Posts by Cjb

Long time lurker first time caller :D Just wanted to say, I love IC2, (BC and RP as well) and I agree with the majority of MagusUnion's post here

I can't ask for anything more, I have cool toys and machines to play with, and more varied selection of ores to mine just to name my favorties. With other tech mods such as buildcraft and redpower installed as well also adds a challenge element that never gets old - trying to make any kind of cross-mod contraption work and work well. When I run into a bug or whatever, it is annoying but then I remember right quick that I didn't have to pay for this mod and as such it's a case of beggars can't be choosers.

The way I see it, IC and IC2 belongs to Alblaka, he shared it with us as a kindness. And while communication and a bug tracker and open source would be nice, Al and the devs don't have to do a thing to appease us. We didn't pay for the mod and as such they have no obligation to us. (This goes for Eloraam and spacetoad as well)

Except for this bit from the post, this statement is just false and while it might be a bit off topic, there are people that take everything they read as gospel without checking facts for themselves.

Hell, even Eloraam is guilty of the same behavior when it comes to cross compatibility and the ability to create power converters (Spoiler Alert: She hates the shit out of them..)

Eloraam is one of the main reasons all our favorite "tech" mods work together at all.
    After seeing that part of the post I remembered reading this on Eloraam's Blog

"I’ve been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make the large tech mods interoperate well. The functionality in Forge that allows unlimited terrain sprites without performance loss? I wrote it (and it required a major overhaul of the rendering engine, at that). The interfaces to let machines with unusual interface shapes (like IC’s Induction Furnace or RP’s Alloy Furnace) interface with item movement systems like BC’s pipes, RP’s tubes, MFR’s conveyers, etc? I wrote those also. The Ore Dictionary to make mods with similar ores play nicely? That too."

and this part about 10 "page down" button presses down on the same blog post.

"Maeyanie
    December 13, 2011 | 5:10 pm

Well, converting between pipes and tubes is really easy; just put a chest between. And I’m sure someone will write a IC2/blutricity converter, just the way several have sprung up for IC2/BC2 energy.

Eloraam
    December 15, 2011 | 11:53 pm

And I plan to make that particular converter myself, too :)"

She doesn't hate them at all. What I think she hates/dislikes/is wary/scared of (and what I would be too in both her position and Alblaka's) is the idea of other people messing with her baby. She's going to make them herself, the only question is when lol

Anyway keep up the good work Al & team, but most of all have fun with it!

Edits: typos!

Everything looks sweet, worth the wait :thumbup: but,

I have pretty much the same error as him but with forge 251, hope this helps! MC didn't actually crash but FML spit that out in my MC directory, if you want the whole report let me know.

2012-09-30 02:07:26 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file ChargingBench-1.3.2.b1-IC2_1.106.zip failed to read properly, it will be ignored
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModMetadata.<init>(ModMetadata.java:113)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parseModMetadataList(MetadataCollection.java:72)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parse10ModInfo(MetadataCollection.java:64)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.from(MetadataCollection.java:35)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:36)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:30)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:52)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:103)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:317)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:437)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)