reactor planner, java

• i'm unable to look at the reactor planner because i get some sort of java security error saying its out of date, does anyone else have this problem?

• Yeah, try updating your Java, and if that doesn't work, your browser most likely has a button somewhere (if there's a red thing at either end of your address bar when you look at the reactor planner page, try clicking it) to make it run Java anyway.

Assuming, of course, that your browser supports Java. If it doesn't, I can only recommend downloading the standalone jar- presumably, if you can run Minecraft, it should work.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

• Hi, I have the same Problem with the reactor planner, although I gave it my permission, it won't work properly. Is there another way to access the posted designs?

• Hi, I have the same Problem with the reactor planner, although I gave it my permission, it won't work properly. Is there another way to access the posted designs?

If you tried updating your Java (both the browser plugin and the standalone version for your desktop) AND tried the standalone version of the planner I don't think there is.
    [Direct link to Talonius's download link, in case the website instantly redirects you to the Oracle/Sun Java download page]

But if you can run Minecraft at all, your Java is probably up-to-date enough that the standalone reactorplanner should work.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

• After my computer auto-updated to 7u51, I was unable to open the reactor planner at the default security level. I had to go to control panel -> java and manuall adjust the security level defined there.

• If you tried updating your Java (both the browser plugin and the standalone version for your desktop) AND tried the standalone version of the planner I don't think there is.
    [Direct link to Talonius's download link, in case the website instantly redirects you to the Oracle/Sun Java download page]

But if you can run Minecraft at all, your Java is probably up-to-date enough that the standalone reactorplanner should work.

Thanks, the standalone version was already working, but I wanted to take a look at other people designs to see what could be improved. :)

After my computer auto-updated to 7u51, I was unable to open the reactor planner at the default security level. I had to go to control panel -> java and manuall adjust the security level defined there.

Thanks alot! That worked like a charm! Now I can use nuclear power without the constant fear of blowing up my base. :D

• "After my computer auto-updated to 7u51, I was unable to open the reactor planner at the default security level. I had to go to control panel -> java and manuall adjust the security level defined there."
    -Omricon

"If you tried updating your Java (both the browser plugin and the standalone version for your desktop) AND tried the standalone version of the planner I don't think there is.

But if you can run Minecraft at all, your Java is probably up-to-date enough that the standalone reactorplanner should work."
    -SomeoneElse37

I tried adjusting the security level and it didn't work. It just sends me to the Java download page as if I don't have Java. I am kind of scared of updating to Java 8 as there are some SERIOUS compatability issues with Java 8, and because Java acts kind of wonky for me when I am installing it. I would also like to know a way to view reactor designs without using a browser.