Posts by Aanok

There's something that's bothering me... what does it take for heat exchangers to begin accumulating heat on themselves instead of routing it away to adjacent components? Cause it seems they prefer to take heat away, but I can't quite understand how :p

Hello there, this is my first post so let me say how much you people rock for developing one of the best Minecraft mods out there and my personal all-time favourite :D

That said, there are a few details that have always bugged me :p

The first one is about hydroelectric power generation. Unfortunately, it has always felt slightly weak and unrealistic to me.
    So, my suggestion would be to have the "unmanned" water mill power output based upon the height difference between the source block of the water flowing around it and the generator itself. Maybe something like 1eu/t every 30 blocks of difference, capped at 60 blocks and 2 eu/t.

Now, I don't know how complicated this would be to code, but It should be possible, given how RedPower pumps can work their way from flowing water up to a water source.

My second suggestion would be to substitute uranium ingots with enriched cells in the nuke recipe. My feeling is that such a powerful explosive should be much more difficult to craft, especially if you're on a server. Besides, it would kind of simulate the process you have to go through IRL to produce weapon-grade uranium.