu16N47AYzFwO6s/w7SnKn4CNY4rks076a2YPthdAxjUyrOBa2nTVydQjLkg8m7TeNBqeurF5dEluUD

image:

Design 2, maximum convenient power output:

9 seconds on, 9 off (the number 9 is important here, 8:8, 10:10, and similar will not work)

1600 HU/t exactly

32 mB/t exactly

8 superheated steam generators worth of heat exactly

1200 EU/t with superheated steam exactly

5 quad uranium cells

3 reflectors

40 overclocked heat vents (the positions off these don't matter at all, just don't let them touch the uranium)

24 efficiency exactly (exactly 2400 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

code: erp=AIO3DJJu16N47AK+eRsVv4BO6mb6fIf0ASFlJppftdtHk8o6fK0FmmlXr3Ia/HOGgdd7HBRR1S0L1jdmF2UD

image:

Design 3, maximum power steady state:

On full time, no cooldown needed ever unless insufficient coolant is supplied/removed

460 EU/t in EU mode

720 heat in EU mode

2.88 efficiency in EU mode (288 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

1440 HU/t

28.8 mB/t

7.2 superheated heat generators worth of heat

1080 EU/t with superheated steam

6 quad uranium cells

4 dual uranium cells

2 reflectors

6 component heat vents

32 overclocked heat vents

6.75 efficiency (675 per uranium per second the reactor is on)

code: erp=bpO6Loyl+lHTR64G4sDhev1oSkJFzMHxoMqJTmGrZDKpBnUpsxlcyhLmn8+Oty1evTBQWAM=

image:

Design 3 can be modified slightly by replacing one of the two dual uranium cells in the corners with a single uranium cell. The changed fluid reactor stats are as follows:

1400 HU/t exactly

28 mB/t exactly

7 superheated steam generators worth of heat exactly

1050 EU/t with superheated steam exactly

6.77 efficiency (677 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

code: erp=bpO6Loyl+lHTR64G4sDhev1oSkJFzMHxoMqJTmGrZDKpBnUpsxlcyhLmn8+MoQLeb8DMWAM=

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've managed to create a reactor design exceeding the usual 420 EU/t design by 40 EU/t. The stats are as follows:

460 EU/t

720 heat (in a fluid reactor this is 1440 HU/t or 28.8 mB/t coolant, which is enough to power 7.2 superheated steam generators and produce 1080 EU/t)

4 dual uranium cells

6 quad uranium cells

2 reflectors

6 component heat vents

32 overclocked heat vents

2.88 efficiency (288 EU per uranium per second the reactor is on)

It's a Mark I reactor, so no redstone control is needed and it can be trusted not to blow up under any circumstances unless the internal configuration of components is incorrect or it is used as a fluid reactor and insufficient coolant is supplied/removed.

The reactor code is 21p7hh6kuf0wnh2km0rszblvbgccpl1uyscgz7fepsrw7v8zt72lujtlhov8un70bya7qsiubc6u8e8

Here's an image of the design:

Also, for use in a fluid reactor, it is convenient to have the heat output be a multiple of 100 since each superheated steam generator consumes exactly 100 reactor heat (200 HU/t, 4mb coolant/t). To convert this reactor from 720 heat to 700 heat just replace either of the two dual uranium cells in the corners with a single uranium cell. In this configuration it will power exactly 7 superheated steam generators and produce 1050 EU/t. For even higher power fluid reactor designs (which will require a redstone timer, as I believe this is the highest power EU and fluid design that doesn't need a redstone timer), see here.

well I know literally nothing about Minecraft and modded Minecraft APIs but it is definitely possible to get the energy client side because the client has to display the energy meter in the block's GUI. Perhaps the client just has to ask the server for the energy amount? Some sort of API wiki/documentation for IC2 would be useful, but I don't know if one exists

I just realized I was using a totally outdated version of the planner. Here's the code for the latest version (v2.4.2):

erp=IO3DJJu16N47AYzFwO6s/w7SnKn4CNY4rks076a2YPthdAxjUyrOBa2nTVydQjLkg8m7TeNBqeurF5dEluUD

Also, I wrote a short Lua script to go through all the possible on/off cycles and pick out the best ones for this design and it found the cycle of 19 seconds on and 17 seconds off to be best. Testing it in the planner gives an output of 1790.23 heat.

I managed to improve on the 1777.69 heat design and bump it up by three heat to 1780.69 heat (as reported by the planner; doing the math I get 1780.8 heat for my design and 1777.77 heat for the old design). Here's the code for the improved design:

0303230D0D0D0D0D0D0303230D0D0D0D0D0D03230D0D0D0D0D0D0D230D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D

This uses a pulse cycle of 21 on, 19 off. This can be improved to a maximum theoretical output of 1800 heat with a pulse cycle of 2025 seconds on and 1791 seconds off assuming infinite heat capacity of the reactor and all components, but unfortunately the OC vents would melt after about 60 seconds so I'm stuck with the 1780.8 heat pulse cycle.

I ran into the same problem. To fix it, I de-compiled the V3 planner back into Java files using Krakatau (JD-GUI produced java riddled with a thousand errors so I used Krakatau instead), modified the Java files to fix the display issue (in addition to fixing some mistakes made by Krakatau so that it would compile and run without error), and re-compiled it back into a .jar file. I've made the resulting jar file available here.

Edit: Unfortunately, the file will no longer be available through my google drive so someone else will have to re-upload it to here if they have a copy of it or follow my procedure to create it again and post it here. If you choose to recreate the file, it might be better to use a Java byte-code editor as you simply need to change one byte since the problem is that somewhere in there is a function call roughly along the lines of "Window.IsResizable(false)" which needs to be changed to "true" to make it work on Linux.