Posts by Caidicus

Sorry for the double post, just want to clearly list this response as a separate thought, after reconsideration.

GregoriousT suggested

8 Coppercoins = 1 Bronzecoin
    8 Bronzecoins = 1 Ironcoin
    8 Ironcoins = 1 Goldcoin (or a Silvercoin, from which 8 of them can be crafted to 1 Goldcoin)
    8 Goldcoins = 1 Diamondcoin

This is actually a very good idea, and would work very well, so long as the base coin is uncraftable, using permissions. A server could allow the crafting of credits if they wanted to, but ours is based upon the idea that currency is controlled by the government(server). Turning your earned small credits into higher vallued credits and back down to the base credits isn't a bad idea, though, so long as the higher value credits are only craftable by the base credits (an uncraftable, and purely earnable item)

Just wanted to add that, nice idea Gregorious.

-Caid.

What's to stop the crafting of these items?

Personally, I use modifyworld (a plugin that comes with permissionsEX) to limit items I don't want crafted.
    If you have that modifyworld.jar in your plugins folder with any permissions plugin, you can just add

-modifyworld.items.craft.**** (replacing **** with the actual item number.)

I don't know how anyone would adequately run a server without having some way to limit the crafting or placing of some items, unless they can truly trust the members on their server.

On my server, players are unable to craft credits, so a credit is worth whatever we make it. Credits must be bought using money that players earn in the game. I could just go completely with the iConomy money and scrap the whole credits idea, but personally, It think shops full of trade-o-mats are fun as hell, and it makes money a physical item (not just an account) that people can hold onto.

The reason I didn't get too technical about the breakdown of coins as the first response suggested is because if you want something implemented, you should first lay the idea down as simple as possible, in the hopes that it won't be viewed as a major pain in the ass to implement.

All we really need is new items and IDs for them. As server owners, we should be able to work out the rest, trade-o-mats that you put in copper coins to exchange for silver coins and so on. Again, this could all be ignored if we just used other items as currency, like diamond covers, or gold ingots, or whatever. It would be nice, however, to have currency system that built on the immersion of our market.

-Caid.

Much as the title explains.

Our server currently uses IC credits as currency in our market. With basic materials, this works wonders. For example, a single iron ingot is 1 credit. The problem with this is that when you get to say, a quarry, the value in items would be closer to 150 credits. If you're using tradomats (which I do so love to use) this means a max price of 64 credits, and basically grossly undervalues the higher valued items.

Some of my server members have suggested we use different items, tungsten, diamond covers, diamonds, whatever. The problem I have with that is, credits are awesome, they're ACTUALLY money. This adds to the immersion of the market, and the value of the money AS money. Bringing in other items to replace it doesn't add to that feeling, it makes the feeling of an undeveloped market aspect to the game.

So, here you have it, I would like to see new credit types.

Ideally, it would be awesome if the system was comprehensive enough that an item requiring 64 regular credits could accept a single gold credit (highest valued credit assuming it's 64 creds to 1 gold cred) and register it as payment.

However, I'd settle simply for there being different coloured coins with different ids. For example, gold could be 30186:1 and copper could be 30186:2. If these extra items existed, I could setup trade-o-mats to trade gold for silver coin (current colour of credits), and silver for copper coins (new and lowest valued coin) and so on.

So, this here's my request.

I appreciate the thought, whether it leads to a yes or a no, thanks all the same.

Here're the edited images of the basic coin, just to give an idea on it.