Suggestion: Computers!/ MOnitors/ CPU's

• Awkward Intro
    Ever Get tired of clicking wires monitoring on EU's. Back pain of checking reactors if they produce heat or ran out of coolants?
    Well fret no more!
    Introducing
    CPU's MOnitor ( i dont know what to name it you decide)
    A computer that will indicate how many EU's or reactor statuses.! simply hook the cable to the wiring/reactor then BAMN it will show you stats!!!
    OKay enough with the tv introduction :D

Inspiration:

I once myself are scared of nuclear reactor but i am willing to take risk. SOmetimes i let myself off guard which makes me sad. Also im not good at wiring. also how EU's distribute. A good indication will simply work. Now it dont need to be like the computer thing. As long as it does the function im sure it would be awesome and a nice fearture for IC2.

Info of suggestion

Name: CPU/Monitor

Overview description:
    A computer Monitor. Or just a big block with a UI. That indicates statuses. Such as EU's (Total or individual) of this certain wiring. Status of machines. such as nuclear reactor generators solar panels etc. or a programable machine that lets you turn on and off all machine with just one click. Emergency Stop any Nuclear reactors! Shut down Cart system. Basically its the FUTUuuure!
    . Think of it as a magic computer. Now it wont be easy to obtain it. might take time to craft. Too make it more balance it will require a certain power and boot time.

Function:

With low budget at hands i created a simple illustration.
    how a UI looks like. It depends in you. if you guys wanna change it

A simple UI that indicates status.
    From Geothermal to Solar. Indicates amouhnt of energy gathered and also its source of fuel to produce energy such as wind speed, and light rays. Reactors too! the power they produce of each reactor.
    Outside is a block or a monitor. Changes colors when there is something wrong with your stuff such as reactor meltdown. A neat feature that lets you shut machines down.

Plug in a cable from the cpu to a machine and it will monitor its statistics

Future Function Suggestion:
    Programmable Function
    Internet: Lets you get guides that are pre installed in the game. also recipes! Blue prints!!!

Pros:
    Easy efficient way for newbie industrialcrafters
    Safe
    Better way on monitoring everything

Cons:
    A lot of items to craft
    Time for boot up
    Require's immense amount of power

Why should you consider this?

IC2 may have stat indicators or someone have already suggested this. But a simple "thing" that gives you stats and also lets you shut it down. Makes everything a bit better :D hey, isnt that the goal of IC? makes everything better ;D I hope you consider this, if not i understand. :D

• Looks good but...
    I dont think this will be easy to code.
    I dont know nothing about programming but I sense this will be very hard.

• remote EU flow/accumulation monitoring has already been suggested and has been seen as "useful". So I guess its a possibility but not a priority.

• Thanks for the awesome feedback. A remeote EU display plus the machine display and such combine in to one would be awesomee!!!

• remote EU flow/accumulation monitoring has already been suggested and has been seen as "useful". So I guess its a possibility but not a priority.

I suggested an idea like this and it is not gona happen it is on the rejected list at the top of sugesstion list.... Name : Advance Eu Management

• I suggested an idea like this and it is not gona happen it is on the rejected list at the top of sugesstion list.... Name : Advance Eu Management

I see but this one can be a machine management :D not just EU ;D Ive read your suggestion. this one is kind of different. It does not manage Eu's What only it does is State how many EU's are in a wire. Or a machine produces. For better calculations :D

• it would bee cool if you could write simple programs on the computer to control machines for instance when it turns night time to be able to turn down the amount of energy flowing through the pipes when it turns night. This could say preserve the energy collect from solar generators when they don't produce enough to compensate.

• it would bee cool if you could write simple programs on the computer to control machines for instance when it turns night time to be able to turn down the amount of energy flowing through the pipes when it turns night. This could say preserve the energy collect from solar generators when they don't produce enough to compensate.

Just use redstone. RedPower sequencers are locked to time of day when set to 300.

Of course the hard part is cutting the power since you need to use two transformers or leaky MFE/MSFU.

• Just use redstone. RedPower sequencers are locked to time of day when set to 300.

Of course the hard part is cutting the power since you need to use two transformers or leaky MFE/MSFU.

IM kind of person who is very bad at redstone. Get me i tried to learn but its farr to much.:(

• I see but this one can be a machine management :D not just EU ;D Ive read your suggestion. this one is kind of different. It does not manage Eu's What only it does is State how many EU's are in a wire. Or a machine produces. For better calculations :D

Erm it is kinda the same....

• the point is, simple reading is easier to implement, which is why the gain/effort ratio has been seen as "useful". A manipulation device brings with it much larger balancing and coding issues.