Posts by Knightmare

mm, Rick, may I ask if my design is sufficient enough to be listed on the designs page?

Perhaps, with duals and quads running out 4 times as fast nowadays, that you could make a special category for designs that can run a full 10,000 second cycle, such as single-celled ones? Simply speculating.

you only need 5 surrounded overclocked heat vents to cool those uranium cells =)
    EDIT: take back my words. was thinking wrongly. need 9 =)
    Also I would recommend if you are trying to keep it cheaper, to make every Component Heat Exchanger that is only touching 1 side of an Overclocked Heat Vent into a Basic Heat Exchanger / Basic Heat Vent combo, since that is way cheaper.

you only need 5 surrounded overclocked heat vents to cool those uranium cells =)
    EDIT: take back my words. was thinking wrongly. need 9 =)
    Also I would recommend if you are trying to keep it cheaper, to make every Component Heat Exchanger that is only touching 1 side of an Overclocked Heat Vent into a Basic Heat Exchanger / Basic Heat Vent combo, since that is way cheaper.

Thanks to your help, I just made the design a good bit cheaper, and woot for my first design on the new reactor planner! :D

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…9r9266jks4csdc6qj960iic5c

EDIT: Just made the design a tad bit cheaper. http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…238ai7ikrpyeoe1kkar9wqku8
    I think this is my favorite design yet, I may just use this to power my base~

On a side note, anyone care to try making it even cheaper, without changing it from MK1 and single-cell design?

EDIT#2: Well, the 2nd design is a bit cheaper in iron.....
    I'm still happy with it.

mm, I made myself a nice Single Celled, MK1, 6 chamber design ^^

Outputs 330EU/t(165EU/t standard), can run indefinitely, and only uses single cells, which means no mass compressing of copper and actual 10,000 second cycles :D

Currently working on a more compressed/less resource-intensive design.

EDIT: Just replaced the design, as I realized a vent that seemed like it wasn't being used actually WAS, which made it start heating up when I removed it...

mm, I'd like to Post a bug report.

It occurs occasionally when opening the interface of the Adjustable power source thingie.

All relevant info included in the spoiler.
    If i was a derp and missed anything, do say do ^^.

Also, I put a space between an 8 and ) to avoid the creation of a smiley in my spoiler.

Until the Onlineplanner is updated, i would suggest the use of my EU-Consuming Ingame-Nuclearreactor-Planner. [/GregTech-Advertisement]

Actually, I do plan to get your mod to help me with designing reactors :P

By the way, could you link a description for your fancy EU storage system?

It looks great as a way to store massive amounts of EU on my soon to be world-ruling, self sufficient, fully armed frame machine :D

Hmm.

Try changing the house to stone, unless you like the look of wood a ton.
    Planks can burn, and if a fire was to somehow start(Overheating nuclear Reactor perhaps) Your whole house would go up in smoke.

Also, you could make a small frame quarry to fit inside that dirt room, then when you need resources just go over to that room,get in the quarry machine, and go find a spot to mine.

Indeed, inucune.

I had what I thought was a relatively inexpensive, 100EU/T Reactor design, and as the components needed to cool down, I turned it off.

I thought 'Wow, this design is good, no smoke so far and only a small cooldown time!'

5 seconds later, it went boom.

Alright, did some proper testing. I opened a creative map, and I lined up a macerator, extractor, compressor, electric furnace, and a recycler. I gave each one a stack of random material to process, and fueled them with one-shot batteries. None of them produced any sound, EXCEPT for when the material they were processing was removed mid-operation, inducing the "wrooonk" sound of the aborted job.

Then, I tested the generator types, by hooking up a regular generator, a geo, and a reactor to the working macerator (via glass cable, naturally). I fueled each of them in turn, and not one produced any sound at all. I then blew up the reactor for shiggles, and... No explosion sound. The crater simply materialized before my eyes.

The "wrooonk" proves that the mod is indeed producing sound. I performed these tests with all the other mods removed from my \mods folder, to make sure it wasn't some cross-mod calamity. I also checked the IC2.cfg file just to make sure that sounds were in fact enabled, and found that yes, they are. I suspect this may be an issue with Forge; some months ago, we had a similar audio problem wherein explosions were producing no sound, and the issue resolved itself with a later Forge update. I'm currently using Forge 4.1.1, if anyone's wondering. Any other thoughts or suggestions on this?

I'm also having the issue, sadly.

Currently I'm hoping that a later version of either forge or IC2 fixes it, but until then I'm playing around with the new reactors and waiting for my favorite addons and Redpower 2 to update~