Help with Pre Creation of an IC2 Addon

• Hello, I recently came up with this idea of expanding the Water power side of IC2 in making realistic Water + new water generators. The generators generator diffrent ammounts of EU depending on The height of water. Water will have similar properties like finiteliquids.

So the things i need help with.

How to get it working with MCP so i can start (if there is a post already on here that i couldn't find in my search i apologize)

Some basic explanation on how to make an block transmitt Eu whenever connected to the net and it wants to draw power.

Rest is pretty much already tought through so i appreciate any help :)

//Hirvio

• you have no idea what you are talking about! what you prepose would require decent or higher coding knowledge which, if you had, would eliminate the need for asking for help.
    I can help you with the basics, but i'd advise to start low till you have more coding knowledge

• Dunno. It sound simple. Genreator and an iteration on connected water blocks. Still I think that finite water thing would be a mess to code. I have read code from terraFirmaCraft and to be honest I would not do something like that (can't judge if good or bad, just I would not do that).

To start modding google MCP (Minecraft codders pack as I reffere) with proper version of forge and IC2 API. There are pretty simple explanations on hos to install it with Eclipse on MCP wiki, or Forge wiki.

• i taken courses at school for Java and i got abit more extensive java knowledge, Created a Teamviewer like program for a school project,

I know how to ged MCP working with Modloader but i dont know if i like put ic2 files inside the jar then decompile or put it with the decompiled code.

And i guess if got this working i could probably figure out how to make a new generator type block.

and the finite liquid thing,
    This is how i tough it would work: Each waterblock will have a "storage" of 20 or more unit and if the adjecant blocks have a lower ammount it will "transfer".

• To do what you want,you would have to know how to code liquids,generators,some way to calculate the height of the water,and about 15 other things.
    I am at the same stage for modding and i have a good idea of what my big mod will be,but im mkaing little things until then.

• Ok. I have a nice problem. wanted to do ad addon do IC2 with API that is provided, and I turn out that most of things that I want to do isn't in API included. So I got a greate idea: decompile MC with IC2 on board. Was greate idea, but when I decompile MC with IC, and forge in jar IC2 isn't included in project, so I end up with mc with forge, and nothing else.

Any suggestions?

• put ic2 and frge in the jar, it will decompile but not recompile
    however, all the mc base class files will be totally messed up, so you'll have to just use the decompiled ic2 for reference

• Sorry to thread hijack, but I only had 1 question that didn't seem worthy of its own thread.

I enjoy the Gravisuit addon, and would like to create some more super armor. I am can already due this, however, I was wondering how would I go about destroying the block that the player is looking at on a key press? I am basically trying to get the function of the mining laser built into a helmet, but have the laser only destroy 1 block.

• Sorry to thread hijack, but I only had 1 question that didn't seem worthy of its own thread.

I enjoy the Gravisuit addon, and would like to create some more super armor. I am can already due this, however, I was wondering how would I go about destroying the block that the player is looking at on a key press? I am basically trying to get the function of the mining laser built into a helmet, but have the laser only destroy 1 block.

Wow, I JUST had this identical idea, almost. Which is why I just signed up to the forum and am reading this thread. But yea, basically same thing, mining laser into a helmet with a few other extras along with it. Inspired by the gravichestplate. Hope you can figure it out and make it happen, I'm also going to look into making my own for personal use and as a way to learn more about modding. :thumbup:

• that's a new concept, I've never really thought about that,
    check in the entityplayer class to see if there is a getLookedAtBlock or something
    if not a klunky way you could do it would be to get the entityplayer look vector and test various points along that line