Posts by ShamblerDK

I would not be playing Minecraft today, were it not for IC. So, thank you so much for this awesome mod. It makes Minecraft beat pretty much any game out there. I've spent more hours playing Minecraft, thanks to IC, than I have spent playing The Elder Scrolls series, and that comes from a guy who's been playing just about any RPG released for PC since 1989 :)

So,

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE IC TEAM!

Wow, one day I might actually get around to actually using nuclear power. Bit weird I haven't considering I've done textures for this mod xD

I fixed the display bug on the Sphax textures for the Remote Monitor block where the numbers weren't in the box.

Nice! I just LOVE that texture pack as it looks great plus it got graphics addons for all the popular mods. Say, how about you go to the Sphax BDcraft.net website and make a texture pack for the Minecraft MFFS mod? I really need one for the Modular Force Field System and it's not that many textures that's needed :)

This config is vulnerable. It requires regular visiting of the base or additional power source. Otherwise someone can cover your base by dirt (or just a solar array block if it's visible) and wait until field disappears.
    Workaround - use forcefield up to 256 height, so block can't be placed above force field.

Hmmm, I never thought of that. Though, I do have a nuclear reactor which switches on automatically in case I run low on power. It is still limited energy though. A force field of that magnitude would be way too power consuming. Do you have any other suggestion? How about making my nuclear reactor self-replenishing so it could run for days on end?

EDIT: My base is only run by this solar panel atm, charging up 5 MFSU's. It takes less than 2 million EU during the night and recharges those 2 million EU back up before half a Minecraft day has passed. It would take some time for all those MFSU's to run out, not to mention that I am in my base pretty much all the time. I rarely leave it.

Well, as far as I've read, Mojang won't release the modder API for 1.3. I read that it won't release a new modder API until 1.4. This means, that I will not be updating to Minecraft 1.3. I will patiently wait for Minecraft 1.4 and for all the mods to be updated to that version.

Source:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…included-in-minecraft-13/

I am not into programming at all, which is pretty much the only area of IT I am not into, but doesn't this mean that there won't be any mods for Minecraft 1.3?

I have some more info about the problem I reported earlier; I've enabled the force field for a couple of hours now, but when I tried to turn it off it stays on. This is even though there's no redstone signal going to it. So it goes both ways; If it's off for too long, you can't turn it on, but if it's on for too long, you can't turn it off.

I'll try the new Beta 5 rev1 to see if that changed it :)

EDIT: What do we say to the 1.3 Minecraft update?..... NOT TODAY!

EDIT #2: Seems like the force field projector is working perfectly now :D

Even after the update I am still experiencing that the force field just won't enable as I posted earlier. This is even though everything is set up properly. Right after a server restart, everything works again, but only in a seemingly random amount of time. Also, there's plenty of power hooked up to the power generator. And the projector shows it's connected.

No, its:
    Lever ON => Reactor OFF
    MFSU full => Reactor OFF
    Lever ON, MFSU full => Reactor OFF
    Lever OFF, MFSU not full => Reactor ON

The lever needs to be the highest control point. When the lever is redstone ON, the reactor may not turn itself ON for any reason. This is done simply with an inverter by the reactor. This means that my reactor will be on when the lever transmits a redstone signal. Simple. It gets hard when I want the reactor to turn off when the MFSU is full. That means it will have to turn off when it receives 2 x redstone signals but stay on if only the lever redstone signal is on.

If I understand you correctly, the reactor won't turn off when it receives the redstone signal from the MFSU, when the lever is on? I want the reactor to be off when it receives a redstone signal from the MFSU regardless of the lever position, but still be able to turn it off with the lever regardless of the redstone signal from the MFSU. I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. I am using the logic gates from Redpower2, trying to make this work, though it seems my brain is incapable of wrapping itself around gate logic :(

Hello there fellow industrialists

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask these questions, but I am quite sure many of you have an idea as to how I can solve my little nuclear reactor problem.

It should be quite simple to solve, but appearently I am not intelligent enough:

I have a reactor hooked up to a lever. Its signal is inverted so that when the handle is on (redstone on), the reactor is on (redstone off). (I did this simply by putting an inverter between the reactor and the handle.) I have an MFSU directly hooked up to the reactor with a fibre cable and it's set to emit a redstone signal when full.

Now, what I want to accomplish is for my reactor to turn off, as soon as the MFSU is full, BUT I still want to be able to shut the entire system off with the lever regardless of the signal from the MFSU. Is this possible using some kind of redstone logic gate? Or is there an even simpler solution?

I've tried looking doing searches on Google for a solution, but I couldn't seem to find anything that did exactly what I need.

Please help :S

Regards,
    ShamblerDK

I think I found a bug...

This is my setup:

MFFS Force Power Gen. V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Generator Injector <EU> and an MFFS Card <Security Station Link>)
    MFFS Projector V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Projector Module <Cube>, an MFFS Card <Power Link>, 30 x MFFS Projector Field Modulator <Distance> and a MFFS Projector Upgrade <Defense Station>)
    MFFS SecStation. V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Security Station <External ID-Reader>)
    A chest next to the SecStation containing my ID-card

At first, this setup works perfectly. It generates a large force field around my base on my server. After a while though, I am unable to turn on the projector itself, rendering me unable to power up the force field. To make it work again, I have to restart the server.

If you need to see it for yourself, Thunderdark, you're welcome to join my server. Just let me know, and I'll PM you the server details :)

This worked like a CHARM for me. Thanks a lot! I've had this non-functioning main breaker set up, with this cable in my base, for a while and I've been annoyed that it wasn't working :)