Posts by shda5582

Ok, finished and totally ported over. What worked was to copy the old configs over from BOTH the client and the server from 1.3.2 to the new 1.4.6 server. Tested the following method and vouch it works:

1. Install the new server, including mods. Run it once to build the structure.

2. Copy over the old config files for the server (and client too, assuming you have the mods installed for the new client)
    3. Erase the world folder in the new server.
    4. Copy over the old world folder.
    5. Run
    6. ???
    7. Profit.

Just have to make sure that you copy over the old blockID values in the config files, and then it works no issue.

Home on lunch so figured I'd try the following:

erase the new world folder
    copy over the 1.3.2 world folder
    copy the old and overwrite the IC2.cfg and main.conf (BC3) files
    run server

works great, but I can't get the Transformers mod working, mostly because there isn't a config file for me to copy over from 1.3.2 to 1.4.7. The specific error:

2013-01-23 12:44:56 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] FML has detected item discrepancies
    2013-01-23 12:44:56 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Missing items : {201=Item 201, Type snyke7.Transformers.ItemPneumaticGenerator, owned by snyke7_Transformers, ordinal 0, name pneumaticGenerator, claimedModId null, 200=Item 200, Type snyke7.Transformers.ItemElectricEngine, owned by snyke7_Transformers, ordinal 0, name electricEngine, claimedModId null}
    2013-01-23 12:44:56 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Mismatched items : {}

Will attempt to further fix this when I'm home from work. Aside from this, it seems that the port over has worked well, just need to figure out how to manage this. Any ideas? Can I manually input the blockID values somewhere and have it work?

...or you could've just copied IC2.cfg from the 1.3.2 install to the new one. Too late now -- when Minecraft loads a world with block IDs it doesn't know what to do with, it deletes them to prevent itself from crashing. The IC2_map is there for your protection against this exact circumstance.

Not an issue since I never overwrite the original world files :) Been doing network admin work for 10 years, and you ALWAYS keep backups and work with copies, at least I do.

So I just need the ic2_map.cfg file from the old server copied over to the new one, correct? Because the old one was causing the block conflict issue in the first place, but I'll give it a try and report.

edit: didn't work, I get a crash on client connect saying that FML is missing a bunch of blockID's. Have to hit work right now, so feel free to post possible solutions/discussion and I'll hit them when I get home. Much appreciated on the help guys. :)

I don't think that's the problem....I'm running into the same issue on my 1.3.2 to 1.4.6 upgrade. Any IC2 block I placed down before has just totally vanished into the void. Just....gone. I'm assuming it has something to do with the old map files trying to read blockID's that no longer exist since the 1.4.6 version for IC2 went to radically different blockID's, but I don't know of any way to port over the new ID's to the map files so that it'll start the world with all the old placement blocks there. That I think is the issue. Thoughts?

When I updated from 1.3.2 to 1.4.6, I got the following error:

Now I tested the singleplayer and it works just fine, so I'm assuming that something got changed in the update for the server. Server stays running it seems, but I can't connect to it with a client.

I've looked in the config file, and found the code, but I have zero idea what, if anything, to change the value to. Do I have to, and if so, what do I change it to?

edit: Ok, I did pull my 1.3.2 config file and look in there and the values are radically different than before, so that explains that. So....is there a new value that I can/should change it to so it works, or do I have to accept that my old world can't be used with 1.4.6? If so, I'm a sad panda :(

edit 2: Problem solved, erased the ic2_map.cfg from the 1.4.6 server world folder. Except that this has now erased all the blocks that I had before, which is very bad. Will work on this further and post progress. However, from what I've seen, it's a fundamental issue with the 1.3.2 blockID's being changed to radically different versions in 1.4.6. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

edit 3: It's only the IC2 blocks I put down that are missing, they will however be there if I replace them (this is not an option on the map). It seems as if the old blocks aren't there at all, like they were never placed down (empty air).

....or I'm flat out-missing the actual items. I think I'm missing the entry for them. Here's the item code list from the config file:

Furthermore, as I recall, you need coolant cells to actually craft the overclocker, and I flat out don't have those listed in my item list either. So. Again. This is a bug since it's missing AND the materials to craft it are as well.

edit: I just went totally vanilla on both my server and my client. Reloaded both from scratch, still am having the same problem, along with missing the coolant cell to be able to craft the Overclocker in the first place.

edit 2: this gets weirder and weirder. Apparently I CAN craft the overclocker, but I cannot see it in my menu with creative mode on. Any thoughts to a fix?

edit 3: NEI fixes it.

Overclocking, Transformer, and Energy Storage upgrades are no longer in the game. I cannot craft them, and testing out in creative will not allow me access to them either. Maybe the changes to reactors broke this?

1. The reason I can't currently do redstone is because I was using all my space for water cooling for the testing. What I meant is that I don't have a way to remotely do it, but easily fixed.

2. Ok, so it's good to know the planner is off on calculations. I thought I was doing something wrong for the actual working reactor.

3. I'm aware it's a crap reactor design, it is my first afterall :) What I did was start off with various designs on the list that you provided, then kept trying to ramp up power output as high as I could while still maintaining a "safe" cooling design that I wouldn't have to micromanage (IE: I could go off mining/building/whatever). This one for right now seems to be a stable 70eu/t, but I'll be working on it a bit more. Currently have a 40eu/t that is quite stable.

3a. It's worth saying that I've been switching back and forth between this reactor and another one I built for the last hour and a half, monitoring not just the remote sensor, but looking at the actual components as well. I'm not seeing any significant degradation of any component yet, but I'm well aware that can change eventually. However, I would like to think that in the time it would take me to switch out uranium cells that it should lose all heat.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…w7tw6g1u8ao8gj8yl79e9h35s
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…w7tw6g1u8ao8gj8yl79e9h35s

My first reactor design, so please don't rip me apart too much :)

Ok, here's the problem. The builder says that this setup should be stable, with no excess heat generated. However, when I build the reactor for real (I have a remote monitor set up) it heats up to 24/25 ticks of heat per cycle, but stays stable at that number. I am sure that this means that I will have a component burn out at some point (and sadly lack the capability to redstone a signal in since I have no redstone mods, but since this is creative mode testing, I'm not too concerned), and I've been trying to figure out what, if anything, needs to be changed on the reactor setup since I'm at the maximum possible amount of water I can have around. Would still like to keep the 70eu/t if possible, but will accept taking less to allow a stable setup.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

edit: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…3i4s7q4vye0uld316kbks1ef4

This is what I wound up doing just now in game to test to see if adding more chambers and cooling would help. According to the design program, it should. In-game testing now has it doing the same behavior at 16/17. So....thoughts/help please.

Awesome mod, been playing with it for a few days and have gotten the hang of it. One thing I've noticed is that no matter what I do, if I overload a reactor inside a containment field, the surrounding landscape is still pretty much shot. Now, the reactor setup is 6 uranium cells and nothing else for containment, just the forcefield walls. Yes, they do line up properly, I've checked 3 different times each wall but I'm still getting explosive "leakage". Could it be that the forcefields just won't absorb enough damage on an unshielded reactor to have this be the sole containment method?