[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• Advanced Power Management
    by Pantheis and Tallinu!

Now updated for Minecraft 1.5x!
    >>AdvancedPowerManagement-1.2.68-IC2-1.115.jar<<

Beta update for Minecraft 1.6.2!
    >>AdvancedPowerManagement-1.2.85-IC2-1.118.jar<<

This mod adds several new blocks to Industrial Craft 2 to help you manage your energy grid. We present for your crafting enjoyment the following high quality devices: The Charging Bench, the Battery Station, the Adjustable Transformer, and the Storage Monitor (plus the Emitter for creative builds).

More details are available in the README included inside the JAR or at the APM Github.

Requirements

The current version requires Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2, Industrial Craft 2 version 1.115, and Forge 7.7.1.666 or higher. Please keep in mind that this is tested on a beta version of IC2, and that changes to IC2 or Forge may cause problems.

License Agreement

This mod is provided 'as is' with no warranties, implied or otherwise. The owners of this mod take no responsibility for any damages incurred from the use of this mod. This mod alters fundamental parts of the Minecraft game and parts of Minecraft or of other mods may not work with this mod installed. All damages caused from the use or misuse of this mod are the sole responsibility of the user.

Please see LICENSE.TXT inside the distribution jar or on github for the full agreement.

Mod Packs

Please see the wiki.

Download latest version here!

Version 1.1.68-IC2-1.115, for Minecraft 1.5.x and IC2 1.115 beta, last updated May 11th, 2013
    >>AdvancedPowerManagement-1.2.68-IC2-1.115.jar<<

See the end of this post for old versions.

Source code is available at github.com/Pantheis/AdvancedPowerManagement

Known Issues:

Please see the github issues page for up-to-date information.

Support and bug reporting:

If Minecraft won't start or crashes while playing, post in this thread for assistance. We will need a copy of the full log file titled "ForgeModLoader-client-0.log" found in your minecraft folder (NOT just the crash log).

If you come across bugs while running this mod, please check the github issues page first. If it's not listed, provide the full log file and any reproduction steps you can. The more details about the setup and conditions you can include, the more useful your report will be. The best case scenario is that you can build something from scratch that will reliably reproduce the bug when you perform specific actions, and you write down all of it from start to finish. Developers love those! :)

Change Log:

Please see the wiki.

Overview

See the README for full instructions on everything below. There is not enough room here to describe all the awesome features of this mod in detail!

Charging Bench

The charging bench allows you to charge up to 12 items simultaneously! It comes in three tiers, with similar charging restrictions, energy storage, and voltage limits to the storage unit each is built on. It supports machine upgrades and provides a variety of useful information through its GUI. It also shows the player's armor slots for easy access, has a battery slot for "off-grid" charging, and input and output slots for better support of automation.

New in 1.5.x - Automation changes:

The vanilla Hopper and Dropper, and any mods using the new interface, will use improved inventory access rules. The input and output slots are now accessed from both the top and bottom, but the input slot will not allow items to be removed and the output slot will not allow items to be inserted. Also, the input and battery slots only accept electric items.

LV Charging Bench

1 Batbox
    3 Insulated Copper Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

MV Charging Bench

1 MFE
    3 2x Insulated Gold Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

HV Charging Bench

1 MFSU
    3 4x Insulated HV (Iron) Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

The Charging Bench also supports in-place upgrades using the upgrade toolkit!

1 Iron
    2 Sticks

Craft a toolkit with any tier of Charging Bench to create a components kit, or craft it with such a kit to reassemble it into a ready to use bench.

Battery Stations

Sure, a charging bench lets you fill up a lot of items at the same time with ease, but what if you want to do the opposite and drain power from a lot of items? That's what the Battery Station allows you to do!

It comes in three tiers, like the charging bench. Remember that only battery-type items can be drained of power - most armor and tools cannot! LV, MV, and HV battery stations will output one 32, 128, or 512 EU packet per tick if they can drain enough energy from the items in their inventory.

The button on the left side of the GUI will switch between two input modes. The first accepts all input batteries immediately to clear the slot for more input, and the second holds them in the input slot until they are needed for outputting EU. The display on the right shows the average rate at which the battery station is supplying energy, and the amount of real-world time the batteries in its inventory will last for at that output rate.

New in 1.5.x - Automation changes:

The vanilla Hopper and Dropper, and any mods which use the new interface, now use improved inventory access rules. The input and output slots are accessed from any direction. The input slot will not allow items to be removed and the output slot will not allow items to be inserted. The input slot will only accept valid battery items.

LV Battery Station

1 LV-Transformer
    3 Insulated Copper Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

MV Battery Station

1 MV-Transformer
    3 2x Insulated Gold Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

HV Battery Station

1 HV-Transformer
    3 4x Insulated HV (Iron) Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

Storage Monitor

The storage monitor allows you to remotely monitor an energy storage unit. It will start emitting redstone when the power level falls below a certain threshold, and stop when the power rises above another. The levels are configurable. Craft a blank link-card, right click any energy storage device, then place the card in the slot. There is no range limitation, but it will not work across dimensions.

Storage Monitor

1 Gold Cable (No insulation)
    1 Electronic Circuit
    1 Redstone Dust
    2 Glass
    4 Wooden Planks

Link Card Creator

1 Insulated Copper Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    1 Paper

Adjustable Transformer - New in 1.5.x

If you've ever gotten fed up with the way the simplistic standard transformers work, or just wished for more control over your EU or more information about what's going on under the hood, then this block is for you! The Adjustable Transformer can accept any input voltage and produce any output voltage, and you can configure which sides are inputs and outputs. The GUI has useful readouts showing the average EU passing through, the average input packet size, and the amount of EU currently buffered.

Adjustable Transformer

1 LV-transformer
    1 Advanced Circuit
    1 HV-transformer

Adjustable Emitter

Originally created for easier testing, this cannot be crafted, but can be found in the creative inventory as a bonus for creative builds and map designers.

The Emitter provides a GUI-configurable packet size and output rate when powered by redstone.

Credits

Please see Github
    Special thanks to the original Charging Bench mod. Without your ideas for inspiration, this mod wouldn't exist.

All Downloads

Current version is: 1.2.68-IC2-1.115 for Minecraft 1.5.x and IC2 1.115 beta, last updated May 11th, 2013
    >>Download AdvancedPowerManagement-1.2.68-IC2-1.115.jar<<

Older versions archived below.

Bukkit MCPC 1.4.6 port available here! Thank you Adamros!

• 2012-09-30 09:25:21 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file ChargingBench-1.3.2.b1-IC2_1.106.zip failed to read properly, it will be ignored
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModMetadata.<init>(ModMetadata.java:109)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parseModMetadataList(MetadataCollection.java:72)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parse10ModInfo(MetadataCollection.java:64)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.from(MetadataCollection.java:35)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:36)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:30)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:52)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:103)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:317)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:437)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:143)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:416)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:748)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

forge 295

• Thanks for the bug report. I'm positive that this issue is related to some changes made in Forge between the current recommended version (and the one I'm running, 4.1.4.272) and Forge 295. Unfortunately, there's some mods that still require the older Forge so I don't want to compile against a newer, not-recommended version.

Rest assured, when Forge puts out a new recommended version, I'll update this ASAP to the new version. I don't imagine it will be more than a simple recompile.

• Everything looks sweet, worth the wait :thumbup: but,

I have pretty much the same error as him but with forge 251, hope this helps! MC didn't actually crash but FML spit that out in my MC directory, if you want the whole report let me know.

2012-09-30 02:07:26 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file ChargingBench-1.3.2.b1-IC2_1.106.zip failed to read properly, it will be ignored
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModMetadata.<init>(ModMetadata.java:113)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parseModMetadataList(MetadataCollection.java:72)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parse10ModInfo(MetadataCollection.java:64)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.from(MetadataCollection.java:35)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:36)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:30)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:52)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:103)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:317)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:437)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Alright, that's strange.

I'm looking into it now.

Also, there is the bug I just uncovered. For now, just use a pickaxe to remove the charging bench. It will drop correctly.
    https://github.com/pantheis/ChargingBench/issues/16

-edit-
    Bug confirmed with the mcmod.info file. I borked editing it right before releasing it, so my test copy worked, but the release one didn't. Oops!

I'll be uploading a fixed version of this, along with a temporary work around for issue #16 listed above.

• Worked like a charm! Thanks for looking into that so quickly, you rock! But now if you'll excuse me I have things to charge-up lol

• Thank you for reviving this mod.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Interesting. Thanks for update!

Just for clarification: Transformer upgrade will change only input power, right? So you cannot charge quantum in LV bench with transformer upgrades?

EDIT: I have tested it a bit and I think overclockers waste way too much energy. I really liked insta-charging ability of old charging bench (and it was main reason I used it). But now with 16 overclockers, it consumes whole capacity of HV bench to charge 1 piece of quantum.

EDIT2: Does discharging ability from old charging table still exists?

• Yes, transformer upgrades will change only the input power and power slot item tier allowed. It will not allow a LV bench to charge a tier 2 or 3 item. The discharging ability from the old table didn't make much sense to me so it was removed. That functionality is better served by using an actual energy storage device, such as a MFE or MFSU.

As for the overclockers, they are setup the same way that overclockers work in all other normal IC2 machines. Each overclocker exponentially increases both the charge rate (by 30%) and the energy use (by 50%). Remember that this charging bench is able to charge multiple things at the same time, not just one, and with the shift-click support, you can quickly shift-click your armor in and then shift-click it out of the output slot when it's done charging. We've found that 5 overclockers seem to double both the energy use and speed and will fully charge a set of quantum armor in less than 20 seconds, using 8,180,988 EU, or just over double.

The idea of this was to turn a minute or so of clicking items in an dout of one or more MFSUs into 15-20 seconds of standing there watching while this does the work. If you want it to be even faster, you can, but you have to pay more EU for it and add some energy storage upgrades as well. That's the cost of every IC2 machine that uses overclockers.

That said, we'll review the cost/benefit in additional testing to see if additional adjustments are needed along with seeing what other feedback we get. We don't want this to be an "instant charge" bench though because that would be overpowered. :)

• Assuming those materials in there are batboxes/MFE/MFSU, then this is alot more balanced then the old version, I remember making a MV chargebench when i only had a batbox and was able to use a nanosaber before even making a MFE, then i made an HV bench when i made an MFE, with this you have to actually BE at that level before you can make the bench.

• The materials in there are indeed a batbox/mfe/mfsu. We also increased the base storage to match, so you overall get a much better charging bench. The code that does the charging also tries to charge each item in the bench one tick worth of energy each game tick, assuming you have enough energy stored in the bench. In this way, it'll charge every item in the bench at the same time. :)

• Awesome! Downloaded it and installed it on my dedicated server running forge 297. Running fine, gonna craft them now and i'll report any bug i encounter ;)

• Awesome! Please also let me know if you don't run into any issues with Forge 297. :)

There is one bug that I uncovered but hadn't fixed in the current release. If you add somewhere between 150 and 200 energy storage upgrades to the HV bench, then charge it up fully (all 200+ million EU worth), the battery meter on it will at some point stop displaying. This is due to the signed integer we're using to calculate the display wrapping to a negative number. The fix for this will be to limit the number of energy storage upgrades that the bench uses to 64, because there's no point in letting somebody use this to store 200+ million EU. :) That's just crazy!

64 energy storage upgrades on the HV bench will provide 74 million worth of storage which is more than enough for what this addon is designed to provide.

• So you ask me to downgrade the forge version on my server?

Right now i have to wait till i can craft the charging benches ;) Started this world today and are low on resources right now :p Will take around 30 minutes to get the stuff together ^^

• So you ask me to downgrade the forge version on my server?

Right now i have to wait till i can craft the charging benches ;) Started this world today and are low on resources right now :p Will take around 30 minutes to get the stuff together ^^

Not at all. Stick with the version of forge you have and let me know if it works or not so I can update the opening post with a new "confirmed working with forge version ###".

• Just found enough diamonds to craft the HV Charging Bench.

And all my stuff were empty so it was a great opportunity to test the charging bench ^^

Works like a charm.

Forge used on my dedicated server is 4.1.4.297 (latest at the time of this posting!)

This mod is not only a updated version of the old charging bench, it is much more awesome with the output slots etc. :D
    I love the output slot thing, just shift clicking on the charged items.

Really good job!

Edit: You should change the thread title from SSP/SMP to Universal to prevent confusion ;)

• Myself, a few hours ago: "Hmm, I wonder if that charging bench plugin was ever updated to the newest version..."

Myself, moments later: "Well, look at that!"
    This is very slick, I love it! Haven't noticed any issues with the bench itself. I did encounter a disconnect (SMP) when playing around with the Emitters. When I wrenched an HV Emitter, this was output into the console and I was kicked:

But other than that, very very nice!