Posts by Yandere

I think this makes sense, though i think slag should also be able to be used in a mass fabricator. Thats primarily what the recycler is for anyway...

That would be kind of overpowered, pretty much replacing the recycler.
    This is mostly meant to be an alternative, that gives you power and a useful building material instead of scrapboxes and mass fab efficiency, for when you don't have mass fabs yet (or your fabs are well fed already) and you don't need gold helmets.

Reducing slag yield to 1/8 would mostly defeat that purpose.

Turn dirt and saplings and shit into stone.

Black stone. For roads and industrial-looking buildings.

I've blown up 3 MFEs and an MFSU, and that's usually heartbreaking, because by the time you have infinite diamonds from 16 miners and mass fabs everywhere, it's time to go play Uncharted and wait for the next release to make a new world because it's boring anyway. I don't do it much anymore, but the danger is still there and stresses me.

Something to prevent super expensive machinery death would be lovely. Anything really.

Plasma Gasification is a neat new real-world technology that takes any kind of trash you want to feed it and heats it to 5000+ degrees C.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_arc_waste_disposal

This turns organic compounds into gas which is largely hydrogen and carbon by volume, meaning you can burn it for power, more power than you used roasting it in the first place.

Everything that doesn't turn into flammable gas gets melted into what's called slag, which is a black solid kind of glassy brick-like substance.

So can we get one of these? Can throw anything you can throw into a recycler into the gasifier instead, and you get 5 EU/t or so + slag, which could be a dark block, maybe a little harder than stone, that I can pave my roads with.

I'm not sure if it's possible for a machine to produce both power and a product, but it seems like it would be doable.
    It should be semi-expensive, since even though it burns through input way too fast to be a primary power source, you're still getting electricity for dirt. Maybe using an advanced machine block + EDIT: generator.

Plus you'd probably want to make slag non-recyclable to prevent people getting both power and scrap from one item.

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Generator: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:

Would be my suggestion. I'd have used advanced alloy instead of refined iron, but there's no smiley for it. :(

Episode 27 is up, with SERIOUS changes to my Geothermal Generator farm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ture=youtube_gdata_player

I was interested in your ideas for geothermal power with buildcraft, but with the first 10 minutes of the video - at least - is you being pointlessly obsessive-compulsive about something few people care about, it's difficult to watch.

EDIT: And then you spend an entire minute explaining a logic gate when it could have been done in 4 words and 2 seconds. My life is too precious to watch this.

Also build a chainsaw so you don't have to spend 3 weeks making annoying noise breaking a chest with a drill.

I don't see the point of removing the Uranium UUM recipe either.

If all we wanted was infinite energy, we could be simpleminded like Kuu and be like LOL HERP DERP INFINITE SOLAR PANELS
    This is a lot more challenging from an engineering perspective.

Unless you intend to remove the glass, iron and coal UUM recipes too, it just doesn't make sense.