Ported to 1.7.10.
Pushed v3.0 for MC 1.7.2 - straight port and minor code cleanup.
Tested with latest IC2 experimental and Forge build 1060, and everything seems to be in order.
If you equip a piece of gem armor from INpureTools, the game crashes.
INpureTools doesn't appear to have a mcf thread, but it's from the guy who makes Plugins for Forestry.
Thanks for letting me know. I've pushed a new version with enhanced functionality that resolves this issue.
It's released for whatever Minecraft version you're using - 1.4.6/7, or 1.5.1. I do it this way because it doesn't have any hard dependencies on IC2, and can function without it.
I did have one color configuration option a version or two ago, but it has since been removed. I will explore adding full control over colors. As mentioned though, most people aren't even aware of config files - but I am not opposed to having more options for advanced users.
give yourself the "ultimate quantumchest" and kombine it with an storageupgrade mk3
The mormal armors are fine only the updates from the assemply table brake it
I still didn't get a chance to test it.. it wanted me to wait 30 minutes before the items were combined! But, the new version I pushed should show the health level regardless. It probably won't show the charging indicator for those items that you were having issues with. I probably need to put specific code in to support that.
Found a little Bug with this mod and IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors.
When you add Storage Updates to the Armor, the Fill Bar is always empty
I've tried giving myself empty and full armor pieces with various upgrades and am not able to reproduce this. I am too impatient to try crafting the stuff myself.
SirusKing: Your suggestion would be my definition of "derpy." I've made a compromise in the visibility of the background that I think should be easier on the eyes.
Other than that, I've made some cool adjustments that I just need to test a little further before release (later tonight, maybe).
Hey guys, I found some code that needs fixing (small but worthy of update). If you have suggestions on how I can tweak the colors or background to make it less "derpy," I'm all ears. It is a bit on the colorful side - I was thinking of toning it down, or making the background two layers with only one layer colored.
Im 'remaking' mc intance from MultiMC config pack and it needs this version
That's reasonable. Although it doesn't seem like it, the latest version can be configured to mimic earlier versions fairly closely.
Just wanted to pop in and say this mod is really well received on my server, I in particular have really enjoyed knowing how low my jet-pack or battery pack is in when I'm in a rush.
I'm glad its working out well for you! If you feel I can improve it in any way, please let me know. I have considered possibly implementing a GUI to control the HUD at some point.
Make it optional to display on top/bottom left/right corners with armor displayed like this :
or the way it is currently :
:Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots:
Also a config to make armor background change its colors as the armor/electric armor depletes , turning from green to red or blue to purple
Alright, message heard loud and clear. I've uploaded v2.5 based on your (and SirusKing's) suggestions, with some minor fixes/improvements.
New version, folks! Many new changes that I think you'll all enjoy.
Man, good job on this! Perhaps you can make All the Armour slots for Electrical items, maybe in the bottom corner? Then i can tell when my Solar Light Helmet is about to run out
Feature is now included, in a way that flows with existing positioning. Each person likes things a little differently. I may consider changing the position of the HUD in the future, but for now I like it the way it is. All suggestions are welcome though!
Modpacks are cool. Feel free to include it with your own.
I updated the mod to take into account your requests. The name change was inspired by Omega's confusion of the original name.
pcmaster160 - I did in fact use the method you suggested. It is enabled through the config since I'd prefer nano and quantum items not showing up by default.
Oooh I like this idea. Perfect for people who don't really want to clutter up their screen with things.
Does it work with any of the backpack items from Vanilla IC2?
I listed the items it displays the overlay for in the first paragraph. I checked the API items and I do believe that's all of them.
This mod draws an on-screen HUD that enables you to view armor item durability outside of the player inventory screen. The HUD can be positioned next to the hotbar on either side, or in any corner. Most HUD settings can be altered using the auto-generated config file.
Initially, this was created to view only the IC2 jetpack charge level, but has since been improved to support all armor items, with additional effects added for IC2 armor items. If IC2 is detected, the mod will flash a charging icon over IC2 armor items when being charged (most commonly from solar hats). A flashing red X will flash over armor items when durability drops below %13, and will remain solid when depleted.
Appearance of HUD in latest version.
Available configuration options include:
- The HUD can be positioned in 6 different locations.
- The colored background can be disabled.
- You can choose to restrict non-electric armor types from displaying in the HUD.
- Low power and charging effects can be disabled.
- Individual armor slots can be disabled.
[UPDATE 6/17/18] - v3.4
- Unofficially ported to MC 1.12.x.
[UPDATE 6/02/17] - v3.3
- Automatically move out of the way of the offhand slot if it's there
- Add support for items that use Forge Energy
[UPDATE 9/17/16] - v3.2
- Unofficially ported to MC 1.10.x.
[UPDATE 4/8/16] - v3.1
- Unofficially ported to MC 1.8.9.
- Configuration can now be done in game via Forge's in game Config GUI
[UPDATE 8/29/14] - v3.0
- Ported to MC 1.7.10.
[UPDATE 5/04/14] - v3.0
- Ported to MC 1.7.2.
[UPDATE 7/03] - v2.83
- Fixed blending issue when armor items used glint effect.
- Ported to MC 1.6+.
[UPDATE 5/26] - v2.82
- Armor icon rendering now supports multi-pass texturing and status effects.
[UPDATE 5/15] - v2.81
- Charging status effects now override low power status on armor pieces (the way it was intended)
[UPDATE 5/10] - v2.8
- Updated to reflect API folder structure changes in IC2 build 1.115.300+
- Using Forge runtime deobfuscation for compatibility with MC 1.5+
[UPDATE 3/26] - v2.7
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.1
[UPDATE 3/10] - v2.6
- HUD background tweaked to stand out less
- Low power and charging indicators now fade in and out
- Charging indicator now turns health bar and background yellow
- Charge level bar tweaked to work 100%; charging indicator may not initialize with all addons
[UPDATE 2/18] - v2.5
- HUD can now be moved between six different locations, with auto-orientation
- HUD background is configurable to colorize based on armor health (on by default)
- Electric armor charge level now utilizes EU for more precise metering
[UPDATE 2/17] - v2.4
- A lot of code rewritten and improved
- New color-configurable HUD background
- Shows a lightning bolt when item is charging (usually from solar helmet/solar hats)
- Now supports damageable non-electric armor types (leather armor, etc)
- Many new configuration options added to personalize the HUD
[UPDATE 1/3] - v2.3
- Fixed GL bug where alpha transparency on 'X' would flicker black
[UPDATE 12/22] - v2.2
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.6
[UPDATE 12/9] - v2.1
- Changed name to eliminate confusion
- Added configuration file with option to enable HUD for other electric chest armor items
- Fixed GL bug where contending overlays could affect the appearance of the HUD
LICENSE & SOURCE CODE:
There is no license, and it's completely open source. Source code is bundled with every zip file.
There are no restrictions on modification or redistribution.
Thanks for noticing, Richard. I bumped it merely to make my edit yesterday noticeable. Otherwise my findings would've been stuck on page 3. I guess I could have simply replied to my post to begin with.
Bump for fix.