Posts by neosatan

I don't want to make another compact solars. or advanced solars. They are done, and that's good. Want to do a tier 2 generators for wind (cause they are nonusable, or I don't see a point to using them), and water (cause You can build compact solars on surface, but cant build compact energy plant underground).
    I don't wan't to make equivalent of compact solars for watermills, or windmills. I want to make thouse machines more expensive that making a whole farm of basic ones. The thing is that I really like nuclear power. Reactors don't like me, but I can live with this (well reactors can live surrounded by reinforced blocks :) ). But still I want also do upgrades for nuclear reactor. Like additional bonuses for energy (not so big though). But still can't really specify how. For me constructing nuclear reactor is too easy. When it blows, it should be a dissaster (both enviroment effects, ant You should say "Holt crap, all that resources!"), but for now when my reactor goes boom, I just make another, cause it's cheap. All resources that goes for construction of reactor are very easy to obtain (have 2 BC quarries, and You can do a production line to craft next reactors with reinforced blocks and so...). Would nice to have reactor construction in rule "Easy to start, hard to perfect", with multiple ways to construct. For example. Reactor could also have fusion chamber (working name). It would drain whole bunch of EU, and generate heat, but it could generate from water isotope cells (deuterium cells, or similiar), that would be inserted in rusion reactor (another block), that would be similiar nuclear reactor chamber, but would also require whole bunch of EU to start fusion (that is why nuclear is needed), and would generate heat. And so on... Topic of nuclear power could be really enchanced, so people could build massive structures just to do such crazy (and dangerouse) energy plants.

Can't find any refferences to Industrial Conflict, so didn't know anything about it.

Ok. I have a nice problem. wanted to do ad addon do IC2 with API that is provided, and I turn out that most of things that I want to do isn't in API included. So I got a greate idea: decompile MC with IC2 on board. Was greate idea, but when I decompile MC with IC, and forge in jar IC2 isn't included in project, so I end up with mc with forge, and nothing else.

Any suggestions?

I am making an addon to IC2 and want to know about how some fetures that I have in mind.

Arrow launcher (working name). Actually a weapon that would be in IC2. It is kinda odd that You can build a nuclear reactor but You have to fight mobs with a sword or chainsaw (I know that is fun, but still). I want to do a weapon that will work on EU and arrows (cause arrows get so not worth when have mining laser or chainsaw). I would like to make a weapon that will have a magazine of 16 arrows, shoot an arrow with speed of 1 on 10-20 ticks, and have time to reload next pack of arrows. Every time when You fire taht launcher taht would drain EU from weapon (or lappack). Think that 200 EU per shot (since Drill use 80 per block). And have a really good puch with arrows. Maybe another type of ammo would be also in use. Don't know that for sure.

Another thing is that when playing with compact/advanced solars. That type of getting energy is most efficient, since You pay resource one time, and then it give whole buch free energy. That is nice for fact. Would like to see other generator have some sort of upgrades similiar to that. I was thinking about watermills for a start. If watermill is tier 1 of that generator, that advanced watermill would be tier 2 of that generator and it would give 0,5 EU (rounded down) on each waterblock in certain pattern around. Like max 6 layers each 8 block, so it would a tube shaped pattern. It would give 24 EU/t. Would be very nice in constructing underwater bases, or underground outposts...

I had also in mind to do some items upgrades. Like reniforced batpack. So it would have some armor, and energy capacity of a batpack. But it could breake. (don't know how that one resolve)...

Ok. I get it. Quantum suit is lot of fun. Still I don't feel that. It gives some passive things. When I am playing with IC2 there is so much fun stuff. Like jetpacks. Good that You can fly with that, but You don't know anything about flight. Height on with You are, speed, fuel/energy left (that is damn important for me). Thing about energy. I am pretty lazy and don't remember with machine takes what maks input, so I endup with plenty explosions. Why that would not be displayed on HUD? I know that I am... well, being a thorn in a side, but that is no so hard to imagine such features, or to code them down (already have bunch of them coded, few more and I will post my mod on forum).
    There is some things that I personally would really like to have with IC2. As I stated about that HUD dispaly when worn advanced helmets.
    Also I really would see some items that are not present. The thing is that I would like to have a palette of item to use in each tier. Items would be dependent on what I want to do, or for gameplay style. Thing is that You have pretty one set of items per tier.
    I liked idea of much powerfull solar helmet presented in solar helmet thread (RichardG's), 9 EU/t would be so awesome for powering lappack. upgraded static boots? also nice to have. I would also would see a device to power quantum suit. It could use uranium as fuel, or something else, but when lost in nether (I do get lost often), quantum suit get so quickly drained down...
    Another thing... You run in hight-tech, player-sustaining piece of armor, but You shot mob with a bow... Well there is also a mining laser (but it's mining)... well mining laser is so expensive in EU (and no quantum armor energy supply), that hostile enviroment it get's pretty unusable... Don't know... Well items from IC2 are really nice, and using them give much fun. And entire IC2 mod... Machines, power system, tools, armor (and that bronze) are much more fun that other mods. For example. I still use macerators for most of time, and still I have pulverizers from Thermal Expansion. The same with mining tools. I love lappacks, and DDrill, and from others mods I have more costless, or more efficient tools (Thaumcraft elemental tools, they are mostly too strong to be real).
    I also don't know what to do with irridium ore. have to get UUm to get that, and when I have quantum gear, then... Well, stocks of UUm I have also... and what to do with that? I use also advanced solars mods so I can utilize irridum ore on something. I would like to see other uses for irridium ore.

pgrades could be a lot of fun. But not replace enchanting. Rather would see that as an additional option. Only electric item could be upgraded and not in a way that enchanting works. Upgrades should give some new features to tools and cost a lot. Another side are improvements... EU storage capacity increased (for example, electric jetpack with increased EU storage would be nice). Don't know... Some of ideas could be very nice...

Dunno. It sound simple. Genreator and an iteration on connected water blocks. Still I think that finite water thing would be a mess to code. I have read code from terraFirmaCraft and to be honest I would not do something like that (can't judge if good or bad, just I would not do that).

To start modding google MCP (Minecraft codders pack as I reffere) with proper version of forge and IC2 API. There are pretty simple explanations on hos to install it with Eclipse on MCP wiki, or Forge wiki.

Sorry for dusting out this thread, but got some thought about it. Maybe I will code such thing for IC2, don't know...
    But.
    Advanced HUD sounds nice, but in reality there are mods that do most of that stuff. I rather would see a 3 tiered fetures (nano, quantum, graviton(something to that armor [Addon v1.97] Gravitation Suite v1.2 ! [SSP/SMP])).

Night vision, cause pontions are passe.... For nano, quantum, and gratitation helmets. Consume 1 EU per sek.
    Waypoints - this is more tricky. There should be a craftable item (like redstone torch) that we put, named it (like sign), and on quantum, and gravitation helmets would show on. No power consumption. Still, this is supreme nice since I have natural ability to get lost even in my own base...
    Map is something nice, but a minecraft maner map. So it would only show terrain where we went. Not a radar like thing. Also for nano, quantum, and gravitation helmets.
    I like to see a ore detector (actually I would see something like x-ray, but for a range of 4-5 blocks, ores would be just highlighted not shown via textures). 1000 UE/sek or more.
    Something another nice I would be an enemy detector. In vision would outline enemies on red, and when enemy is not on our screen then would just show something ike we see in battlefield when they shoot in us. This would also cost some EU.

Extended wather breathing would be also nice for quantum, and graviton helmets.

Main problem with quantum suit is that people don't really need it. It is just a way to utilize all that UUM comming from mass fabricators. I personally play with lappack, metoer boots (from thaumcraft), and apiarists helmet, and leggins from forestry (cause bees are awesome). I discover gravitation suite yeasterday, and think that that idea is awesome. And a good opportunity to make some room in chests, cause it costs a lot. (I think that I done second time quantum armor). Nano suit I used when IC2 was really new to me (and had only RP2, and BC installed at that time), cause I didn't know what to do with all that coal. But I wasn't impressed by nano suite, since it don't do a lot. Quantum armor was more for me. Leggins especially, cause it give that wonderfull speed. But helmet, boots, armor was pretty the same as nano.

I think that if quantum suite would give more content with it it would be more appriciated. But not OP content, like most of EE items does. I think that some features would be really nice. for example. If you have full suite on, then when in lava it could protect from lava for a short duration depending on energy left in whole suite. (max 10 sek on full batteries), the same with nano, but for much lesser time (for 4 sek max).

I would like to see quantum/gravitation suite give similiar abillities as nano suite from Crysis (especially from second cause it could be customized). That is another idea. Quantum/Gravitation suite could have a GUI to place upgrades similiar to thouse from MFFS. better jumps, seed, bonus to dmg, invisibility (freaking awesome on SMP), players tracking (that would be rather impossible in MC (without massive codding), as entities don't leave a trace, they are only are vetored in position), visions from AvP (similiar, newest batmat), and so on. To be honest it's all about making proper cost of features, and having ideas for more of them.

Now is why I wrote this post. I wanted to write a little mod that would give on HUD info about how much energy I have in tools (wih lappack), and armor how much energy it has, arrows left in inventory and so on. Little things. And I checked on this forum to see if there is such mod, cause I was watching this forum for a time now. And there is such mod, and for me is just not enought, and suggestion to make items do such things is greate.

PS. EU, MJ, Vis, and RP2 reader integrated in helmets is just awesome. Similiar to ThaumCraft googles of revealing. Have to see if IC2, and BC API provide such info/feature.