This crash eludes me greatly.

• Me and a friend originally started this mod back in 1.5.2. A new friend updated the code in a working "error" state to 1.6.4. even stated he doesn't work well with API's. I asked him about the errors and he couldn't provide much for me. However what i did get was quite perplexing.

The mod loads fine on its own without IC2. But whenever clicking any machine it crashes the client. (probably a bad method with the GUI) but when IC2 is loaded. It crashes MC before it fully loads. I'm no coder and would like answers to solve this. Even going as far as looking for someone to help get the mod on its way.
    http://pastebin.com/pNhn4D64

I only ask for answers regarding these errors. If you wish to see the source let me know. It is on github and is open to the public for viewing. Its supposed to be a addon to IC-2 with a more interesting take on solar energy.

com.rakosmanjr.heliostatpower.gui.machine.ContainerMetalWorker.<clinit>

This here is your real problematic mod, not IC2. My best idea is HeliostatPower is using the old API, or your version of IC2 is too old for the API being used, thus the error with IC2's installation. (Big changes with IC2 and IC2 Experimental = cause crashes with other mods that have not updated)

Check your versions, making sure both are for your Minecraft version and both compatible with each other.

• I had my suspicions of this... my friend who updated the mod told me he doesn't work with API's very well. Its possible he may have made the mod function. But did not use the right API. On the original coders github he has the IC2 API for 1.5.2 there. ugh i hate the idea of it but i may take up learning java just so i can work on the mod myself. thank you for this information however.

One of the biggest hitches he was having was something to do with xml and the gui. That is all i remember.