Posts by jorgebonafe

Just because an add-on causes an end-result of a mod, doesn't make it unacceptable to code. It wouldn't be your fault if it caused such 'technical difficulties' to BTW itself, and I'm sure Flowerchild would just find work-a-rounds if it became the case. Plus, that mod has other things as well that the user can focus on, other than solely mechanical power.

This is a powerful piece of integration between two powerful mods, one that can lead to a much more clever creations than just Hemp Farms or Solar Trees. I hope you can see the powerful utility and application of having them parallel each other like this beyond 'what the mods should do...'

I see your point, but in this particular case I really don't think I should add this functionality. making the dynamo create mechanical power would render the windmill and water mill useless... What's the point in integrating two mods if one of the functionalities of the mod impair a great aspect of one of the mods? I think 'what the mods should do...' is actually very important in this case, because both mods are directly involved with whatever options I add to the mod. I may think some more about that, but most likely I wont add this.

WARNING! DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD IN THE MODS FOLDER! IT WILL NOT WORK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Name: Dynamo

Summary: Adds two blocks, a machine that converts mechanical power from Better than Wolves mod into electricity, and a machine that does the reverse.

Description:

Dynamo

Motor

Requirements: Having Better than Wolves mod v3.0 and IC² v1.23 correctly installed.
    Installation instructions inside the "Readme.txt" file.
    To solve ID conflict issues, read the "Readme.txt" file inside the mod archive.

Screenshots:

Videos:

This is the first MC mod I make, so please let me know about any bugs it may still have.

Current Version
    Dynamo 1.36:
    Requires Minecraft 1.8.1, BTW v3.0 and IC² v1.23
    Download here

Old Versions: