Posts by Gjrud

it isn't a bug: all cables suffer distance-related energy losses (wiki).
    Copper cables, for example, lose 1 EU every 5 blocks, so this means that if your wire is 4 blocks long it does not lose any energy (energy loss is 0.8 rounded down to 0). Energy loss is not based on the total amount of energy moving through the cable: a solar panel can output max 1 EU/t during the day, if you build a five blocks long copper cable and you connect at the end of it 4 solar panels (on the three free sides and on top of the last piece of cable) you are not generating 3 EU/t (4 EU/t - 1EU/t) but 0 (1EU/t - 1EU/t + 1EU/t - 1EU/t + 1EU/t - 1EU/t + 1EU/t - 1EU/t). Energy loss is based on the "size" of each packets, not the sum of them (so you can theoretically send 300 EU/t through a copper cable if every packet is smaller than 32EU). What the batbox is doing in your system is storing energy, preventing any energy loss and sending packets of 32EU/t (so after 5 block through a copper cable you still have 31 EU/t)

I apologize for my English.

Hi guys, I'm trying to mess around with the nuclear reactor, but I'm confused.
    Namely: How much heat does a uranium fuel cell generate in one tick, and how much do cooling cells cool heat in a tick? I read Alblaka's post,but I couldn't find anything explicit about it.

A cooling cells will cool 1 heat every tick.
    Uranium cells pulse one + N times in a reactor tick, where N is the number of other uranium cells surrounding it (max number of pulses every tick per uranium cell = 1 + 4).

Each uranium cell, every time it pulses, will generate an amount of heat based on how many cooling components are surrounding it:

0 -> 10 per pulse into the reactor hull
    1 -> 10 per pulse into component
    2 -> 8 per pulse, 4 for each component
    3 -> 6 per pulse, 2 for each component
    4 -> 4 per pulse, 1 for each component

So in the design below the first cell will produce every tick 20 heat (2 pulses) into the reactor Hull, the second one will create 30 heat (3 pulses) into the cooling cell next to it and the last uranium will provide 8 heat in both the water cell (2 pulses).

:Uranium Cell:
    :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell:
    :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell:
    :Coolant Cell:

thanks for that i didnt totaly undersand the cable loss thing as each cable is plugged into 3 panels ive partly fixed it useing glass fiber think i may need to redo my setup to loose less power

so would it to be better to make the patch of panels 5 long but wider with copper cables conecting to glass fiber?

tin cables are very useful because they lose 1 eu every 40 blocks but they are uninsulated and they can handle only 3 EU/t. this doesn't mean that you can't wire them to four or more solar panel for the fact they send packets of 1 EU every thick (energy handled by a cable is based on how much a packet of energy is big, not on the sum of the energy). The problem is that you can't use them anymore anymore after a batbox (or anything else that sends more than 3 EU/t at once).

3 solar panels and a batbox are enough for a miner with a mining drill and OD scanner (I build this setup during the night, then it starts running during the day and it saves enough energy to also run during the next night).

1. I like
    2. I can understand where you're coming from on that one
    3. Perhaps Ender Pearls could be used as a T4 energy storage device, especially considering that Enderman are tough to kill.

I would like to use ender pearls with the Teleporter like scrap is used with the Mass Fabricator.

A nuke on the surface

A nuke burried

100 nukes

I fixed the images, but from what I see two images are the same (one nuke burried and one of the 100 nukes) and I don't think none of the first two is a single nuke, are you sure you posted the right images?

I would much rather have a Mark II with an Efficiency of 3, that I dont need to watch to prevent it from removing the bottom part of my house. See Yogscast Technic Pack part 5 for hints... :P

What you are looking for is the second design Dezuman made in his first post in this topic.

My seed is "We have the technology!", I spawned in the middle of a swamp biome, a mountain one and a forest one. I built my house over a cliff at Y 110. in the mountain biome there are a quite good number of water source near the top and they are creating a nice effect flowing down. rubber trees (and trees in general) are very common and the forest is not so full, you can actually see what is around you xD. Oh, there is also a river!

thx also i meen by best as in one that i can just setup and leave it alone for a very long time without having to mess with it i dont care about material wise though it could be made out of pure diamond blocks for all i care lol i just want the longest lasting but still good energy rate

look around the this sub forum for Mark I and Mark II.
    All Mark I reactors don't build up any heat so, even if you are standing in front of it ready to fill it at the end of every cycle, it will never explode.
    All Mark II reactors build up heat during the cycle, but they can complete a full cycle without smelting any pieces inside them, there are designs more stable that can run 10 or 20 more cycle without any cool down (but at some point you will need to wait before using them again) ore there are different ones which can run only few cycles (at least 1) before you will have to wait. the cool down time is usually between few seconds or an hour (there are designs that require more time).

If you never built a reactor follow this instructions:
    1) look for a good spot for the reactor and place it;
    2) dig a square 3x3 around it on the roof and make the ceiling 5 or 6 blocks high;
    3) place a wall obsidian around it*;
    4) craft and place six nuclear chambers around it, on for each face of the reactor**;
    5) connect a redstone wire to one the chambers from the side and use a switch to turn the wire on or off (you can also connect from the bottom using a redstone torch);
    6) connect with the right cable and transformers the reactor to whatever you want;
    7) place 9 buckets of water in the 3x3 hole in the ceiling (only one in the middle should also work, but with nine you are sure xD);
    8 ) turn the switch and apply redstone power to the reactor, then right cick on it and place your desired pattern;
    9) turn the redstone power off, enjoy your fully functional nuclear reactor.

*it's not required.
    **some designs don't require all six chambers.

edit: I don't use a lot breeders, but what you should aim for is to make a particular pattern that doesn't gain or loose any heat, then you should raise the heat to 9000+ using buckets of lava and water (lava should be +2000 heat, water -500 if over 4000, ice -200 if over 200). Remember that breeders are not useful to produce energy, they are used to refill depleted isotope cells.

okey :) thats sound much better, but i have to built the circuit of 1 cycle and than a half cycle and that sounds difficult but i look at the other hint with the redpower...

thx for the hint :) both of you i try it the next days :)

I think it's much simple: you build the clock that is half cycle long, then you connect it to a switch circuit with three output(I don't know if it's right name, it basically cycle through N output each time is activated), the first one sends power to reactor A, the second one to both reactors and the last one to B (you invert the power at the reactor). Even without redpower should be quite compact: the switch circuit should be something like 6x4x4 (or 6x4x5) and the clock using piston shouldn't be so huge.

there is an example of the clock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ature=channel_video_title
    and how accurate it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOg_k4T9DvQ

I don't get why you are looking for a reactor with a longer cooling time.

Uranium Cells last for 10'000 sec, or 2 Hours, 46 Min and 20 Sec.

and the design above requires 1 hour and 15 minutes to cool down you can make a system that runs a reactor (A) and after 1 hour, 23 minutes and 10 seconds (5000 seconds) turns on the other reactor (B). In this way you will have 2/3 of the time a reactor running and 1/3 of the time both turned on (Not exactly 1/3).

I can try to explain my idea with smiles xD:

:Reactor: :Reactor: = a full reactor cycle (2 hours, 46 minutes and 20 seconds)
    :Coolant Cell: = cool down period (1 hour, 23 minutes and 10 seconds)

Reactor A: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell:
    Reactor B: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: