Posts by Blaster

SirusKing: Interesting chain of events for that to happen, GG

Also:

*A series of small drones fly over one of the Magic camps
    ...: Sensors are detecting unusual taint levels in the area, magical barriers are forcing the taint in the direction of the Science border
    ....: Send a order to the drones, tell them to continue monitoring the situation and give me a full analysis when I arrive. Raise the stealth mode and prepare it for launch N.I.C.O.L.E
    N.I.C.O.L.E: I assume then your going in?
    ....: But of course, I have to earn that cheque somehow
    N.I.C.O.L.E: The armour is loaded into the launch bay, it and stealth mode are ready to go
    ....: Excelent, see if you can get me a map of the area and keep me informed as to what's happening out there
    N.I.C.O.L.E: Of course Blaster

If anyone has seen it, what do you all think of Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. Do you like the movie (if so why) or do you hate it (and if so, why?)? I'm collecting material for my review on it and I'm interested to see the reactions of other viewers.

What's everyone's E3 wish list, what do you want to see announced, what release dates do you want to see?
    For mine, see Blaster's Review's (in signature)

--???: Huh?

*hears engines
    --???: If that's who I think it is...

*Look into the air to see the Frame Carrier flying over

*Via radio
    Nicole: Need a lift down there?
    --???: I'll need to be wrenched up, but yes please
    Nicole: I'll lower the cables, clamp onto what is sturdy down there and i'll lift your ship into the lower holding bay

*latter
    Nicole: What happened to you, we lost contact with your team during the war
    --???: I'll explain when everyone's here
    Nicole: I'm the only one on board
    --???: Where's Blaster?
    Nicole: You've been gone for a long time. Blaster's been dead for three years.

Ehh, I guess it's just another part of the 'realism' thing. "Why can I only make tools out of these materials, when this material would do just as well, and I have more of it too?". Thinking about it, this is kind of like what TiC do, but on a much larger scale. Instead of having a few metals, they have every metal. Is it necessary? Not really. Is it cool? Hella. Would the game be any worse off if he removed it? Not really, but would it be worse off if he kept it?

Also, different metals will have different effects at some point afaik.

Wood and stone tools are nerfed to allow for the existence of flint tools (I usually go straight from wood to flint, redundant but not really any more difficult). Vanilla iron tools were not nerfed, and if they were, it was to make you want to use greg's meta tools (instead of making an iron pickaxe in one go, you make the tool head, and then put it on a stick).

Must just be the recipe I'm using. at the moment, for me, its 2 sticks, the two tools in some form, a iron plate and 2 ingots, for any metal pick

Lapotron Cystals mainly. Sodalite is the most useless one (just dye) but lazurite and lapis can be used for lapotron energy orbs. A lapis vein isn't the most useful generally than say iron, or copper, but this is probably the nicest looking. Calcite for iron processing I think in blast furnace. They all have uses, but Lapis isn't necessarily the best vein for 'usefulness' in regular MC. Always have more than you need :P

Fair point, but while it isn't a part of it now, it was a part of a lot of the useless aspects of GregTech. Do we need a screw for every type of metal? a saw blade for every material, laser lenses (though I'm holding back on that on if he's going to do what I think he is). Greg Tech is a nice mod, but I think there's a lot of redundant aspects to it at the moment. Greg might have plans for all of these, but at the moment...

On a side note (purely because I've finally started playing with the mod in survival (just getting back into it) was the nerfing of the Wooden, Stone and Iron Pickaxes really necessary? As all that GregTech is doing is chocking my Wood farm at the moment (had to restart world) and added a forth piece of metal to the recipe. along with the need to get extra tools to clutter a inventory. As I said though, it is still a good mod.

I'll get back to working on the changelog soon. The prologue for Turnabout Smash has taken up my interest at the moment and with its script going into proof reading within the week. its something I dointend to get back to but after the shattering that was loosing the progress. besides, there's always "added mystery content"