Posts by brandc

This. And for the turbines, something you need to build that looks a little like the ones from Atomic science. Feed your reactor Water, then it emits actual steam from nearby, if your near you get radiation poisoning but if you are really close the Steam scalds you! Place the turbine ontop and the reactor in an enclosed area, steam goes up into turbine, eu produced :D

If you are going for realism then that would not happen. Radiation poisoning from steam is not really that realistic. As a matter of fact 5 feet of water is enough to protect you from most forms of harmful radiation. The steam produced would not be harmful unless you had a catastrophic reactor melt down in which some of the radioactive contents leak.

I like the idea of the multi-block reactor, I actually suggested something like that before but it was shot down because of the other ideas I posted. I was thinking perhaps a heat exchange block, and some pipes to transport the heated water through the turbine and to a system of cooling pipes surrounded by water.

I say radical because they go against the grain as far as the mod is concerned.

A new suit, called a lava suit that can sustain the player in lava if there are enough coolant cells. Perhaps some way the player can see through the lava for ore harvesting or something.

Multi-block solar like those moving solar panel things with light sensors that add efficiency and could be used to combine multiple solar panels into 40% more efficient ones. Which might mean the regular solar panel would need to be nerfed.

A mult-iblock nuclear reactor, slightly more stable than the current one. First you have the reactor chamber, two pumps that push coolant through pipes to the reactor rods. A heat exchange chamber which could be about 2x2blocks then an output pipe for the newly heated water to a generator which would output the steam to a cooling system in the form of heat exchange pipes surrounded by water. For reactor melt downs it could leak radiation and if bad enough explode.

And perhaps a new super suit, unlike the quantum suit it should be able to fly and have its own reactor. Perhaps some waste from a nuclear reactor run through a multi-block particle collider to make the specific element needed for the reactor that would need to be periodically replaced.

Maybe another reactor a step up from the other reactor, though completely dependent on it for making heavy water and tritium.

Perhaps some tier four or five machines to match and take up the produced power.
    Like a portal that takes the user to another land, like the moon or mars.

Well calories are a measure of energy stored in food, so I guess if you dry out the fish, it would burn, just not very well.

Calorie: The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules). (internet definition)

I am running the mods:

modloader
    forge
    recipe book (When I found the recipes were not working I found black pages in here.)
    too many items (Which I used to confirm all the items were really there.)
    Ic2
    Buildcraft

I found ores in the ground like copper and tin, so I can say the mod kind of works with the others. I did not install modloadermp.